• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW072: The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't wait for this to be over soon so I can see who wins this thing. I got sick of hearing and posting about pigs for the last couple of weeks. Unless it's about Ash's spam, then I don't want to see Bianca's for a while after this.

Also who defeats Cilan in this tournament Masaomi or Stephan?
It's Stephan who defeats Cilan. Stephan will be up against Cilan while Masaomi will be battling Iris in the second round. I am so looking forward to Cilan vs Stephan, hope there will be a tasting (but with not too much talking) and a great battle and everything.

To sum it up -

- Bianca waves, most likely after winner to acknowledge the crowd
- Conkeldurr uses strength while Emboar uses the rocks he possibly grabbed from Conkeldurr using Stone edge and moves towards Conkeldurr.
- Emboar uses Flamethrower
- Trip is stunned with sweat, Bianca is excited
- Georgia commands Bisharp to block Flamethrower
- Sawk uses I think Close Combat on Pansage
- Masaomi acts smug throwing his hair back
- Throh uses Superpower
- Georgia commands Guillotine to Bisharp, Bisharp shines
- Don George gets pumped up
- Simipour's trainer commands Simipour to Brick Break Scraggy, it hits only his rubber and not do much damage at all
- Bisharp prepares Metal Claw
- Emboar's Eye shines
- Bisharp and Emboar's attacks collide, on cliffhanger.
- Simipour's trainer commands Simipour to use Acrobatics on Scraggy
- Ash commands Scraggy to use Headbutt
- Scraggy's headbutt and Simipour's Brick break collide

Last edited:
[video=youtube;EVQ49cG_YBk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVQ49cG_YBk&feature=g-all-u&context=G21e3fc6FAAAAAAAADAA[/video]
Langley narration is a treat once again XD

Kirikizan takes that flamethrower like a champ and is protected via it's gauntlet arms. That's kinda cool.

Dageki pulls a Dragon Ball Kai like movement scene and Yanappu is righfully getting it's shit wrecked. Probably due to Kenyan training it and working with it. Damn that uppercut looks painful.

Zuruggu VS. Baokkie looks rushed.

What's with Bakkey? She looks insane, just look at her eyes.

Poor Yanapp getting uppercut right in the face, damn Dageki got some mad fighting skills. I'm sure Yanapp will put up a good fight against Dageki though, he is a Pokémon belonging to a Gym leader after all. It will be Dageki's harsh training that would help him and Kenyan gain the upper hand against Dent and Yanapp, because working and training that hard will guarantee you could even win against a Gym Leader. Also good on Kenyan for getting that far.

You know I would like to see on screen training with Dent, he's most likely done some off screen with Satoshi to help strengthen his Pokémon for Gym battles, but to see it in full (no interruptions like the Monozu ep) would be nice. But yeah anyway, as I noted in my previous post, I'm really looking forward to Kenyan vs Dent, hoping it'll last a while. A battle between a GL and a trainer who's Pokémon went through harsh training doesn't deserve to be short.

Oh am I also looking forward to seeing Bel and Emboar vs Langely and Kirikizan. It's great Bel is actually coming far in this tournament instead of just being used as a running gag like with the Don Battle tournament. She's getting funny moments in the Donamite arc, but it won't feel like it's been over done as Bel will be making it as far as the semi-finals to balance it out. Her character sure has come a long way from just being a ditzy girl who runs like crazy, it's great we are finally seeing her getting plenty of wins in Pokémon battles.

Last edited:
Simipour is voiced by Megumi Hayashibara. omg <3 (Wait, anyone notable played Simisage?)

I'm so glad Belle is growing into a great trainer, since she started off what seemingly looked like a ditzy joke rival. (Cabby is more the latter minus the ditz, poor thing!) This episode is gonna be so awesome.

Can't wait for Iris and Excadrill to get their ass kicked by Thor and Masomi! Excadrill is a decent Poke, but I don't like how he and Iris get a pass through the anime!

Bianca kicks 2 asses next week! What is there not to love!? :DDD

We already have a preview but whatever:
BW072-1.png

Btw, what is up with a billion close up shots? They all look like giants....

Last edited:
Semipour's trainer looking psychotic is probably a joke on how relaxed and peaceful her pokemon always looks.

Poor Pansage look like he's getting his shit wrecked.....and Throh is clearly using some form of performance enhancing drugs.....

pbmzc.png

Looking closely at it 、I translated the lines, and they say this:

"[Donamight] The final battle of Round 1 is, Bel's Enbuoh and Shooti's Roubushin's fight.
Against Roubushin, who has powered up by evolving, Enbuoh struggles, is corned, and in a big pinch. At that moment, Bel gives an unusual command...."

Basically Bel's is struggling/maybe even losing, but she pulls an unusual move or tactics out of her pocket, so to speak, and we obviously know she wins, as we know she faces Langley in Round 2.

Going by the end of today's ep and what we see in the preview, I'm gonna put two and two together and guess that she's going to have Emboar break the Rock Tomb it's trapped in and have him use the leftover fragments to chuck at the Eldurr of Conk.

Given her past history, I say she's going to order Emboar to throw Ash into a body of water so she could watch him strip. That's been her strategy for a while, and she does get results.

There are some similarities between this and the Don Battle arc:

Bel bringing in a running gag.
Shooty losing in the first round.
None of the main characters battling their rivals.
A main character battling the rival of another main character.
Cabernet losing in the first round to a person travelling with Dent.
The main group arriving at a Don tournament with an extra person.

But the Donamite is winning in points due to how it's being handled.

I'm not looking forward to this episode. I really like this tournament and all, but considering how it took the first round to end by this arc's penultimate episode, expect the rest of the arc to be extremely rushed. :-/

Smash Preview
- The next pairings are shows on the screen.
- Sawk Karate Chops Pansage into the ground.
- Simipour Punches Scraggy and Scraggy uses Headbutt.
- Bisharp uses Metal Sound.
- Emboar's left eye sparkles.
- Emboar uses Flamethrower.
- Bisharp protects itself for it.
- Bisharp uses Guillotine
- Emboar uses Hammer Arm.
- The moves clash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7vH...DvjVQa1PpcFNXDdDAW4yQDPDtpqNoHMXKw-P8KGhay_Q=

Last edited:
Poor Pansage. The Bianca/Langley battle looks really good. I love how confident Bianca appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom