• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a gut feeling tepigs old trainer is gonna end up being cheren and thats gonna start a rivalry between ash and cheren :sweatlol:

and btw cheren also gots a tepig in the manga

DP282.jpg

The trainer shown in the flashback looks nothing like Cheren. They look more like Paul to me.

OMG, I don't care it's a rehash of a rehash, I like it... now let's just hope BW will do it right, make this character interesting and a recurring one... it has the potential to be better than Trip and all the other rivals... but... yeah... it's BW... better expect the worse... still nice anyway that they didn't ignore Tepig's backstory like it seemed they intended to do so far

asdfasdf

Tepig. Emboar. Finally focusing on Tepig's past. Do I even have to say how happy I am?

I hope they at least acknowledge the fact that Swanna Suwama's actions lead to Tepig almost starving to death.

I'm going to close this for the meanwhile. I cannot find a scan or source, and there is no longer a thread on Serebi for this title.

If anyone finds any evidence that it is real, don't hesitate to contact an Anime mod. We'll reopen this.

This episode's legitimacy has been confirmed on 2ch, so thread re-opened.

I still find this episode's plot a little odd. It just seems like a poor rehash of the Paul and Chimchar plot.

I want This guy to lose and hold a Grudge against Ash !
I want this guy to be Ash's ''Ursula-Like'' Evil rival.
A rival who keep showing up to have REVENGE on Ash ! Ha Ha Ha
At least, this way it won't feel like a Poor Rehash of Paul & Chimchar !

Last edited:
* Screenplay: 「武上純希」 Junki Takegami
* Storyboard: 「西田健一」 Ken'ichi Nishida
* Assistant director: 「西田健一」 Ken'ichi Nishida
* Animation director: 「小山知洋」 Tomohiro Koyama

I still find this episode's plot a little odd. It just seems like a poor rehash of the Paul and Chimchar plot.

There are some differences however.
- Suwama is not a rival of Ash's
- Tepig was tied up so that it could not eat
- Tepig was not physically beaten up from what we know right now.
- Tepig is assertive towards battling.

Woah, this actually sounds kinda cool. Definetly didnt think they would revisit this so late in the season. Heres hoping we get to see snivys old trainer too

There are some differences however.
- Tepig was tied up so that it could not eat
- Tepig was not physically beaten up from what we know right now.
- Tepig is assertive towards battling.

Not enough. I mean, can't the writers find a new way of telling this plot? I don't find much purpose in watching the episode if I know EXACTLY what is going to happen and how it's going to be told. It's just going to end up being a huge bore like the Chimchar plot in DP(not as dragged). Apart from looking at what going to happen, there's really not that much to get any entertainment value out of it. We already know what the lesson learned is going to be, we already know what the characters will discover, we already know Tepig's flaws, his strengths and weaknesses, so why watch it?

Not enough. I mean, can't the writers find a new way of telling this plot? I don't find much purpose in watching the episode if I know EXACTLY what is going to happen and how it's going to be told. It's just going to end up being a huge bore like the Chimchar plot in DP(not as dragged). Apart from looking at what going to happen, there's really not that much to get any entertainment value out of it. We already know what the lesson learned is going to be, we already know what the characters will discover, we already know Tepig's flaws, his strengths and weaknesses, so why watch it?

I agree with you about the not liking rehashed episodes, but we can't tell the exact plot from just the basic summary. Sure we can garner the basic idea of how it's gonna play out, but Tepig and Chimchar are two completely different Pokemon personality-wise. People react to different situations in different ways, and I for one am curious about how Tepig is gonna act in this episode.

>Mfw everyone is complaining that Tepig is ripping off Chimchar

Damian_Charmander.png

Damian was abusing Pokemon before it was cool.

Literally ALL of Ash's Fire Starters were abused/abandoned (Cyndaquil was a tad different. It was being sought after by an abusive trainer, but Ash caught it before him) I'm with Grave and didn't think they'd bring back his trainer. But they are, and I think it'll be cool to be honest. Tepig used to be really nervous that Ash would abandon him, but over time has started to trust Ash. Now, when he's at his peak and is totally comfortable around Ash, his old trainer shows up, putting that arrow back through his little piggy heart. It'll remind him of that day, and he'll be pretty distraught. Well hopefully. Do it properly and it should be a pretty emotional episode. In the past they've been pretty good with emotional episodes, so hopefully they won't mess this up.

Last edited:

There's also the difference that Suwama most likely got a replacement Tepig, which he raised into an Emboar.

And that is enough to give the plots differences, whilst also having similarities.

>Mfw everyone is complaining that Tepig is ripping off Chimchar

Damian_Charmander.png

Damian was abusing Pokemon before it was cool.

Literally ALL of Ash's Fire Starters were abused/abandoned (Cyndaquil was a tad different. It was being sought after by an abusive trainer, but Ash caught it before him) I'm with Grave and didn't think they'd bring back his trainer. But they are, and I think it'll be cool to be honest. Tepig used to be really nervous that Ash would abandon him, but over time has started to trust Ash. Now, when he's at his peak and is totally comfortable around Ash, his old trainer shows up, putting that arrow back through his little piggy heart. It'll remind him of that day, and he'll be pretty distraught. Well hopefully. Do it properly and it should be a pretty emotional episode. In the past they've been pretty good with emotional episodes, so hopefully they won't mess this up.

Didn't know abusing Pokemon was cool.

And there was Torkoal, who was abused/injured by Pokemon in the episode Ash got it, I think.

And who cares if they have similarities, does that mean that the episode will be bad? No, but then again, people could think it'll be bad or good for whatever reasons.

I just hope there will be some emotional flashbacks.

Didn't know abusing Pokemon was cool.
EVERYBODY'S DOING IT!
And there was Torkoal, who was abused by Pokemon in the episode Ash got it, I think.

And who cares if they have similarities, does that mean that the episode will be bad? No, but then again, people could think it'll be bad or good for whatever reasons.

I just hope there will be some emotional flashbacks.

I wasn't really counting Torkoal cause it didn't really seem depressed by his "abuser," Steelix. Yes it got attacked, but instead of go through a relapse of depression, it wanted to kick Steelix's ass. It was just easily moved by nature, which is why it would cry in happy situations, or when others were fighting.

I actually don't have any complaints other than people forgetting Charmander existed. I think the episode will be fine. I think it goes with the common misconception that fire is destructive, therefore these trainers assume Fire-types should be really powerful bamfs. But when they realize these Pokemon want love and attention just as much as any other Pokemon, they don't want to be bothered.

If anything, I think Tepig is more like Charmander than Chimchar. Paul witness Chimchar defending itself in a time of danger, so he wanted to bring out that spark, and the only way he knew how was to try to recreate that terror. That way Chimchar could hopefully gain that power at will. I wouldn't go so far as to say he abused it though. He was just really hard on it, and when the time came he just let it out of its Poke Ball and when his separate way, literally releasing Chimchar. Damian, however, left Charmander to die. He knew it would wait for him, even in a rain storm, and that Charmander's tail would go out. But he didn't care. Now we have Tepig, who was tied up and left to starve, and inevitably did. So when it comes down to comparing the Fire-type Starters, I'd say Tepig's more like Charmander, but I'm not complaining.

similarities will always be there! The only thing stupid is that they always pull of this story with the FIRE STARTER! ! ! .
I just don't want it first to lose and re train and than beat-draw with Emboar! Or let it loose or let it beat it right away! :D

It's not like Paul/Chimchar wasn't a rehash of Charmander... only that Chimchar was Charmander done right, while Tepig will probably be Charmander done even worse (though let's hope BW will prove me wrong about that)

We can't know that yet... if this guy will be a one ep only character, then it's automatical fail... if they want this to get at least a little interesting, this guy should be a recurring character and obviously the most fitting thing in that case would be to make him a rival

It's just going to end up being a huge bore like the Chimchar plot in DP(not as dragged).

"bore"? "dragged"?... seriously?........

While I'm not with the chimchar plot being a bore, it could have evolved in that one episode where it raged hard and ash had to calm it. As for the plot of this episode, if we don't get pignite with the fossils, then I guess it would evolve here? It goes with the BW way to wrap things up in an episode too, so its pretty feasible.

While I'm not with the chimchar plot being a bore, it could have evolved in that one episode where it raged hard and ash had to calm it.

I don't think that was the right time to evolve it, especially since it just went crazy and didn't really achieve anything... I liked how it evolved eventually during the full battle with Paul
Though I also wish we could see it longer as Monferno and Infernape... something that could've worked better if DP had an extra Johto (or whatever) saga after the Sinnoh League...

As for the plot of this episode, if we don't get pignite with the fossils, then I guess it would evolve here? It goes with the BW way to wrap things up in an episode too, so its pretty feasible.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious Tepig is going to evolve in this ep...

Can people blame me for thinking when I first saw the title, I was thinking Bianca and her Emboar?

No, we can't blame you, as Bianca really did just appear with her Emboar... that's BW for you, featuring new Pokémon only and repeat the same ones again and again and again!

Assuming BW2 is in the future and since at the end of BW older Poké started to appear in Unova, I assume old Poké will be all over the future Unova of BW2 (assuming that's what this game will be)
In such case, I wonder if starting in June - we'll start to see some older Poké in the anime too... (though the anime won't do a time skip like the games, so it'd be harder to explain their sudden appearance... unless after the League Ash will go to some different place where older Poké will just be there from the beginning)
Anyway, I do hope BW2 will put an end to this ridiculous rule of new Poké only, because it's getting reaaaaally boring... we have more than 600, why limit us to the same 150 for two-three years =\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom