• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW073: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
From Newtype

4/5「決戦ドンナマイト!ナゲキVSダゲキ!!」
米村正二 川田武範 浅田裕二 岩根雅明

5th April - BW075: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

The semi-finals are Bianca's Emboar vs Stephan's Sawk and Ash's Scraggy vs Masaomi's Throh.

IWANE SAMA :D

Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard: Takenori Kawada
Assistant director: Yūji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Here's a translation of the summary adyniz tried to post:

"The Semi-Final line-up is Bel's Emboar vs. Kenyan's Dageki and Satoshi's Zurug vs. Masaomi's Nageki. In the match between Satoshi and Masaomi, Satoshi's Zurug is blown away by Nageki's spirit right from the start! Zurug hasn't gotten the hang of using Focus Blast yet, so it has to rely on fighting up close."

CHILLZ!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thanks to Karubii:
533853838.jpg

Edit:
BW073.png

Summary trans. by Me:

"Bel and Ash's wins take them to the semifinals. Their opponents Dageki and Nageki also have considerable power/ability."

Sushi on Serebii said:
It doesn't say much. In its semifinal match against Emboar, Sawk uses a Bulk Up + Karate Chop combo. Throh, like we all expected, overwhelms Scraggy with its power, but it tries to retaliate with its not-yet-mastered Focus Blast.

[video=youtube;irktf9Pi8x8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irktf9Pi8x8&context=C4ed8e0eADvjVQa1PpcFNXDdDAW4yQDPDtpqNoHMXKw-P8KGhay_Q=[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: PREVIEW: - BW073: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

So I guess Satoshi loses and we'll get a match between Kenyan and Masaomi then. Huh.

Aww... Bel loses. But Satoshi won't get a major victory here with Zuruggu. Good.

But hey, not only this means we will get an epic red oni vs. blue oni, Kenyan will get to show more character, and Masaomi may indeed become his rival, giving him enough steam power to continue to be relevant post-league. So, I'm very fine with this.

All I can say is... HECK YEAH!! I wasn't thinking they'd make that the outcome. But yes, I am very pleased :) Not only do I get my Nageki/Dageki battle but Kenyan's in the finals? This is too sweet~

Summary: 準決勝対戦のカードは、ベルのエンブオー対ケニヤンのダゲキ。そしてサトシのスルッグ対マサオミの
ナゲキのバトルが幕を開ける。序盤からナゲキの気迫に圧倒されるズルッグ。まだコントロールが
完璧ではない「きあいだま」を繰り出し、得意の接近戦に持ち込もうとする。

Re: PREVIEW: BW073: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Semi's are Stephan/Bianca vs Masaomi/Ash huh? Eh, Bianca loses to Stephan again...meh.

I was really hoping Bianca would win this, but Throh vs Sawk must have been too tempting of a final match to pass up. I feel sorry for Scraggy though, having to go up against Throh. Poor little guy is gonna get wrecked. DON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT LITTLE GUY! Bianca beating Langley is awesome too. YOU GO GIRL!

I guess this kinda does mean that Stephan battles Cilan, probably in the second round. That should be an interesting battle to see. He won the Celestial Tower festival, and I guess he's winning here too. Good for you Stephan.

The bright side to this is, at least it will be more of a fun battle to watch than Pikachu vs Excadrill.

Last edited:

What an unexpected outcome...

"The Semi-Final line-up is Bel's Emboar vs. Kenyan's Dageki and Satoshi's Zurug vs. Masaomi's Nageki. In the match between Satoshi and Masaomi, Satoshi's Zurug is blown away by Nageki's spirit right from the start! Zurug hasn't gotten the hang of using Focus Blast yet, so it has to rely on fighting up close."

I'm happy with this outcome. Not ecstatic, but still this looks promising, though a lot of my interest in the final match will ride heavily on Masaomi's personality. I'm still indifferent for the most part to Kenyan so I really hope there's something in Masaomi's character that makes Kenyan more interesting and the matchup compelling, because part of the double-edged sword of making a tournament where we see the same Pokémon through four rounds is that... well... we see the same Pokémon through four rounds. By then, we'll have seen their moves, their fighting style, etc. so the battle will have to rely a lot on the personality of both participants to impress in my opinion.

I'm sad and glad that Bel isn't winning this. Sad because she really has grown as a trainer and as a person throughout the show and she has a really compelling storyline so I was really rooting for her, but glad cause she's still gonna be featured in what promises to be a trio of hot battles and she's getting two wins against good trainers. I hope we continue to see Bel develop as a character in between now and the League, and that then she'll beat Kenyan there and go on to win the whole tournament. :p

Also glad not only that we're going to see Zuruggu not get too far in the tournament, but also that he seems to have trouble with his Focus Blast, which is something that he and Satoshi can work on together and I can't wait to see where the writers will take that storyline. If it means more Zuruggu, I'm all for it. Hopefully the battle isn't too short. So yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

IWANE SAMA :D

Screenplay: Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard: Takenori Kawada
Assistant director: Yūji Asada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Iwane animating a battle between Throh and Sawk; can it get any better? I'm certain this will be a hell of a good and intense fight.

CHILLZ!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 0f7660fbfbedab647792d378f736afc378311e1b.jpg
    0f7660fbfbedab647792d378f736afc378311e1b.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,404
  • a78d1aadcbef7609bfda07272edda3cc7dd99e2b.jpg
    a78d1aadcbef7609bfda07272edda3cc7dd99e2b.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 2,240

I REALLY hope Kenyan wins. To me, Masaomi comes off as an arrogant jerk.

I honestly thought they'd let Bel get to the finals, so I'm disappointed in that regard. Still, 2 wins against 2 competent trainers is more than satisfactory, so it's all good. I do think it's a bit lame she loses to the same person again (seriously, what's with the repetition here? Cabernet and Shooty out in their first battles, Langley presumably in the 2nd, Kenyan defeating Bel?) but he's one tough cookie, so I'm down with that.

I couldn't be more indifferent to Kenyan (for the moment, at least), but I'd like to see him win this. The tournament is looking like a great opportunity to flesh him out beyond that crappy name gag given all the attention he seems to be receiving, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that'll go down.

Aww... Bel loses. But Satoshi won't get a major victory here with Zuruggu. Good.

But hey, not only this means we will get an epic red oni vs. blue oni, Kenyan will get to show more character, and Masaomi may indeed become his rival, giving him enough steam power to continue to be relevant post-league. So, I'm very fine with this.
But I don't Want Steven to be Masaomi rival , I want Ash to be Masaomi's rival.
I only sorrow is that, It gonna be Steven who gonna have a Decisive Battle Against Masaomi.
I mean, As long as Ash have the most Decisive Battle against Masaomi and get acknowledge by him as a wealthy rival I don't care which round he lose's.
Who know why, Because Masaomi beat the Alternative, Trip !
About Steven , I don't care if he goes to hell.
I'm rooting for Masaomi Even if he's a arrogant jerk.
Plus, Steven already won the "Festival of the Wishing Bell. So why care ?
Why in other hand , Masaomi need to create a Formidable image as a rival ! Losing to Steven gonna cost him That.
Trip lose 2 tournament in 1st round in a row. So if Writer still want's him to be the main rival then another full Battle between Trip and Ash is coming with Ash hopeless Defect into it.
And Trust me, ME DON'T WANT THAT, I DON'T THINK ANYONE WANT THAT.

So, Masaomi, Send Steven flying !

I don't see what the big deal is if Kenyan wins. Instead of churning out more rivals for Ash (an already over saturated field considering there's with 3 of them) by adding Masaomi to the mix, it'd at least give Kenyan more credit as a rival. And considering how often he's been around, I reckon he's a character who's deserving of that.

Plus, at least Kenyan is a good-spirited guy and knows how to have fun being competitive. Beats another snooty, holier-than-thou trainer.

I hope Stephan wins, i like him.

Anybody who knows why they are only allowed to use on pokemon in the

Anyone who knows where i can watch the episode that just aired? :)

Well, I gotta give Stephan props, I never expected him to do this well. I hope he wins, but whatever the outcome, it's going to be a much better final than last time; I've never been more sure about anything in my life.

Why does Ash's Scraggy have to learn Focus Blast? Doesn't Iris' Excadrill already know the attack? Sure, it will give Scraggy a far range advantage, but there's been too much move repetition this series already. Scraggy needs a Dark-Type move, like Crunch.

So we've had Iris win a tournament and now Stephen.

I am surprised they didn't have Bel win this either.

Did I see Focus Blast? EPIC!!!!

A bit to cliche for me to be honest. Pretty happy for Bianca and Stephan, I'm loving the fact that Cilan and Iris don't make it to the semis. Still dissapointed at Trip going out early, do we know who he battled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom