• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW073: Decisive Battle Donamite! Throh vs Sawk!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
beatches.jpg

21bix7a.jpg

FABULOUS! This made my day.

beatches.jpg

21bix7a.jpg

FABULOUS! This made my day.
Great, Ash again getting his butt kick by a arrogant prideful ''play boy'' type guy !
Why Writer love them so much more then Ash ?
Worst part , Since Masaomi isn't a league trainer , THERE IS NO REMATCH !
I hate this part about Pokemon but writer just wouldn't let Ash beat anyone unless he have too !
Drew here is a PROF !
Another reason why I believe Writer really hate Ash !
Anyway , I hope Steven fan's will be satisfy .
At least ,For god sake They will stop keep saying ''Why the spot light always on Ash ? Give other character chance , Give Steven more spotlight !
With 2 achievement in Row , Steven got enough spotlight for 5 episode !
I hope , The 3rd Don Hosted Tournament will be Ash's !
Honestly , I want all the Cast & Referring character beside Ash , Trip & Bianca get their butt kick in the first round !
Ash also need to WIN SOMETHING , There no need to waste all other Don Hosted tournament to give other character spotlight !
Pokemon give other character more spotlight then any other anime does ! May , Drew ,Dawn and Zoey are prof of that Because they all share the spotlight with Ash !

I'm tired of ash. It seems that he is taking a cupful of stupid pills every episode. Get it together man.

Scraggy being better than Excadrill bases on the fact that Iris went into the battle over confident! and tried with some stupid moves to over power Thor! Masomi had a good tactic for dig and direct his! With Scraggy being so small, gives him some advantange! So he can score some hits! but Thor just needs 1 or 2 clean hits to take him down!

I hate this part about Pokemon but writer just wouldn't let Ash beat anyone unless he have too !
Maybe I'm suffering from a memory lapse, but didn't he just, y'know, defeat a couple of other trainers to get himself into the semi-finals? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that'd constitute as beating someone he wasn't required to. With what is arguably his weakest pokemon at this point, no less.
It's not coming in first, but he's still been winning and getting Scraggy into real battles, and showing growth in the process. Not like it really matters if he doesn't win the whole thing when the tornament has done it's job and shown his pokemon are getting better.

Maybe I'm suffering from a memory lapse, but didn't he just, y'know, defeat a couple of other trainers to get himself into the semi-finals? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that'd constitute as beating someone he wasn't required to. With what is arguably his weakest pokemon at this point, no less.
It's not coming in first, but he's still been winning and getting Scraggy into real battles, and showing growth in the process. Not like it really matters if he doesn't win the whole thing when the tornament has done it's job and shown his pokemon are getting better.
Because it just like I said !
Ash had to beat someone in Donamite so they did it !
I mean , What did he beat actually ? a Couple of monkey !
But if there is a person who's strong and beaten Ash once before then Ash wouldn't beat him unless Ash have to just like Paul's case .(Because he was Ash's rival)
Like Zoey , Drew and Kenny's place, They're strong and beaten Ash once before but writer wouldn't let Ash to have a rematch cause Writer doesn't have to let Ash beat him even if he's past defect against them cause him to look like a loser compare to them .
That why I say it !
If Masaomi isn't a league trainer then Ash wouldn't gonna have a rematch against him even if he reappear !
It's like Drew's case , He reappear after he beaten Ash but Writer never give Ash a rematch against him to settle the score just cause Drew is a Coordinator and May's rival so Writer didn't feel any need to have Ash beat Drew even if Ash look like a total loser compare to him ever since that defect !
And there Kenny , He and Ash had 2 unfinished Battle and when they had a complete battle , ASH LOSE'S !
And it just because Kenny is a coordinator !
WRITER THINK IT'S OKAY FOR ANYONE TO BE BETTER THEN ASH AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T HIS RIVAL , GYM LEADER AND LEAGUE TRAINER ! THIS IS WHAT KILLING THE ANIME !
And Now ,Ash will be consider as a weak trainer by Masaomi and Ash will never able to change his view ! Ash will be remain as one of the weak trainer Masaomi defected in Donamite in Masaomi's memory just cause some Throh and Sawk rivalry .

WRITER THINK IT'S OKAY FOR ANYONE TO BE BETTER THEN ASH AS LONG AS THEY AREN'T HIS RIVAL , GYM LEADER AND LEAGUE TRAINER ! THIS IS WHAT KILLING THE ANIME !
And Now ,Ash will be consider as a weak trainer by Masaomi and Ash will never able to change his view ! Ash will be remain as one of the weak trainer Masaomi defected in Donamite in Masaomi's memory just cause some Throh and Sawk rivalry .

Lol relax. Anyway, we might not ever see him again..so it doesn't matter.

It's not coming in first, but he's still been winning and getting Scraggy into real battles, and showing growth in the process. Not like it really matters if he doesn't win the whole thing when the tournament has done it's job and shown his pokemon are getting better.

Some could argue that Scraggy was unrealistically overpowered during those battles, especially for a pokemon that hardly had any battling experience to begin with. It's good that the writers are giving Scraggy some screentime here as compensation for the pokemon not being used in any gym battles yet, but the tournament still presented major flaws in its character development and lazy writing surrounding its winning streak overall.

At least the writers are holding back and preventing Ash from reaching the final round of this tournament like he had in past competitions. It will take equally overpowered pokemon (i.e. Masaomi's Throh) to tarnish Ash's winning streak with his Scraggy.

I think that was a cute montage from Best Wishes, as Rica sang the Best Wishes opening.

Oshawott and Tepig in afros, Patrat giving Emolga some apples, battles scenes from the Donamite, Pikachu zapping Oshawott when Oshawott did Shell training.

Pokemon Smash Preview
- Throh throws Sawk.
- Sawk uses a powerful Close Combat.
- Stephan gets pumped.
- Bianca tells Emboar to use Hammer Arm.
- Emboar uses Hammer Arm.
- Sawk uses two Karate Chops?
- Masaomi flips his hair.
- Throh grabs Scraggy after the bad Headbutt.
- Ash tells Scraggy to use Focus Blast.
- Scraggy tries two Focus Blasts.
- Throh uses Circle Throh on Scraggy.

Last edited:
i liked the 2 focus blast combo! hopefully thr rage helps him to focus them! the bianca vs stephan seems like a good one as well! can't wait!

Zuruggu... why you so awesome all the time. :3c That just looks so fucking badass, I love it. Can't wait for this battle.

Also, I'm still on Team Masaomi. XD He's so much cooler than Kenyan.

Zuruggu... why you so awesome all the time. :3c That just looks so fucking badass, I love it. Can't wait for this battle.

Double Focus Blast ranks up there with one of the closest displays of Ash's Pokemon this saga.

Also, I'm still on Team Masaomi. XD He's so much cooler than Kenyan.

No one's cooler than Stephan. That's impossible.

Stephan better win. :D

I agree with Scraggy though.

No one's cooler than Stephan. That's impossible.

Stephan better win. :D

funny-celebrity-pictures-oh-no-you-didnt.gif

Oh, it's on like Donkey Kong! :p

No, seriously, I liked Kenyan more in this tournament than in his previous appearances, because before, he was pretty much bland guy with the deader than disco name gag. But, yeah, we saw more interactions with other characters, his dynamics with Masaomi, etc. I'm still not all that interested in Kenyan, but he was more of a presence this time around.

Still not that into the final because it just looks like more of the same thing we've seen from both Pokémon already, but I hope they'll find a way to keep things fresh like they did for Zuruggu with the double Focus Blast.

Last edited:
Imagine how awesome dual Focus Blast will be if Scraggy evolves. FUCK

- Throh throws Sawk.
Say this five times fast.

Oooh man, this episode looks amazing with the petulant martial arts muppets go head-to-head.......fist-to-fist, whatever!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom