• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, Close Combat looks appropriately brutal....and.....looks like Trip might be dismissing Bianca as a strong opponent....

....jokes on you asshole....

Hahaha, I still think our favorite bubble-head versus Ash's rival, only to have the her win against him is hilarious.

Also, no one said greasers played nice...poor Scraggy.

Can't wait to see Queen B kicking some major ass! Trip and his conkeldurr will be a tough one!

Scraggy and Ash are so great together! the scene were he talks to him is probably when he tells him that he chooses him to participate! Yannakie and his trainer are mean and so this victory will be even sweeter! :D

I sort of hate Akkie and Simisage, because that was a cheap move, when Simisage stood on Scraggy's shredded skin, so that Simisage could kick Scraggy.

Really? I personally disagree on that quite a lot, as plenty of Pokémon have used another Pokémon anatomy against them without so much as an eyebrow raised. I remember Doryuzu grabbing Pikachu by its tail without being commanded to so it couldn't get away.

I sort of hate Akkie and Simisage, because that was a cheap move, when Simisage stood on Scraggy's shredded skin, so that Simisage could kick Scraggy.

Really? I personally disagree on that quite a lot, as plenty of Pokémon have used another Pokémon anatomy against them without so much as an eyebrow raised. I remember Doryuzu grabbing Pikachu by its tail without being commanded to so it couldn't get away.

As much as I like Excadrill, I even hated him for doing that.

I know fighting is fighting and trainers and Pokemon need to try to win at almost any cost, but I think there should be a line drawn somewhere. I commended Ash on allowing Krokorok to get it's Sunglasses back, because that was fair, but things like holding a Pokemon by it's tail or a Pokemon stamping its foot on a young Pokemon's skin(even though Akkie and/or Simisage might not know that), so that it can't move is unfair in my opinion.

Although, it could be a chance for Scraggy to try even harder and to fight the obstacles in his path, but all in all, I believe it is unfair.

Is it bad that I actually wanted Trip to win this battle? I mean I'm happy that Bianca is actually winning something for once but sheesh do they have to make him lose every single battle it's a shame because Conkeldurr which is a pretty strong Pokemon in game isn't getting a time to shine. I bet in the next Don-whatever tournament he'll lose to Iris or something.

Is it bad that I actually wanted Trip to win this battle? I mean I'm happy that Bianca is actually winning something for once but sheesh do they have to make him lose every single battle it's a shame because Conkeldurr which is a pretty strong Pokemon in game isn't getting a time to shine. I bet in the next Don-whatever tournament he'll lose to Iris or something.
Depends why Trip loses imo. We know Bianca is hard to read, there's every likelihood Trip will take Bianca too lightly and not battle effectively, Trip has been established fairly well as losing his temper very easily and that will have a lot of bearing on the battle.

It's certainly good seeing Bianca grow though, she's probably better handled in growth and pacing than anyone else, unfortunately including Ash. Also, It's certainly good seeing Bianca.

The animation looks great, and while we know who's going to be in the finals, at least there should be some decent battles here and there. Scraggy is one awesome Pokemon, and has been handled greatly so far. Kudos to the writers for giving it some development. Lol @ Trip underestimating Bianca and Scraggy's face lol.

I hope we see some Langley interactions in this episode other than her and Iris. I really want some Langley Love going on :)

Pretty late to the party, but all I can say is that I am looking forward to these episodes greatly.
Maybe I am a minority but I liked the first Don Battle tournament even with all the recycled jokes and battle animation but the second tournament looks even better.
Better Pokémon are used, the animation seems to be brilliant and some of my favourite characters get pretty far so I hope they'll get good screentime as well.

Shooti being beaten by my favourite starter of Unova? Hell yeah. And from Bell too! I am really starting to wonder if Shooti is meant to be the rival in this series after all.
I hope Iris and Langley continue their brickering like they did in the first tournament and that Cabernet will be the great character that she is.
Kenyan reminds me of Masamune, but in a good way so it is cool that the writers treat him like a serious rival as well.

Zuruggu needed an episode like this one and it also helps that he is fighting against one of my favourites of the 5th Gen. Funny how half of my in-game team is present in this tournament. :p

All in all I am looking forward to these episodes and will start watching BW again after I skipped almost 20 episodes.

More scans.
Donamite2.png

Donamite3.png

Donamite4.png

When I first started reading that there was going to be another tournament arc, I was so, so, so turned off by it. Battles are fun to watch and all, but 3-4 episodes in a row of meaningless battles? Okay.jpg

But from reading this thread now...okay, I'm pretty excited. Mostly to see Bel battle in a legitimate contest that she's grown so much as a trainer. She has been by far my favorite of the rivals to watch. Really excited to see all of the rivals interacting with one another again, too, especially Cabernet and Dento! Langley and Iris, too.

I really hope they don't over do gags like they did in the last tournament, though. Bel chasing Zorou around and messing up Kenyan's name got so old so fast...

But from these scans, it looks entertaining, at least 8D

This one is more serious than the other one. Everyone was just getting to know everyone else. But here, there are other competitors and ofcurse there is Masoami who I am curious about.

Am I the only one who wants to see Iris start showing respect to Langley's talents in Donamite, seeing we already saw Langley get excited at Iris growing as a battler? Nobody else? Okay. Back to my corner then.

I somehow hope their rival-relationship start to move on from petty cat fighting all the time.

Am I the only one who wants to see Iris start showing respect to Langley's talents in Donamite, seeing we already saw Langley get excited at Iris growing as a battler? Nobody else? Okay. Back to my corner then.

No. I want to see that too. I hate how Iris is so full of herself. It makes me think that she doesn't need a rival because it doesn't effect her.

Could Masomi be an A class Connoisseur!? He has the style! and it seems he has the skil!?

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom