• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Review BW069: Barrier Breakthrough! Climb the Tower of the Sky!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director - Hiromasa Amano
Animation director - Izumi Shimura

On the way to Sekka City, Satoshi and his friends bump into Kenyan and find out about the "Festival of the Wishing Bell." In this festival, each contestant parnters up with one of their pokemon and complete a series of contests in the hopes of winning a chance to ring the wishing bell! In the "Borrowed Item Contest," competitors have to hunt for a Thunder Stone. Can Satoshi find the stone without his Pikachu touching it and evolving into Raichu? Later, Iris dresses up like Araragi-Hakase and Dent dresses up like Kamitsure in the "Look-Alike Contest."

CommanderPigg

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
I thought my body would be ready for Elesa!Dento.

It wasn't.

I'm still shaking from pure ecstasy and euphoria.

Plumeria

misses Alola
Reaction score
It's been months since I've been this excited for a Pokémon episode... it was definitely worth it...

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
There was nothing about this episode that I didn't love. NOTHING.

Yoshi-san

All of the bara
Reaction score
tumblr_m0kaciPVDu1qht8z4o1_500.jpg

I was dying that Kenyan had to crossplay Joy...and Sawk as Tabune...

best episode ever

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
This episode... just... awesome and hilarious.

The biggest laugh of the episode was Dent and Yanappu cosplaying as Kamiture and Emonga, it was just hilarious, as was Dent throughout the episode when he did his Dent thing in the beginning and talked about his fishing rod. One of the funniest moments in Pokémon, period. I was worried because we had seen the result in the preview, but that was just a fraction of it. Dageki's face during Kenyan's cosplay segment was also hilarious, as was Kenyan's cosplay itself. I haven't been the biggest fan of Kenyan so far, but that moment redeemed him in my eyes. Satoshi as Adeku was great too. The old guy had his funny moment, and even the CotD kid had some funny scenes. One of the thing that stood out for this episode for me were Yanappu and Dageki's personalities that were just on display and really effective. Both Pokémon were crazy effective and really personable.

Funny episode, really funny episode.

Adil

Stranded
Reaction score
TOO DAMN ADORABLE... KENYAN!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• zoo1331201744287.jpg
    zoo1331201744287.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 604
  • zoo1331201747669.jpg
    zoo1331201747669.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 646
  • zoo1331201755863.jpg
    zoo1331201755863.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,292

Araragi-hakase

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
I really have nothing constructive to say about this episode except

never change dento

Kenji-girl

Tracey's #1 fangirl
Reaction score
I loved this episode ^-^ Great to see Kenyan get some development finally as well as his Dageki. Them hugging at the end <3333 But yeah, I couldn't stop giggling through out the whole thing.

Poor Dent though... He really did the best cosplaying job but couldn't remember what to say XD

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
346.jpg

Yannapmonga >>>>>>>>>>>>> All the Emonga we've seen on the show... combined.

CommanderPigg

i've fallen and cant get up
Reaction score
show that picture to a person who only plays the games.

tell them it's really elesa.

laugh.

Eitarou

I'm Soi confused
Reaction score
They passed Joy!Stephan, but didn't pass Elesa!Cilan?

Boo! I call foul!

Don't they know talent when they see it?

Adil

Stranded
Reaction score
Jealous?
attachment.php

Attachments

• i0583336-1331204831.jpg
    i0583336-1331204831.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 459
Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Top Bottom