• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW071: Steadily Progressing Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Last edited:
Re: BW071 Druddigon VS Bisharp

If these following titles have "Donamite" in its name, I have a feeling it's going to be another tournament. Might be one-on-one, but because it's mostly fully-evolved Pokemon, it's probably going to be great. Not sure if everyone would be happy knowing this, after the Club Battle fiasco, but there's probably only one way to go, and that is for be better (don't ever quote me on that).

Thanks for reading.

Langley. Langley everywhere.

:DDDDDDDD!!!!

I hope this Crimgan has a nice movepool, like Emmy's. Dragon Busting won't be fun if it isn't against a competent opponent.

Edit: Scratch that. Make Emmy a recurring character and let Emmy, Langley and Iris be the new Tao Trio(figuratively speaking, not literally).

Last edited:

Druddigon?

I hope Emmy has returned and is now a better trainer.

It would be nice to see Emmy vs Langley! Cause Langley is such a strong DRAGON crusher! Will be an interesting match up! Bisharp is the best designed Pokemon of the season, for me!

But wasn't this the episode "featuring" Conkeldurr!????

But wasn't this the episode "featuring" Conkeldurr!????

There will probably be 2 battles in this and Conkeldurr will probably be in the second battle

Here's hoping it's Langley appearing. Wonder who's got the Crimgan? Shooti? Kenyan?

Re: BW071: Donamite! Crimgan VS Kirikizan!!

Yes!! It is a Langley episode :D And Emmy possibly returning is great as well ^^ It did manage to learn Meteoric Dragon Swarm in Kibago D-Rage mastering episode so I look forward to it. Crimgan is at a advantage since it can use Flamethrower and Focus Blast for it. I really liked Emmy's Crimgan's personality so here's hoping it's a fierce battle, I could see the battle going either way with either winning. But, regardless this looks really interesting. Iris interactions between Emmy and Langley will be hilarious. That is if the Crimgan is Emmy, I just wanna see how much they've grown. Langley trying to bust one of Iris's friends Dragons, and them battling can only spell development for Iris/Langley rivalry making it more interesting. :D

I am hoping for all of the recurring trainers to appear. Hopefully now that the characters have been acquainted with one another that this tournament will focus more on the actual match-ups instead. I still expect this tournament to be 1-on-1 elimination matches, though.

I just say it! Think Bisharp isn't Langley's it's Cheren's or N's! for sure! Just got a feeling! XD

I am quite interested to see Georgia going to battle as well. Seems like the best guess so far. If Emmy is going to be here as well (which is probably going to be true), then it's interesting to see what kind of stories we will hear from her (maybe have some interactions with Iris, if able). Actually, if she did appear, I would be amazed that she isn't completely forgotten.

Thanks for reading.

Yes. Unlike with the Don battle thing, we might be getting better focus more on characters who didn't really get any development last time.

I just say it! Think Bisharp isn't Langley's it's Cheren's or N's! for sure! Just got a feeling! XD

I think it would be a pretty odd time for either of them to debut here. In the games neither N nor Cheren owns a Bisharp, but Grimsley and Ghetsis do. I can't see either of them debuting here, either.

I am hoping this Crimgan is Emmy's!

So it is another tournament, a bigger one right after a small one. That's a bit odd, but alright.

I'm hoping Emmy appears, just to see how much she's grown as a trainer. Langley is mostly a given.

I'm hoping Emmy appears, just to see how much she's grown as a trainer.

I'm sure we would all prefer to have a COTD who had appeared in a previous episode in this tournament than for the writers to suddenly create new COTDs out of the woodwork. It's not that much of a stretch to say that Emmy could appear, but I believe that it is better to set one's expectations so low that one cannot get disappointed in the end. This Druddigon could very well belong to a different trainer, considering that there are other types of pokemon species that have been shared by different trainers in this region.

Whomever has the Druddigon is going DOWN, And I hope it's Emmy, Koharu, or at least an entertaining COTD or rival(NOT BIANCA OR BURGUNDY!)

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm sure we would all prefer to have a COTD who had appeared in a previous episode in this tournament than for the writers to suddenly create new COTDs out of the woodwork.

To me, the two scenarii are interchangeable. Emmy was pretty much the stereotypical generic bland female CotD we've seen a thousand time, so having her in the tournament would be pretty much the exact same thing as having a generic CotD. I personally would rather see the established rivals make a comeback here, especially those who didn't do so well last time around, and have one of them show up with Crimgan. It would be a good fit with Kenyan or Shooti.

Whomever has the Druddigon is going DOWN [...] (NOT BIANCA OR BURGUNDY!)

I agree, whoever has Crimgan is looking at an early exit, so I'd much rather not see amazing characters like Bel and Cabernet end up with it, you're totally right AC. :p

(o)\==/(o)
#####

Still, good comeback

Anyway, I still think they need to mix the rivals up, and this tourney is the perfect time to do it.​

Sounds like we surely will have another tournament up ahead. Here's hoping that it's handled MUCH better than the last one - that means no undeserved wins for... a certain character or otherwise. And here's hoping for Georgia to make a comeback as well.

Last edited:

I personally would rather see the established rivals make a comeback here, especially those who didn't do so well last time around, and have one of them show up with Crimgan. It would be a good fit with Kenyan or Shooti.
It would really weaken Iris and her already fairly poorly developed rivalry with Georgia if one of Ash's main rivals also had a major dragon type, it would only really leave her with the kinda weak reason of being from the village of dragons as a way of making their rivalry be anything more than generic. Using Emmy would seem like a reasonable way to not impact too much the other rivalries - the title of BW072 makes it clear the Druddegon loses, so giving it to Trip or Stephan would take away from the fact Ash needs to be beating his rivals himself.

The first Don Battle was good in that it mixed the rivalries up, but they haven't shown them enough in the traditional match ups since to make up for that to then do that sort of thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom