• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW069: Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on the camp that says Langley will appear in either Dragon Village episode(s) or Souryuu City episodes, depending on whether she lost to a random Dragon trainer or Shaga. It may also be that she ended up losing to one of Shaga's pupils, but didn't know their connection until she came back for revenge, and end up returning for Souryuu City episodes. Either way, I can't see her appearing beforehand, because her backstory still needs some more development(or meat, if we were to go by food puns) after seeing how Imperial Wrath/Outrage played a role in it and they seem to like pushing her similiarities to Iris to it's full extent, I think whoever she fought, the battle was similiar to Shaga vs. Iris somehow. And if she gets a rematch, I believe, regardless who it is against, it will be a foreshadowing to Iris vs. Shaga.

Cabernet has already an established backstory, and unlike Langley, she is not a full foil to Dent, whereas Langley is basically same as Iris. So I think she can appear anytime they want. I don't have any doubts for either of the two's screentime and development, since they are incredibly popular in Japan. Far, far, far more so than Kouhei, Urara and Harley were.

Anyways, back to the episode; I would like to see Kenyan to use another Pokémon. While I wouldn't mind him using Zeburaika again, since none of the recurring BW characters has a true signature Pokémon; this is most likely Kenyan's only appearance before the League, so he really should showcase more of his other Pokémon.

Last edited:
What? As far as I know she still... sucks. For example, The Shinji vs Jun episode looked like utter trash, and if I recall correctly that was her last episode in DP.

She's not super brilliant or anything, but she is far from the worst they have, and definitely had her shining moments. Chimchar vs. Staraptor, Grotle vs. Rhyperior, Lucario vs. Buoysel, stuff like that. And she did certainly improve, especially compared to her AG/early DP days where everyone bemoaning her episodes when they were announced.

Finally! Another previous recurring character returns!

Now they just need to bring Burgundy and Georgia back.

They can't have everyone on the same episode all the time. Let each rival have their own episode to give them their own personality or backstory.

Cartoon Network called this season of the Rivals, so I think this is just the begging of the Rivals coming!
Stephan is a good rival, he has strong Pokes and hopefully kicks Ash as*!

Kenyan appearing is pretty nice actually XD I agree that the name gag is pretty overdone. But, Kenyan is a nice character with some nice moments in the show his running onto the battlefield before their names were called during Emonga VS. Dageki or saying how he doesn't go easy on females. I think he has a lot more potential then the writers are giving him credit for, I can't really imagine him with Dageki or Zeburaika as a partner if this is anything similar to the contest Kojirou won back in the Battle Frontier, so him debuting with a new Pokemon like say Kojofu And give it to Iris, Washibon, or Protoga would be nice, of course I hope the writers do something to make him less of a joke rival and real threat to Satoshi. He is the sole reason Mijumaru got that training in the first place. So fingers crossed for some possible development and real deal stuff done with him so he doesn't become wasted.

Pikachu, Axew, and Pansage are the pokemon that will be used by the main trio, so chances are that Stephan will also use his "signature" pokemon, Zebstrika.

But what I really want to know is what Iris is wearing around her neck.

Finally! Another previous recurring character returns!

Now they just need to bring Burgundy and Georgia back.

They can't have everyone on the same episode all the time. Let each rival have their own episode to give them their own personality or backstory.
Lol, I wasn't implying that they should bring them back in this episode. I just meant bring them back in future episodes.

Teddiursa was on the money on who the partner Pokemon will be, and it's not surprising. Ugh.
Iris doesn't have anything around her neck in the screenshot other than her pink shirt collar.

BW067068.png

Hope that the barriers are like the things in Koga's gym and Ash just gets nailed by inanimate objects.

Hope that it doesn't turn into another tournament with just Kenyan as a Rival. Also give Kenyan a 3rd Poke, preferably a Darmantian, I want to see one of those things kick-ass like they do in the games (only post Flare-Blitz) unlike what it and Darumaka have been given so far.

@Muk-a-matic Translation will come when they come. Some users are nice enough to take some of their time to translate summaries, it's a voluntary job and there's no need to pressure them. That goes for everyone.

Thanks

OK. Still like Stephan appearing, though:he's a better version of Morrison...

OK. Still like Stephan appearing, though:he's a better version of Morrison...

Unfortunately, I don't share your optimism. I can hear a lot of "My name is StephAAAn" lines and it's already starting to annoy me now that the episode hasn't even aired yet. My goodness, that line is so superfluous and cheap, so why not simply get rid of it?
And oh yeah, StephAAAN, please do me a favor and lose some weight! You look like a steelworker after work and that's ugly.

I like that there's a chubby guy in the cast. That name joke can burn unless the writers do something new with it. Also, I have a feeling Stephen will debut something, I hope.

Shōji Yonemura wrote lights camera quacktion which sucks(though that was his first episode) but he wrote AG 128-130 some of my favorite episodes ever. So I think whether or not the episode is battling oriented will make or break this episode. By battling oriented I mean about battling having one or two battlse doesn't count. So as long as this tower of the sky is guard by agro pokemon I think this will be a fine ep at least for BW

Just a note,

This thread is meant to discuss the episode itself, if you want to go into debate over whether Kenyan is an interesting rival or talk about his past appearances, please do so here.

So Elesa and Mile are here. Cool and someone called Reiji is here.

An Elgyem is here too and it talks about Pikachu and a Thunderstone.

Ooh, a Sawk is here too, I guess it is Stephan's partner Pokemon.

Last edited:
Oh my fucking Arceus another Thunderstone subplot are you fucking serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom