• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW071: Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man, Bel's slow-motion voice. Girl, don't you ever change.

And y'know, just once I'd like to see one of those 'pokemon thrown into a wall' moments backfire and actually hit someone. Missed by a green hair.

Wow, really great animation! And Bel's slow-mo voice was hilarious! XD

My thoughts on the previews -

The part where Bianca is headbutted is hilarious!
Mienshao looks great in the preview, much better than in the games.
Bianca going nuts is hilarious as well.
Bisharp actually looks so much better battling then she did in the earlier previews.
Dewott really struggles against Excadrill's Metal Claw
Odd how it looks like Dewott is going down by the momentum of the impact of Razor Shell and Focus Blast.

Dewott really struggles against Excadrill's Metal Claw
Odd how it looks like Dewott is going down by the momentum of the impact of Razor Shell and Focus Blast.

Actually it doesn't look like Metal Claw made any affect towards Dewott.

Not really, Excadrill was in the air going down, whilst Dewott jumped up towards the air, so Excadrill had the advantage, especially since he used an attack that would explode on impact and sending Dewott falling to the ground.

That is where I think the battle will end, in my opinion.

See! Look at that animation? HOW CAN AN ANIMATOR FLIP FROM TOTAL GARBAGE LIKE BW065 TO THIS???

Preview looks good. Cabernet and Bel are the two people I'm looking forward to see in action both on and off the battlefield. They were lulzy last week and Bel just looks even more hilarious this week. More Dent/Cabernet scenes please. :) Enbuoh and Futachimaru look great, so yeah, can't wait.

Because every episode has different animators.

Both BW065 and BW071 were animated by the same person.

Gotta say, I'm surprised the writers gave Masaomi a Throh instead of Mienshao. Not to say Throh isn't awesome, because it is, but I always thought Mienshao was a bit more popular fanwise.

I'm not complaining mind you. I actually like it when writers don't pander to exactly what we want, or exactly what they think we want.

More Dent/Cabernet scenes please. :)
This. <3 I can't wait for Cabernet's tasting time. If she's being knocked out in the first round again, the least the writers could do is give her a successful tasting against Doryuzuu and Iris.

I'mma jump in here...

Hellwarden said:
*grabs Atsushi Ogata and shakes him/her*

OGATA! Y U FLIP FLOP BETWEEN GREAT ANIMATOR[like now} AND TERRIBLE ANIMATOR{like Krok's capture ep.}! Y U NO BE CONSISTENT!

Hellion said:
Both BW065 and BW071 were animated by the same person.

Actually, what 투 애니원 said:

투 애니원 said:
Because every episode has different animators.

Basically, the key animators are the guys who really animate the scenes. They draw the key frames (basically the important frames of a sequence), which are then filled in with in-between frames by the in-betweeners. The animation director redraws/corrects the key frames to match their own style so that the episode is given a more unified look. Most episodes have 10-20 different key animators of varying skill, so you can have an awesome animation director and lackluster key animators... or possibly the opposite. Chances are that this episode will have some different (and judging by the preview, better) key animators and in-betweeners.

Note: Even though the key frames may be corrected by the animation director, the key animator's unique style can still shine through through the way they make the characters move and... well, the way they draw characters and objects. A good example would be BW70. Masaaki Iwane is listed for as a key animator in the credits. I'm almost 100% sure he did the Sawk vs Seismitoad battle and Stephan's conversation with Ash and company after the match (just look at the way Bel moves! XD)

Also know.... Animation directors can do key animation in their own episodes as well. Which leads me to...

Fun Facts: Masaaki Iwane plays an extremely large part in his episodes. He has never had more than 3 key animators in any of his episodes as a single animation director, and is always one of them... He often does some of his episodes as the only key animator. Shoot, he even did his first episode, "Volcanic Panic!", as the only key animator. He's pretty amazing.

Hope this clears some stuff up! If I've gotten anything wrong, let me know.

Also.... I really want a new Animation Directors thread. ._.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom