• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW071: Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: BW071: Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

It would really weaken Iris and her already fairly poorly developed rivalry with Georgia if one of Ash's main rivals also had a major dragon type, it would only really leave her with the kinda weak reason of being from the village of dragons as a way of making their rivalry be anything more than generic.

I don't see how it makes any difference to have Emmy or a main rival, it'll have the same impact on the Iris/Langley dynamic. I'd like to see Kenyan be the one to get Crimgan and get an early exit from the tournament since he got far last time around. Though, there's something that strikes me as really odd here and that's that in the Don Battle tournament, the feature battle mentioned in the title either involved one of Satoshi or Iris' pokémon. But out of the three battles we've got so far, only one involves a Pokémon belonging on the main cast... dun dun dun.

DRUDDZ!!!!!<3333333333333333

The reason I had started watching BW was because I saw my favourite 5th gen Pokemon being featured in (then) upcoming episode, so I'm massively happy about it coming back. I like that it will be facing Bisharp, as it's a pretty cool Pokemon as well. And finally, I'm glad that we're slowly coming to the moment where fully evolved Pokemon are battling. Never really liked watching NFE battles, and probably never will.

I was wondering,
What if Trainer has to use a random pokemon chosen by tournament official in the second round of ''Donamite'' ?
Which also might mean that Bisharp might be a random pokemon Ash using.
Let face it, Another One on One tournament,
May be, Donamite has various set of rule in different round !

But then why would they use this rule only from second round on, and not from the very start?

But then why would they use this rule only from second round on, and not from the very start?
May be, Different round follow different rule
There are chance that the rule in 3rd or 4th round also be different.
Kind a like mini League conference !

I'm sure we would all prefer to have a COTD who had appeared in a previous episode in this tournament than for the writers to suddenly create new COTDs out of the woodwork.

To me, the two scenarii are interchangeable. Emmy was pretty much the stereotypical generic bland female CotD we've seen a thousand time, so having her in the tournament would be pretty much the exact same thing as having a generic CotD. I personally would rather see the established rivals make a comeback here, especially those who didn't do so well last time around, and have one of them show up with Crimgan. It would be a good fit with Kenyan or Shooti.

Whomever has the Druddigon is going DOWN [...] (NOT BIANCA OR BURGUNDY!)

I agree, whoever has Crimgan is looking at an early exit, so I'd much rather not see amazing characters like Bel and Cabernet end up with it, you're totally right AC. :p

Emmy wasn't bland. I just wished they didn't have Iris to step in to do the work for her with Druddugon instead of making her seem more like a challenge. Which she could be. But if Langley is a dragon crusher, than beating Emmy would be a plus for her.

Yes! A Kirikizan episode! It's my favorite Unova Pokemon so I was waiting for this moment. ^-^

So I waited after college midterms to check out the new episode thread titles and all I can say is FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVES ME SOME LANGLEY! She, along with Bianca and Burgundy have made the rival category interesting this saga and I am so happy to see them return. :) I do hope it plays out much better for them this time around though, being push overs is no fun, and I'd to see each of them kick some serious ass.

Speaking of which, I kinda hope in this tourney that they'll give us some hints as to whether or not Burgundy and/or Langley will be in the League, let's face it they'd make it all the better, and they'd be perfect opponents for Bel and Ash. Kenyan and Trip can GTFO for all I care.

Donamite?

Oh! Don Battle redux! With wordplay this time!

Anyway, yeah, Georgia will be beating Druddigon. I hate to say it, because Georgia is doing a better job filling Paul's role than Trip and I want her to lose, but she needs to beat dragons, and then her and Iris will have further friction, which is important.

Maybe Trip will have it. Or Luke. I like seeing Trip get beat, because it proves he's the noob. Not Ash. That, and I think it really matters more that Georgia smashes a dragon, than who owns it.

Then again, I would enjoy her Bisharp having the same problems as it did in Pawniard form, getting its blades stuck in things. And then she'll whine about it some more and I'll just laugh.

Anyway, yeah, Georgia will be beating Druddigon. I hate to say it, because Georgia is doing a better job filling Paul's role than Trip and I want her to lose, but she needs to beat dragons, and then her and Iris will have further friction, which is important.

Speaking of this, I'm starting to wonder if Langley is ever going to have her mind changed about her view of Dragons. It's almost like a subtle prejuidice version of what Paul felt for Pokemon he thought were weak. I quite hope that when BW ends, Langley and Burgundy at least get some decent closure. Paul had nice closure, because he didn't turn into this happy-go-lucky trainer when he suffered a defeat from Ash, nor did he admit he was wrong, but you could see that he knew he was, and that final wave was a gesture of peace and understanding in their rivalry. That is a perfect way to end a rivalry in my opinion.

I'm hoping all these mini-tourneys lead to an all out Battle Zone in the League, but we'll see I guess.

The actual title of the episode is: どんどん続くよドンナマイト!クリムガンVSキリキザン!!

"Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!"

Terebikun scan, titles (nothing more...)
Terebiikun.png

Last edited:

Speaking of this, I'm starting to wonder if Langley is ever going to have her mind changed about her view of Dragons.

From what I understand, she's not prejuidiced against dragons, just has a personal rivalry with them. At Don tournament, she criticized Iris for her lack of dragon-master skills and seems to enjoy Kibago's "growing" as a pokemon.

Is anyone else just liking how adorable the titles of these new episodes are?

Steadily-Progressing Donamite! Fierce Donamite!

Or is it just the fact that it's called Donamite? Bwahahahaha....

For the moves the Pokemon are using in the scans.

Trip's Conkeldurr has Rock Tomb.

Now this is a Rock Tomb that looks like the ones in previous saga's, I'm happy.

Throh is confirmed to have Bulk Up and Seismic Toss.

Druddigon has Dragon Claw, Simipour has Low Sweep, Simisage has Giga Impact, Bisharp has Metal Sound, Conkeldurr has Bulk Up, Sawk has Karate Chop and Gothorita has Double Slap. Seismitoad's ability is Swift Swim.

Even though Druddigon will be losing, I like the Pokemon a lot, so i hope it doesn't get knocked out so easily.

Last edited:

Speaking of this, I'm starting to wonder if Langley is ever going to have her mind changed about her view of Dragons.

From what I understand, she's not prejuidiced against dragons, just has a personal rivalry with them. At Don tournament, she criticized Iris for her lack of dragon-master skills and seems to enjoy Kibago's "growing" as a pokemon.

That's right she did didn't she? Well I wonder if her and Iris will have any OTHER sorts of interactions rather than their all out scream matches. Those are seriously getting old. Langley has so much more to her than that :)

Judging by the scan that was posted on the BW070 thread, it seems that this episode will start off with the battle between Iris's Excadrill and Burgundy's Dewott (the fourth match). The main image on that scan suggests that it will be the cliffhanger image at the end of BW070.

This tournament's pacing is slightly slower than that of the Club Battle, so we should expect longer battles to take place in the first round of this tournament.

This tournament's pacing is slightly slower than that of the Club Battle, so we should expect longer battles to take place in the first round of this tournament.

It's actually exactly the same as the Don Battle tournament. In the DB, the first two episodes were used for the first round, which seems to be the case here. The third episode was used for the quarterfinals, and the last for the semis/finals.

It's actually exactly the same as the Don Battle tournament. In the DB, the first two episodes were used for the first round, which seems to be the case here. The third episode was used for the quarterfinals, and the last for the semis/finals.

Yet the second episode of this tournament will start at the fourth match of the first round, while the second episode of the Club Battle tournament had started at the fifth match of the first round. That's why I said "slightly slower," knowing full well that the first round of this tournament will most likely conclude before the end of this episode.

So, Iris will win against Burgundy, because she'll battle Masamomi at one point.

Zuruggu advances as well :) (Looking forward to seeing his ability, "Overconfidence" come into play)

Masaomi seems to be having Nageki face Doryuuzu head to head and overpowering it stopping it's attack completely.

Kirikizan looks fierce also;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom