• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW073: The Decisive Donamite Battle! Nageki VS Dageki!!

Overall a cool ending to a good tournament.

-Kenyan, I'm glad he won, he totally deserved it. Dageki and him really went all the way on that one and went on to win the whole shebang. Kenyan defiantly is my favorite of all of Satoshi's current rivals, him eating like a Pokabu was hilarious eating food as if you're never going to see it again. I'm glad at the end of the day he got his wish he made at the Bell of Wishes Festival. That was a very great way of using Build Up to get Dageki out of that pinch, seeing Low Kick a Gen 5 move is a plus, Karate Chop works balance wise and as a martial arts move, and In Fight was a great finisher and awesome as always. Dat mush and mesh scene at the end was hilarious. That final In Fight was really badass.

-Masaomi, so he's a humble loser. Great, he really gave this tournament some nice spice and heat. I'm glad he was here and proved to be a very strong threat taking out the likes of Kojondon, Doryuuzu, and nearly beating Dageki. I doubt he'll appear again, but he was good. So where characters like Edmond and Akkie.

-Bel, she was good. Her battle was a bit on the boring side, but oh well. It's obvious she was gonna be used as death fodder given her mediocre battling skills, true she made it to the semis. But, she only beat Shooti because the writers decided to power him down for his inevitable defeat by her hands, I mean seriously? Fling and Stone Edge knocking out a Build Up'd Rouboushin? Really, writers? Her battle was bullcrap. She won against Langley because she attacked before she was ready and had a double advantage, so I don't mind that. But, seeing Kenyan rightfully wreck her shit was nice. I still don't really think Bel is that good of a battler to be honest, this debut of Embour was poorly handled. But, I did like seeing Fling. Thief + Fling would have made more sense. But, oh well at least she was cute ^^;;

-Zuruggu learning Kiai Bullet, I'm pretty sure the strongest Special Attack Fighting wise and already having what I'm pretty sure is the strongest Physical Fighting attack Jumping Knee Kick is a wowzer. Leer being perfected and actually working too. Yeah, I still wonder why the heck the writers had that thing learn Jumping Knee Kick with no training and KO'ing a Vulgina in one hit, and learning Kiai Bullet like that sheesh and people call Kibago's Imperial Wrath cheap, look in the mirror >_> Otherwise his battle against Masaomi was pretty boring. Despite the unbelievability in the Yanakkie and Hiyakkie battles, I thought the former was entertaining and the latter okay.

-Cabernet, yeah she was such a kid. Her constant bitching over Dento got to a point where it was annoying, it's especially annoying that I was expecting her to get development. I mean Cabernet just reminds me way too much of Harley and Urara at this point, neither got any development or changed or matured as characters and neither is Cabernet, she's just coming off as too much of a Harley/Urara carbon copy. It's weird because I was really expecting Langley to be the one who doesn't get any development and doesn't change, but that however is Cabernet it seems, not sure what else to say about the matter. Kodomo Ne.

-Langley, she provided an oasis of much needed development in this tournament and her scenes were awesome. Nuff' said. That ending with her truly wanting Iris to become a befitting D-Master was awesome, she knows that in order to be the best, she has to beat strong Dragon Pokemon. Nice ending, hopefully next time appears in no Tourney. Oh, and I'm glad she busted a Dragon. I always liked her a lot, even before she was cool XD

Last edited:
2. Trip and Cabernet losing early on again. This really annoys me because Trip hasn't had much team developement because of his lack of battle experience and both of them are supposed to be serious rivals. I would have rather seen Burgundy beat Iris in round 1 And maybe see Trip take out one of the Yakkie etcs in the first round.

Yeah I'm getting pretty pissed off about that too. I can undersatnd they want to be fair to everyone but I feel Trip and Burgundy needed to be given some more better treatement.

One of my favorite parts of this arc was Don George's bizarre nicknames he gave everyone at the beginning of each fight.

Like, Masaomi's first battle he was called "the wizard who loves to nag" or something, which cracked me up. :)

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom