• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW076: The Fierce Fighting at Spiral Mountain! Abagoura's Miracle!! (Part 2)

I wish I was a kid again. All these issues wouldn't have affected me one bit.

I wouldn't say that. We had eps similar to this in Johto and even as a kid I knew they weren't good.

I do like Jessie's visor though, I hope it makes a comeback. Hopefully Zager battles Ash too. At least all the fossil Pokemon eps are over now.

Not so good episode but what i really liked was that Koromori and Desumasu fought pretty well, and I hope they evolve soon.

In Spiral Mountain, a warp in time and space exists known as the "Gate of Time."

Seems the writers are ripping ideas from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge for the GBA now.

So yet another two-parter that could have passed as a one-parter but the writers thought more people would pay it attention if they made it a two-parter so they stretched it out into a two-parter. The plot was cliche and dull, the typical CotD was typically generic, the conflict is resolved as quick as it's introduced, and the dog peed on my trashcan again. Overall, a lackluster mini-arc.

Wouldn't it had been a lot more awesome if the plot consisted entirely of the group being sucked into the prehistoric era where they'd battle various fossil Pokemon? It'd be like Land of the Lost, then afterwards Ash could retire from Pokemon training and go on Comedy Central to impersonate George W Bush.

and a pretty standard 'Team Rocket tries to steal some shit' plot.

Yeah, seems despite people raving about Team Rocket becoming "badass" now, they aren't really doing much different then what they used to, the only difference being that they rarely show up, have a scientist who looks like a piece of cauliflower with a monocle ordering them around, and have no comical antics that made them so charming and fun in past regions.

In Spiral Mountain, a warp in time and space exists known as the "Gate of Time."
Seems the writers are ripping ideas from Banjo-Kazooie: Grunty's Revenge for the GBA now.
I laughed at that more than I probably should have.

Hopefully Zeger can go off to make sssstupid videogamessss in the near future.

I can't describe just how disappointing this two parter was... I really wish the TRio will just not appear anymore ever again if this is how their episodes are going to be... =\
Also, the whole issue of this guy remembering a place he visited as a kid and no one believed him and how he wants to prove it to a girl - totally reminded me of that Vibara ep from Season 8 that I recently watched... not that I complain or something, I don't have a problem with "reusing" an old ep's plot, but at least that old one had Meowth's boss fantasy and stuff... here? nothing...

I have no idea why the writers can't make these episodes interesting. I mean, its not like its their first time working on the series. Bland episode is bland.

I can't describe just how disappointing this two parter was... I really wish the TRio will just not appear anymore ever again if this is how their episodes are going to be... =\
Also, the whole issue of this guy remembering a place he visited as a kid and no one believed him and how he wants to prove it to a girl - totally reminded me of that Vibara ep from Season 8 that I recently watched... not that I complain or something, I don't have a problem with "reusing" an old ep's plot, but at least that old one had Meowth's boss fantasy and stuff... here? nothing...
I agree. I miss the Boss fantasies. I wonder what the Boss fantasy of this two-parter would be...?

"Tonight Boss dines on prehistoric turtle soup!"

I actually couldn't help but be reminded of Mystic Mountains from Chrono Trigger with the whole time gate to the prehistoric time thing. That's what this episode lacked; a half-naked woman clan chief.

I don't understand how the medal survived millions of years. That thing couldn't have been that sturdy, and even if it was, I have a hard time believing Protoga wore it for the rest of its life.

Writers, if you're going to do another time-travel-esque episode, please don't try to make it serious. You failed hard.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom