• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW069: Barrier Breakthrough! Climb the Tower of the Sky!!

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Barrier Breakthrough! Climb The Tower Of The Sky!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard - Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director - Hiromasa Amano
Animation director - Izumi Shimura

On the way to Sekka City, Satoshi and his friends bump into Kenyan and find out about the "Festival of the Wishing Bell." In this festival, each contestant parnters up with one of their pokemon and complete a series of contests in the hopes of winning a chance to ring the wishing bell! In the "Borrowed Item Contest," competitors have to hunt for a Thunder Stone. Can Satoshi find the stone without his Pikachu touching it and evolving into Raichu? Later, Iris dresses up like Araragi-Hakase and Dent dresses up like Kamitsure in the "Look-Alike Contest."

I thought my body would be ready for Elesa!Dento.

It wasn't.

I'm still shaking from pure ecstasy and euphoria.

It's been months since I've been this excited for a Pokémon episode... it was definitely worth it...

tumblr_m0kaciPVDu1qht8z4o1_500.jpg

I was dying that Kenyan had to crossplay Joy...and Sawk as Tabune...

best episode ever

This episode... just... awesome and hilarious.

The biggest laugh of the episode was Dent and Yanappu cosplaying as Kamiture and Emonga, it was just hilarious, as was Dent throughout the episode when he did his Dent thing in the beginning and talked about his fishing rod. One of the funniest moments in Pokémon, period. I was worried because we had seen the result in the preview, but that was just a fraction of it. Dageki's face during Kenyan's cosplay segment was also hilarious, as was Kenyan's cosplay itself. I haven't been the biggest fan of Kenyan so far, but that moment redeemed him in my eyes. Satoshi as Adeku was great too. The old guy had his funny moment, and even the CotD kid had some funny scenes. One of the thing that stood out for this episode for me were Yanappu and Dageki's personalities that were just on display and really effective. Both Pokémon were crazy effective and really personable.

Funny episode, really funny episode.

TOO DAMN ADORABLE... KENYAN!
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• zoo1331201744287.jpg
    zoo1331201744287.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 627
  • zoo1331201747669.jpg
    zoo1331201747669.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 662
  • zoo1331201755863.jpg
    zoo1331201755863.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 1,308
I really have nothing constructive to say about this episode except

never change dento

I loved this episode ^-^ Great to see Kenyan get some development finally as well as his Dageki. Them hugging at the end <3333 But yeah, I couldn't stop giggling through out the whole thing.

Poor Dent though... He really did the best cosplaying job but couldn't remember what to say XD

346.jpg

Yannapmonga >>>>>>>>>>>>> All the Emonga we've seen on the show... combined.

show that picture to a person who only plays the games.

tell them it's really elesa.

laugh.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom