• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW068: Fukiyose Gym! VS Huuro, A Decisive Air Battle!!

It was no doubt just a slip up that went unnoticed until it was too late. Since Tranquil was used so little before this point, and Wing Attack is a classic 'generic bird pokemon' move that Ash has relied on before, it's not hard to imagine these guys going into autopilot and overlooking it. I wouldn't be surprised if the move mysteriously vanished in the future.

Actually, that makes me wonder; How many of you guys just assumed the Pidove line could learn Wing Attack before the fact that it's an illegal move was mentioned? I know I did.
I didn't assume. TOTALLY LYING =P
As you said, I thought that the Pidove evolutionary line can learn Wing Attack... Was kind of a Shocker when I found out that they can't.

Edit: Lmao... Upside down Ash xD
vlcsnap-2012-03-02-06h57m28s134.png

Last edited:
didn't Ash order a gust from starly in early sinnoh once? perhaps it won't happen again, and why is the picture in my recent post such a big deal to everyone i don't get it.

To be fair, I thought the Mukkuru line could learn Gust until Bulbapedia told me otherwise... but the point is, the writers should be checking out their information. I genuinely thought we were long past the stage were Pokemon were just given moves left, right and center regardless of if they could learn them or not.

Outside of Krokorok going down fairly easily, I liked this gym battle a lot. I gotta say that using Aqua Ring as a defense against Electric attacks actually... makes sense when you think about it, providing a realistic way for Swanna to be able to defeat Pikachu. The sky battle at the made for an interesting climax, and made better with its fluid animation.

Oh, and nice entrance there, Batgirl Skyla.

Last edited:
Enjoyable episode. Waruvile's performance was pathetic, but it didn't bother me too much. While I'm not particularly a fan of evolutions during gyms...Ash's Unfezant's was pretty cool. I loved Skyla's enthusiasm towards the end portions of the battle

I really enjoyed the battle during this gym, and Fuuro is pretty adorable in general. That's been...what...the third evolution during a gym match this series? It was nicely animated, and the battle that followed was very entertaining at least. Overall, I think this was one of the best battles in Best Wishes! so far, even if the first two of Satoshi's Pokemon went down rather quickly.

That final battle between Kenhallow and Swanna, perfectly accompanied by the best wishes instrumental, was epic. Best Wishes is finally starting to deliver in the battle department.

And for the first time since BW1, Pikachu got a new Quick Attack animation. Mind = blown

;_; Maaan, this episode was really really good! I started watching with the expectation of it being pretty mediocre but it was far from that. Even Pikachu, whose battles I haven't really been enjoying lately, had a really engaging battle. Unfezant vs Swanna was the icing on the cake though, especially the aerial ace bit. Definitely the best gym battle of B/W so far imho.

The evolution looked nice... yeah... that's pretty much all I have to say about this ep
Oh, and... as ridiculous as it is to point it out, Ash said "daijoubu daijoubu!" - I can't help but feel good to hear this XD

This episode has won the all-time "ARE THEY TRYING TO BE BAD WRITERS OR GOOD ANIMATORS?" Award!

Plus:ARE WE NOT 'MONS? WE HAVE EVO!
Animation Whoopee!
NEW F****N QUICK ATTACK ANIMATION! FINALLY!
Skyla finally changed her mind...

Minus:
WHAT. THE. FUCK. WING ATACK?! We came so close to no move errors in Best Wishes that weren't dub related on Ash's team...now this...
AERIAL ACE!? CLONECLONECLONECLONECLONECLONECLONE BIRD!(AIR CUTTER DOES NOT MAKE IT UNIQUE!)
PIKACHU NEEDS TO BE THE F*****G FALL GUY IN BRYCEN OR DRAYDEN'S GYM(S), OR I WILL BE VERY ANGRY.
KROKOROK NEEDS TO LEARN A NEW MOVE.(FOUL PLAY OR EVOLVE=OUTRAGE) Soon.
AIR CUTTER IS NOT COOL.
AIR CUTTER IS NOT UNIQUE.
AIR CUTTER IS NOT A SIGNATURE MOVE.
ASH'S UNFEZANT IS STILL BORING.

Overall:2.2/10 for great animation, BUT POOR-AS-S**T WRITING.

I was pissed off by Kororok's perfomance. Why did Skyla think she had the advantage and no one correct he and it loss? The writers REALLY REALLY should be required to play the games or at least have a fucking player's guide in the office I mean fucking christ the reason why dark types existed was to be good against dark types everyone knows that. The action was some of the best we've seen in BW. But I wish he didn't use pikachu and also all the stuff Argus Claydol said

I wish they would not have had a fall guy in this gym battle, or would have preferred Pikachu to go down against Swoobat instead of Krokorok. It was nice to see Tranquil get a win and then evolve and get another win against Swanna. Skyla was saying that she was predicting the battle perfectly up until the Tranquill evolution. Although she did predict that Tranquill would lose to Unfezant, when she actually was recalled instead and Pikachu took Unfezant down. I'm not sure why the writers included that error in there instead of Skyla being corrected about that. The battles themselves were animated very well. I can understand why Ash had Unfezant use Wing Attack since that would be a normal attack for a Flying Pokemon, unfortunately Unfezant doesn't learn that attack. It was great to see Unfezant showing off her speed to be able to defeat that strong Swanna. Pikachu fainted in a different way than what is normally shown, I think that was very creative on the writers' part.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom