• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW069: Barrier Breakthrough! Climb the Tower of the Sky!!

Cross-dressing Cilan= went better than expected. Nurse Stephan is *~*moe*~*.

He even added eyelashes... should've gotten color-changing contacts while he was at it. Surprised he didn't, actually XD

Oh god, then even us fans wouldn't know if it was Cilan, or Cilan flew on Stunfisk and abducted Elesa and flew back and it was Elesa instead of Cilan.

LOL, I'd laugh hard if it was actually Elesa and she actually failed her own cosplay.

Elesa: What do you mean I'm not Elesa?!

[did anybody see brock's old vest from seasons 1 - 3 through 5 in this episode under the nurse joy hat ATTACH=CONFIG]62264[/ATTACH]

Dawn's hat is in the picture, too. Along with her hair.

Forget Dent's cosplaying, that's the most awesome thing in BW.

Heh. Musashi's R-less shirt and Kojiro's pants are in that pile, too.

Also one of their gloves. I guess that would explain what happened to old TR...

[did anybody see brock's old vest from seasons 1 - 3 through 5 in this episode under the nurse joy hat ATTACH=CONFIG]62264[/ATTACH]

omg, I didn't even notice.
attachment.php

Attachments

• www.dotup.org2724964.jpg
    www.dotup.org2724964.jpg
    300.7 KB · Views: 2,700
Is that one of Satoshi's old backpacks I see?

Also, poor Takeshi. This is the only time his clothes will ever be lying in a pile with a Nurse Joy's.

You know...this meant that Cilan had an equal chance of also cosplaying Brock or Dawn XD

Speaking of trolling...
itsatrap.png

what am i doing with my life

Y'know, it's pretty funny to compare this Dent with his game counterpart and wonder what in God's name the anime guys were thinking.

Haha, me and my friends were talking about this and I asked if any of the writers were female...they weren't XD

But being attracted to Cilan needs not a particular gender or sexuality. The writers have developed him into something so utterly alluring and seductive on their own...they've created a monster, and even they are subject to his mystical wiles~

But really...the thought that someone brought up this idea, to cosplay Cilan as ELESA out of any other character in the anime, is very amusing XD

Setteis for this episode also exist...*cough*

IDK if this has been said already, and I apologize off the bat for inaccuracies/redundancy, but from what I can understand, the reason why that judge didn't pass Cilan was because he was a big Elesa fan and was really strict/picky about it (and it seemed like Cilan was having a hard time trying to recall her various catchphrases, lol).

Still. Going by pure aesthetics, there's no way he couldn't have taken gold.

Having Iris being hypnotized into thinking she won by that Chandelure the race was hilariously cruel writers.

By the way, who saw Stephan winning this thing. I thought for sure, it was gonna be Ash to be honest. But don't get me wrong, I'm happy he won.

Kenyan and Dageki arguing over Dageki's black belt XD
That was seriously one of my favorite parts. xD
"Daigeki, let me borrow this-"
"What NO"

Gosh, Daigeki and Kenyan have such a great chemistry. They're just... so like each other. xD

Is it... is it bad that the most appealing part of Dento's cosplay to me wasn't so much the winking and catchprasing as that he has fabulous arm muscles and lovely armpits...?

okay I know nobody has armpit hair in Pokémon but still

Is it... is it bad that the most appealing part of Dento's cosplay to me wasn't so much the winking and catchprasing as that he has fabulous arm muscles and lovely armpits...?

okay I know nobody has armpit hair in Pokémon but still

and wonderfully hairless ankles and smooth skin

-Kenyan was cool this episode, I'm really glad he won the competition he deserved it. Him and Dageki really had a nice relationship this episode since that is his main Pokemon, I really liked the belt scene, the barreling race pushing scene, those two being so happy they won, and the ending scene with his Hitomoshi candle turning out to be a real Hitomoshi was just adorable, I really hope the writers had him "catch" it, all that jumping around and parading was beyond ftw. Hands down the best part of the episode for me and best Character of the episode. I also enjoyed every cosplay this episode his was my favorite it's just so hilarious seeing this big buff guy attempt to portray a young pretty nurse the contrast is so bad that's good. ^^ I liked Dageki's reaction and demeanor from finding out it would have to dress as a Tabunne, and Joiyan and Dabunne creeping out Miles. Kenyan really really brought the ham and cheese this episode. Hitomoshi blowing out Satoshi's Hitomoshi candle.

-Reiji manages to be entertaining and a nice character of the day, nice design as well. I liked how he claimed to be a Psychic but, it was really Ligray doing all the psychic acts. His scene with the Pururiru as well as Mamepato were icing.

-Iraragi was cute I really liked her "Arararara"'s XD I was kinda hoping to see Langley as her Makomo-Hakase. XD I wonder why they chose Darumaka though, surely Chillarmy would be a much better choice or possibly Aglider or Chevargo or it's pre-evolution. The scene with the Shandera using Confuse Ray on her and her being worshiped by the Minezumi line was kinda creepy and funny at the same time, if only because Minezumi line have gotten pretty creepy thanks to Yoshinko, her crying scenes this episode were all win. Using Dragon Rage to propel the barrel was very clever, I liked seeing her in Araragi's clothes minus the wig.

-Satoshi was hilarity in this episode Satoku was easily the best cosplay of the episode, probably because they look so similar. Pikachu fending off the Air Cutters were nice. I liked seeing him in the clothes without the wig on.

-Dento, I liked the fishing rod scene with letting Iris borrow his fishing rod only for him to start babbling. I liked how Miles was a stingy Kamitsure fan thus was biased toward his cosplay, and his scrambling and attempting to remember the dazzling Kamitsure's catchphrases and various acts.

One of the best "fun" episodes ever. Period. The competition somehow reminded me of the Summer School event.

Stephan winning was unexpected, but good for that reason... even if he owes his victory to that Litwick he used.

I still believe that the best part of this episode was that Iris was confused by the Chandelure and all of those Watchog and thought that she won the race. If only that Watchog cosplayer was there with them, it would have been the perfect scene.

This, like, 20 milion times!

Not to say that cosplay part wasn't good, but this was just epic trolling on writers part.

This was a great and fun episode, there was not one thing I didn't enjoy about it. The best thing about it was not one character took a back seat, everyone took part in something entertaining, so whoever you're a fan of you would have not been disappointed. Loved the part when Iris asked Dent for his fishing rod and right after he pulls it out he starts describing it - I think - poor Iris couldn't take it at all. Satoshi's Adeku imitation was cute from his attempt at deepening his voice and the fact that you could tell he was enjoying himself and Pikachu as Buffron just added to it. Kenyan as Nurse Joi as well as his Joi voice cracked me up as did his Dageki looking really awkward in that Tabunne costume. Darumakka Kibago was hilariously adorable also had to love Iris's Araragi wig being huge so her massive hair could fit into it. And all of those forest Pokémon were nice to be cheering a Confuse Ray effected Iris who thought she had won the running race in the forest. And lastly great on Kenyan for winning the course and now it's possible he could end up winning an even bigger event.

Kamitsure-Dent has been talk about a lot here (which was expected). But can I mention another reason why I loved it? It was exactly how I imagined Dent cross-dressing would be like. I noticed that Dent has a rather feminine body shape (big hips, narrow waist) so I figured should he ever cross-dress he'd make it look good and come off as a trap instead of a man in drag, even with fitting woman's clothes. And that's exactly how he looked like when dressed like Kamitsure, also to top of his feminine body shape we find out Dent even has shapely, womanly, legs (seriously those legs aren't manly at all). And It's not just that, I even imagined Dent doing a seductive pose with a voice to match when cross-dressing and he does that very thing in this episode when trying to imitate Kamitsure. I bet if Dent cross-dressed again he could fool anyone who doesn't know it's him and even appear attractive to males. Btw I've been finding Denmitsure attractive. Seriously. Even more than Kamitsure herself. I now question my sexuality...... In fact I'm not the only one who found him so.

Poor Dent tried his hardest to act like Kamitsure, but, from what I gathered, it seems anyone who got Kamitsure wouldn't have passed anyway with Mile as the judge. Well maybe except for Reiji who would have his Ligray make himself appear as Kamitsure. Dent easily had the best appearance in the imitation contest as he was almost close to perfect at matching Kamitsure's appearance. No, Reiji doesn't count- he wasn't even dressed up as Junsar. So the fact that he didn't pass by Mile's judging just because Mile is a huge Kamitsure fan and was being strict/picky made the whole thing hilarious. Basically Dent definitely would have passed if someone else had been judging. So yeah, fun episode all around and I still haven't gotten over Denmitsure. Also Reiji's eyes are creepy; That's what you call creepy sclera-less eyes to those who says Dent's eyes creep them out because of the same thing- I just don't see what's so creepy about Dent's eyes (in fact sometimes I think they look cute as weird as it sounds).

Last edited:
Like others have mentioned before, this was a great BW "filler" episode. There were plenty of aspects of this episode that were impossible to hate, and it's not just because Cilan had screwed up a cosplay of Elesa. We had an entertaining COTD who was willing to cheat to get ahead of the competition. We had someone like Stephan who appeared to lose all of the competitions (i.e. Stephan was dumb enough to answer the first of Miles's quiz questions incorrectly, but Ash and co. stopped him before he made his final answer) win the entire thing. I loved that there were plenty of Ghost-type pokemon used throughout the competition (the Frillish in the tower, Lampent and Chandelure in the forest, etc.). Awesome job on a great episode, writers.

Kamitsure-Dent has been talk about a lot here (which was expected). But can I mention another reason why I loved it? It was exactly how I imagined Dent cross-dressing would be like. I noticed that Dent has a rather feminine body shape (big hips, narrow waist) so I figured should he ever cross-dress he'd make it look good and come off as a trap instead of a man in drag, even with fitting woman's clothes. And that's exactly how he looked like when dressed like Kamitsure, also to top of his feminine body shape we find out Dent even has shapely, womanly, legs (seriously those legs aren't manly at all). And It's not just that, I even imagined Dent doing a seductive pose with a voice to match when cross-dressing and he does that very thing in this episode when trying to imitate Kamitsure. I bet if Dent cross-dressed again he could fool anyone who doesn't know it's him and even appear attractive to males. Btw I've been finding Denmitsure attractive. Seriously. Even more than Kamitsure herself. I now question my sexuality...... In fact I'm not the only one who found him so.

^^^^^^OH GOD, THIS THIS THIS, EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS.

It's not even drag, it's a flippin' genderbend. other than those less than extremely feminine arms I bet even Skyla Brock would fall for him...her...Cilesa XD

And I know I'm posting excessively and annoyingly in this thread about this subject, so I'll shed light on the other parts of the episode as well :p

...If I can remember them XD
[sub]because seriously...after cilesa, my mind completely blanked out[/sub]

- I didn't like the Reiji kid that much. Not only because he was a "cheating" little twerp, there should only be one Reiji on this show :( If Conway and Paul had a baby, it would be this guy. I guess he fit the theme of the episode well though, with the creepy ghost tower and all.

- Kenyan was great in this episode. I loved how his name was mispronounced off the bat. The way his Sawk was resisting during the scavenger hunt (?) when he was basically trying to derobe him still has me in stitches XD

- Never ask Cilan for his rod unless you're Ash

- Iris's "Arararararara's" were adoooorbs! I think she stayed perfectly in character XDDDD

- I guess Litwick only drain your energy when they want to...

- Light screen looks awesome

- other cool stuff

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom