• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they will fight on the top of the Celestial Tower!!
cause this is the episode after the rush to the tower ep! so maybe there is a training camp or a don battle camp!

Probably a long-shot, but is it possible that "Donamite" is a sort-of title for a Don George, like how Nyasu was Nyagothiator when he joined with the twerps, and maybe the Yanakkie belongs to him and its just for one episode as opposed to a big tournament? Again, I think it's a long-shot, but it's what I first thought when reading the title before it was properly translated as what it is now.

I know it's not a lot to go on, but I'm not impressed by the summary - "Will Satoshi's cheers get through to it?" - and if it does turn out to be similar to the previous battle tournament... meh. Yanakkie is my favourite of the monkeys and I've wanted to see it for ages, but if this turns out to be a crappy battle like so many we've had in BW so far then I might give this one a miss (which has happened a lot these past 60-something episodes).

I think Don George is a fun character, although not appearing as of late, so I would look forward to a Don George appearance. It would be funny if "Donamite" is a masked Don George, which would admittedly be very awesome. Simisage is also the best-looking elemental monkey so it's nice to see it too.

Thanks for reading.

Is...is Simisage actually kicking Scraggy in the stomach? Now I'm getting South Park flashbacks. "Kick the baby!"

What I'm mainly I'm looking forward to about this one is Yanakkie. The elemental monkey evolutions are among my favourite Generation V pokemon, and it has been almost a year since Baokkie's sole appearance in that Emonga-centred episode. I'm pleased that they're finally going to be getting more exposure.

Last edited:
What I'm mainly I'm looking forward about this one is Yanakkie. The elemental monkey evolutions are among my favourite Generation V pokemon, and it has been almost a year since Baokkie's sole appearance in that Emonga-centred episode. I'm pleased that they're finally going to be getting more exposure.

^This.
I'm honestly surprised that the two other Simis didn't get debuts earlier, given how popular they are in Japan. It would be nice if Simisear got another episode that mostly focused on it, rather than being a minor antagonist in a filler episode.

When I first saw the title of this episode my reaction was "YAY! Pansage is evolving!" But then I remembered that the ending theme confirmed all the future evolutions so far, so my hopes were dashed (unless the animators are trolling us with a surprise evo).

Having another tournament mini-series could be fun, I've liked them in the past.

Donomite?
I can just see Don George turning this tournament into a club scene and DJing it up.

Anyway, always love some development for Scraggy. He's my favorite of Ash's Pokemon. Honestly I'm not a big fan of Simisage, it's my least favorite of the monkeys, (still waiting on episodes for the other two, the Simisear debut was pretty weak in my opinion), but it looks like it will be an interesting fight.

Hopefully Scrags will learn a new move!

Donomite?
I can just see Don George turning this tournament into a club scene and DJing it up.

He gon' rock this club, He gon' go all nite, He gon' light it up like it's Donamite!

Anyway, always love some development for Scraggy. He's my favorite of Ash's Pokemon.

This is pretty much how I feel. He's been at that stage where he's shown to be ready to get into a real battle and I'm glad he's finally being used. I'll especially like it if the episode goes more in depth in the friendship between Ash and Zuruggu. I don't know if this is gonna be another tournament arc. I really wonder what the Donamite is exactly, but I'm just glad we're getting some Zuruggu screen time.

I can't see Scraggy winning this it's getting utterly destroyed by the looks of that picture.

So after Unfenzant stars in a gym battle, Scraggy gets some much needed attention. Hmm, perhaps this is the start of a run of episodes where some of Ash's more neglected Pokemon get some more screen time and development. Well, I hope so, anyway.

I would love it if Scraggy learned Dragon Dance or something cool like that. And I really hope that Scraggy's usage in this tournament leads up to being used in Icirrus Gym, maybe even starring and- do I dare?- evolving.

I think its obvious that Scraggy will get a new move here and then go on to beat Brycen. Seeing as it is Simisage and then an Ice gym, I'm thinking he'll get Fire Punch here

I think its too early for Scraggy to learn a new move then. He has hardly used Hi Jump Kick so I don't really see the point for him learning a new move.

He needs more moves so he can actually battle. He only has two proper attacks at the moment, and that's worse than Pokabu, which is really saying something. The sooner he gets a full set of 4 the better, imo.

But if he's going to become a better battler, I think he's going to need more than Leer, Headbutt and Hi-Jump Kick.

He needs more moves so he can actually battle. He only has two proper attacks at the moment, and that's worse than Pokabu, which is really saying something. The sooner he gets a full set of 4 the better, imo.

Hey, don't pick on the Tepig(If you were). :( And he can actually battle now, it's just that he can't do a lot with 2 contact moves and Leer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom