• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW069: Barrier Breakthrough! Climb the Tower of the Sky!!

[did anybody see brock's old vest from seasons 1 - 3 through 5 in this episode under the nurse joy hat ATTACH=CONFIG]62264[/ATTACH]

omg, I didn't even notice.
attachment.php

May be imagining things but I think those might be Hermione's glasses in there.

Last edited:
I don't get why people are disspointed in Kibago dressing up as a Darumaka instead of a Pokémon Araragi owns. I mean, Iris using "ara ara", Kibago dressing up as a desert Pokémon, it's obvious who she is really referencing:
rangurei.jpg

I was kinda hoping to see Langley as her Makomo-Hakase. XD

I see what you did there. I approve.

Oh yes I forgot to say I also loved Iris's "Ararara", I agree with those who said it was cute. And I'm wondering how did that wig get so big in order to fit all of her massive hair inside when then one she picked up was clearly smaller.

And I can't believe I forgot to mention Panmolga (Pansage as Emolga) he was adorable, especially from the cute faces he made. In fact I think I'm finding Panmolga cuter than an actual Emolga. Cilesa and Panmolga pair- sexiness and cuteness factor overload.

It's not even drag, it's a flippin' genderbend. other than those less than extremely feminine arms
Yes agreed. No matter how many times I look at Cilesa I am unable to see a guy in girl's clothing due to the reasons I stated. Comparing it to when James cross-dressed; Every time he did it I knew I was seeing a man in drag and that's what made it hilarious (it was even more so when James wasn't even attempting to act like a woman). Cilan meanwhile comes off as a trap who can appeal to male audiences to the point were they find him attractive and doesn't look disturbing when wearing fitting woman's clothes like Elesa's. Because of this I love both equally in different ways due to their different qualities. Oh yes and there's also Harley who falls into the hilariously disturbing category of cross-dressing.

And if I count Ash; He falls into the cute and funny category of cross-dressing due to his innocent mind. Also I just loved the feminine voice Mamoru Miyano gave to Cilesa. It didn't even sound a lot like a guy attempting to do a girl's voice to me. Now I can't wait for the dub version of this episode to air just so I can see how Jason Griffith handles Cilesa. And I'm also wanting to hear Stephan's Nurse Joy voice in English (hope it's just as hilarious).

I bet even Skyla Brock would fall for him...her...Cilesa XD[/s]
Brock's woman sense actually failing to see that Cilesa is really a guy? I bet it would be Cilan's feminine body that would cause it.

And It's not just that, I even imagined Dent doing a seductive pose with a voice to match when cross-dressing and he does that very thing in this episode when trying to imitate Kamitsure.
Forgot note that I did not expect him to actually do that, I thought it would just be something that would forever be part of my crazy imagination. So when he did I was taken aback, I mean seeing someone going into a seductive pose isn't something you see everyday in the Pokémon anime. In fact I can't remember if it ever happened before (well I can't remember every single episode).

Last edited:
Nice ep, I like how they apparently had previous character outfits in that pile of clothes - didn't notice it when I watched, only after reading replies here
I have to say the whole Thunderstone thing was a little ridiculous - Pikachu DID touch a Thunderstone before without evolving, back in Vermilion when it was suggested to use one, it just threw it away with its tail, so I'd think touching it wouldn't evolve it if it doesn't want to... but maybe that was ignored and changed now like many other Kanto things...
I don't really like either that old man or the little kid, so I really hope they're not going to stick to the tournament eps, especially since they seem to feature more interesting characters

This was one of the rare episodes I liked in BW. Highlights include psychic cheating and Iris getting pwned.

2 issues though. The game trivia got a little annoying especially since they were so easy and I always thought that the pick from three starters thing wasn't universal since not everyone has a starter on there team, look at all of the main 4 characters they didn't a choice between the usual starters unless they traded or gave them away. And to create this continuity problem just to ask them a question about the games is just not worth it.

I just realized something after reading this last page.

Green body hair would be disgusting.

Why didn't Kenyan wish that people would pronounce his name right? That would be a great way to end the gag but instead we have to take this wish as a plot point for the future episodes and I am not in favor of Stephan winning

This is probably the only episode where I actually got interested in Stephan XD So many awesome moments, even from random characters that show up for a second or so. (NeverMeltIce, anyone?) But MILE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF REJECTING SUCH AMAZING ELESA COSPLAY I love how everyone got so into their cosplays and their little voice/personality impressions were just great (Ash's Alder laugh especially).

This is the highlight for me, though:

BWD.jpg

^Its voice just rings in my head every time I see that picture. |:

I just saw this episode, and boy was it hilarious! I'm just surprised no one here made a comment about that Darumaka checking out Kenyan's ass.

darumakastaring.png

Kenyan was really bad at the trivia questions... I like how realistic the Hitomoshi candles looked, it was almost as if they were real Hitomoshi. I couldn't stop laughing when seeing Kenyan disguised as Nurse Joy. Cilan's disguise of Elese looked almost exactly like her.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom