• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW072: The Fiercely Fought Donamite! Kirikizan VS Enbuoh!!

I liked this episode. I was laughing very hard with everybody's reactions to Zuruggu's Focus Blast once again missing its target. Hiyakki looked great in battle although he went down to Zuruggu's High Jump Kick. It was great to see High Jump Kick knocking Hiyakki to the ground (making it different), than another headbutt knockout. Embuoh grabbed Robushin's Stone edge attack and then throw the rocks back at him, very clever manuever Also a great tactic, was Emboar grabbing Robushin's concrete blocks and then throwing them at Robushin to knock him out. Bianca made a very smart move by having him do that. Trip looked absolutely devestated about the loss. Even after Ash complimented his Robushin, he looked sad while he was leaving the Pokemon Center. Nageki took down Doryuzu very easily, grabbing him in his Drill Run attack position, knocking him out with Seismic Toss. It was nice to see Nageki bow in respect after defeating Doryuzu. Yanappu really struggled against Dageki. Dageki Close Combatted him very easily without Yanappu being able to dodge. Even though Yanappu used bite on Dageki's Karate Chop, he still was able to smash him to the ground and then finish him off. Stephan was very funny when he cut off Dent's tasting time lines to have Dageki KO Yanappu. Kirikizan was able to block Embuoh's Flamethrower the 1st time and collide Guillotine with Embuoh's Hammer Arm. Georgia made a critical error having Kirikizan trying to come in way too close when Embuoh could just knock her out with a flamethrower.

After seeing the Georgia fight, I'm not quite as disappointed as I was hearing about it. Bisharp did deflect a flamethrower with only slight damage, got a move in, equalled in a clash, and only lost due to point blank Flamethrower. And let's not forget, Emboar is Bianca's bread and Butter mon, while Bisharp, while awesome, so far is Beartic's second fiddle.

All in all, considering the length of the fight, very nice. Bisharp didn't get horribly owned, it did pretty well considering the timeframe. But I'm not gonna say it wasn't rushed. I really hoped Georgia would at least get ONE fight that lasted for a while in this tournament... But to be fair, I guess I can settle with being happy she did better than Iris did. Deservingly, too.

Iris: "Let's keep charging straight on with no strategy whatsoever, despite the opponent having a type advantage and having been shown to excel in close combat!"
Masaomi: "Bitch Please. That might work against Burgundy, but not me."

Iris: "Let's keep charging straight on with no strategy whatsoever, despite the opponent having a type advantage and having been shown to excel in close combat!"
Masaomi: "Bitch Please. That might work against Burgundy, but not me."

Well...he did say that both Burgundy, and Iris herself weren't worthy opponents in the prior episode (even if the former was actually using some semblance of strategy). :p

I guess Stephan's Sawk will be the only "worthy" opponent Masaomi faces this tournament. Scraggy's leer---> attack stragety doesn't seem to be doing anything lol.

Lol @ Kenyan interrupting Dent's "It's tasting time!" momement. That's the equivalant of interrupting TR's mottos.

I liked the way Bianca won even though I thought Conkeldurr went down too fast, but I don't care since I couldn't care less about Trip at this point. The sooner he's gone, the better, I say.

I was eagerly anticipating Iris' battle because I knew she was going to finally going to lose after that string of undeserved victories at the last tounament... but I didn't expect the battle to be so short.

About that, I know I'm just repeating what everyone else has said, but I think this proves that the writers should just stick to two or three battles in an episode since they were all just too short this time around. I didn't stop to consider the fact that Bianca had two battles in this episode, even though the first was just concluding what had started in the last episode. So I guess I can just blame Trip's quick defeat on cramming too many battles in one episode. Even though this tournament is a vast improvement over the last one, it seems battles may need more work this time around.

I chuckled a bit where Georgia, and Burgundy were seemingly poking fun at Trip.

Even they know he fails.
Is that what they were talking about at a table in the Pokemon Center? Lol.

Last edited:
Is that what they were talking about at a table in the Pokemon Center? Lol.

Yes, I assume they were..given they were looking his direction when he left. It's probably something along the lines of "He never changes" or something.

Also, Cabernet just wants everyone to lose.

Iris really should have used Emolga in this tournament Throh doesn't have anyway to counter any of her moves due to them all being special moves.

In regards to Kenyan's name being said wrong I found it's been much funnier lately. With him being called "Tom-Yum-Goong" and "Oniiyan", the audience chanting his name incorrectly and Kenyan being a lot more frustrated by it (like when he yelled to the sky).

I loved how Dent was gracious in his defeat, not even giving a damn about his tasting getting interrupted and getting his Yanapp knocked into him (to Cabernet's annoyance). Something like this won't bring Dent down. I love that guy's positive attitude and how much it annoys Cabernet, it's what makes their chemistry brilliant.

I can't stop watching the scene of Bel shoving Dent out the way and Dent getting his Yanapp knocked into him. I felt sorry for Dent the second one, because it must have really hurt from the look of pain on his face, but I like it because I like seeing balance for my favourite characters, basically them experiencing both joy and pain.

Dageki's harsh training has really paid off for him, his moves are so swift and powerful that the Low Sweep he delivered to Yanapp sent him hurtling towards Dent at such a high speed that Dent being knocked down to the ground looked painful. From the two training so hard together I'm gathering Dageki would be Kenyan's vintage seeing as they have a great marriage (as Dent would put it). Now I wonder when we're going to see Kenyan's Zebraika again.

Last edited:
A lot of what I've thought is already stated here, however I must say I thought Cabernet imitating (from her arms' motions) Dageki's close combat was outrageously cute. You mad, obsessive little girl, you.

Iris really should have used Emolga in this tournament Throh doesn't have anyway to counter any of her moves due to them all being special moves.

In case you didn't notice, they aren't using flying types in this tournament.

It is a historically Fighting-type tournament.

Dewott isn't a fighting type... Gothorita isn't a fighting type and neither is Druddigon Gothorita didn't even show any fighting type moves. If Iris was smart she should have used Emolga she probably could have defeated Throh.

@Trainer Gabriel, Earthquake is banned in the anime after that AG era one in real life.

So are Fissure, Earth Power, and Bulldoze(I assume, based on its in-game animation/Japanese name, that it'll show up once or twice, then never be seen again, like Earth Power.)

All moves which crack/shake the ground as part of their intended effect(Superpower is an exception) are banned.

Dewott isn't a fighting type... Gothorita isn't a fighting type and neither is Druddigon Gothorita didn't even show any fighting type moves. If Iris was smart she should have used Emolga she probably could have defeated Throh.

The aren't Fighting types, but they are physical atackers, and they aren't Chibi.

The aren't Fighting types, but they are physical atackers, and they aren't Chibi.

Gothorita is certainly not a physical attacker - this tournament is, though, indeed mostly meant for fight-types, as well as physical attacker as; Bisharp, Druddigon, Dewott, Pansage, Excadrill etc. So I'd say that's the reason to why Iris didn't use Emolga, as it has no physical attacks.

Since pretty much everything that I thought about this episode has already been stated I'm not going to bother writing one this time. However, high-lights of the episode;
- Dento Vs Kenyan
- Burgundy & Georgia interactions
- Akkie

I'd love to see more of Akkie (that was the name of the Simipour-trainer, right?), she was awesome, and I also loved Simipour.

I don't blame anyone for getting their names mixed up. Bakkie, Simipour's trainer, is a beast. All three siblings have interesting designs (and personalities, regarding Akkie and Bakkie; Chakkie, with Simisear, never had any strong focus at all), and I wish they would pop up again, but it looks like after sis lost, they quickly hit the road (to obscurity).

Bianca ordering her Emboar to steal Conkeldurr's pillars was definitely something that I think Ash would have tried, and I'm really happy that we FINALLLLLLLYYY get to see Bianca, get not one, but two wins.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom