• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW070: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
BW070: ドンナマイト開幕! ズルッグVSヤナッキー!!
Translation: The Donamite Gets Underway! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!
Airing on: March 15, 2012

"Satoshi challenges the battle known as the "Donamite"! However, his partner Zuruggu is struggling! Will Satoshi's cheers get through to it?"

http://i.imgur.com/Ufsn6.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/D9kf3.jpg

New Information.

1. Ash and his friends participate in a battle tournament taking place in Toaru Town (probably from "toaru" = "some", as in "some place", "a certain place"). The tournament is famous for its many Fighting type participants. Having chosen Scraggy, a Fighting type, as his partner, Ash clashes with Acky and his/her "Thorn Monkey" Pokémon, Simisage.

2. Mostly the same, just that the host is Don George and that Scraggy takes some heavy hits from Simisage.

BEHOLD! PURE EPICNESS coming through! :D
9ZrQ9.jpg cEPsH.jpg KDJVT.jpg oN7D4.jpg
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

- The article confirms that the Donamite will be a four-parter.

- The 16 contestants are:
Satoshi and Zurug - Zurug is seen using Leer.
Shooty and Roubushin - Shooty's Dotekkotsu has evolved and learned Bulk Up.
Kenyan and Dageki - Kenyan's Fighting-Type pokemon has learned Karate Chop.
Edmond (エドモンド) and Gamageroge - His Gamageroge uses its Ability "Swift Swim" to increase its speed.
Flora (フローラ) and Gothemelle - Gothemelle can use Psyshock.
Dent and Yanapp - Dent will do his "Tasting Time" during this tournament as well.
Bel and Emboar - Bel's Charbu has evolved!
Cabernet and Futachimaru - Cabernet will also be doing a "Tasting Time" during this tournament.
Langley and Kirikizan - Langley's pokemon has learned "Metal Sound."
Akkey (アッキー) and Yanakkey - Yanakkey can use Giga Impact.
Iris and Doryuuzu - Doryuuzu will use Metal Claw in this tournament.
Bakkey (バッキー) and Hiyakkey - She's Akkey's and Chakkey's sister. Her Hiyakkey can use Low Kick.
Chakkey (チャッキー) and Baokkey - Akkey, Bakkey, and Chakkey are famous siblings.
Grace (グレース) and Crimgan - Crimgan can use Dragon Claw.
Domon (ドモン) and Kojondo - Kojondo flails its whip-like arms about when it uses Pound attack.
Masaomi (マサオミ) and Nageki - His strength has been recognized by Don George himself. His Nageki can use Bulk Up.

- Six of the battles will be:
Yanakkey vs. Zurug - Yanakkey is able to use Low Kick even though it's not a Fighting-Type pokemon. Zurug will fight back with a new technique.
Nageki vs. Kojondo - This will be a battle of strength and speed! Nageki will use Seismic Toss on Kojondo at some point.
Yannap vs. Gothemelle - This will be a battle of speed between two small pokemon. How will Dent and Yanapp deal with Gothemelle's Double Slap and Psyshock attacks? At one point in the battle, Yanapp's eyes will start to glow after being hit with one of Gothemelle's attacks.
Gamageroge vs. Dageki - Dageki is in a real jam after Gamageroge's "Swift Swim" Ability kicks in! Can Dageki decide the match with continuous Close Combat?
Futachimaru vs. Doryuuzu - Futachimaru is able to use its hard hotachi to defend itself against Doryuuzu's attacks. In addition, Doryuuzu is weak against Futachimaru's Water-Type attacks!
Roubushin vs. Emboar - Roubushin can use its giant beams both offensively and defensively. At one point in the battle, Emboar is trapped by Roubushin's Rock Tomb attack.
[video=youtube;uyVQEBxU33E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyVQEBxU33E[/video]

Last edited:
Re: BW070: The Unvieling Donamite! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Another Scraggy based episode? I'm all for it!

I thought I already made a thread for this?

Anyway, I wonder what Donamite is.

I think it might be a pun on "Don" (like the Battle Club guy) and "Dynamite". Now I'm even more confused!! I'm glad Simisage gets his own episode rather than being stuffed into a predicable triple-battle episode with the other two Simis.

I think it might be a pun on "Don" (like the Battle Club guy) and "Dynamite". Now I'm even more confused!! I'm glad Simisage gets his own episode rather than being stuffed into a predicable triple-battle episode with the other two Simis.

^That.

Yanakkie looks damn strong. Looking forward to see Scraggy in action.

Re: BW070: The Unveiling Donamite! Zuruggu VS Yanakkie!!

Summary translated by Dephender over at Serebii forums.

"Satoshi challenges the battle known as the "Donamite"! However, his partner Zuruggu is struggling! Will Satoshi's cheers get through to it?"

Hmm, I don't think it is a big tournament now, but nonetheless, it includes Scraggy so I'm happy about the episode.

@adyniz

Could you add this translation to the Opening Post.

Last edited:

Sooo... Are we expecting a new move? Brick Break or Payback may be. Sounds like a fun episode

I would love it if Scraggy gets a new fighting move, just as long as the move isn't called Low Kick.

I would love it if Scraggy gets a new fighting move, just as long as the move isn't called Low Kick.

Eww... no! Not a "- kick" move again. But yeah, a new move would be nice.

Zuruggu episode = awesomeness. That is all. :)

Just assuming that there's a trainer behind that brute, I really am interested to see Simisage's trainer. I hope they're as every bit as malicious looking as their Pokemon.

There's going to be a festival in the previous episode. I wonder if this "Donamite" thing will be a part of that as well.

Also, "The Curtain Rises on the Donamite!" or "The Donamite Gets Underway!" would be better translations for the episode title.

Sooo... Are we expecting a new move? Brick Break or Payback may be. Sounds like a fun episode
How about ''Ice punch'' or ''Snarl'' ?
Although "Ice punch'' is a egg move , we did find out about Krokorok's ''Thunder Fang'' in future !
Finally a Battling episode,
And its about Scraggy
How long it's been since Ash beat someone who isn't a Gym Leader ?

It's about time that Ash uses Scraggy in a battle again. He has been focusing so much of his time battling alongside his other pokemon that Scraggy hardly got any screentime in recent episodes. I am hoping that Scraggy learns a new move, or at the very least, strengthens or perfects his Headbutt attack.

I am also hoping that this is a multi-part story arc, too. It will give the writers an incentive to feature the recurring trainers in the series again, but I am expecting that this will be simply a one-episode storyline where Ash battles a COTD.

sounds nice ! a good match up! Is the dominate a person or a tournament! Could imagine this being a two times battle episode! One where Scraggy losses and than after some training it becomes amazing!

From the moves Scraggy can learn and which are effective towards Simisage, seing incinerate, poison jab, sludgebomb. or brick break

Last edited:

Aww, HELL YES. Now THIS is an episode I can get behind.

- Debut of favourite Generation 5 pokemon (tied with Darmanitan)? Check.
- It looking like it'll be true to it's dex and a delinquent monkey-butt? Check.
- Favourite Ash pokemon? Check.
- Development for said favourite Ash pokemon being likely? Check.
- Greaser vs. Chav? Check!

Episode has already won in my book.

Yes! Scraggy gets an episode all to itself. I hope it wins because it really needs one. It can lose next time.

If this is supposedly another type of Don Battle-esque tournament...let's hope it's handled better than the fiasco that was the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom