• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone who actually really didn't like the Hikozaru plot and felt that it was dragged on, I'm looking forward to this episode because from the looks of it it will be just this one episode, which I think will be enough to elaborate on Pokabu's backstory as well as be able to show a decent battle. Of course that's assuming the episode has good pacing, but they can do it.

I'm very interested in what Dent will do during this episode. Suwama has completely failed when battling with Pokabu before but seemingly has success with a different one. Seems like a good chance to show off some sommeliering skills.

Also looking forward to Satoshi's and Iris' reactions to Suwama. They're almost certainly going to be furious with him.

I'm very interested in what Dent will do during this episode. Suwama has completely failed when battling with Pokabu before but seemingly has success with a different one. Seems like a good chance to show off some sommeliering skills.

Also looking forward to Satoshi's and Iris' reactions to Suwama. They're almost certainly going to be furious with him.

Whao, hey, that makes me wonder. Does Cilan know Tepig's backstory? Ash caught Tepig before he met Cilan. So maybe they'll inform him in this episode? Hopefully. I don't want them to just use the excuse, "LOL THEY TOLD HIM OFF SCREEN"

While I'm not with the chimchar plot being a bore, it could have evolved in that one episode where it raged hard and ash had to calm it.

I don't think that was the right time to evolve it, especially since it just went crazy and didn't really achieve anything... I liked how it evolved eventually during the full battle with Paul
Though I also wish we could see it longer as Monferno and Infernape... something that could've worked better if DP had an extra Johto (or whatever) saga after the Sinnoh League...
It was cause of its craziness that it wasn't able to leave its past, and because of that it couldn't become a better pokemon. If ash proved his worth there, and then had it evolve again in Evolving strategies it would have let things flow much better.

Also remember: Only bad thing Suwama did to Pokabu is abandoning him in Don George's Battle Center. He didn't (for all we know) abused him, didn't trick him into a dangerous situation, and didn't tied his mouth.

It's a double battle right?

Watch as Chomper think it will be the krok and the piggy

It's a double battle right?

Watch as Chomper think it will be the krok and the piggy

And so what if he does? There's no need to try and predict other users' reactions in a negative way like that so please don't do it again.

This trainer will probably be a one-shot character, I don't see him returning now that we're this late into the saga. Still it does make you wonder if Snivy will get an episode now about its past.

Kind of bothers me how this guy abandoned Tepig...only to turn around and get another one. :0

You think he'd try a different Pokemon out.

This trainer will probably be a one-shot character, I don't see him returning now that we're this late into the saga. Still it does make you wonder if Snivy will get an episode now about its past.
Well , Snivy's point is kind a Different !
Unlike Tepig , Snivy said to abandoned her own Trainer !
You know , Few month ago people was talking about how they want to see Tepig old trainer But now that he finally appearing , There are people talking about how's similar it is to Paul & Chimchar story !
I just don't hope writer decide to have their real show down in the league and decide this Battle for Ash & Tepig to sharpen their Determination by having them lose !
Shsssss, This guy probably got another Tepig by the Time Ash caught his previous one but his one is a Emboar now while Ash's one is still a Tepig.
But I don't want Tepig to evolve in This Episode.
Before Tepig evolve I want-
-Tepig to do some cute expression that other small anime Pig does .(Like Pi-chan from Ranma1/2)
-Ash carry Tepig in his arm however it won't because he's hart & Injured .
-Some Girl's appear and say how cute Tepig is !
Basically , I want all those thing to happen in THIS EPISODE if Tepig set to evolve here !
May be at the start of this episode , Tepig gonna win a Battle in Battle Club and he will do some cute expression. Ash gonna took Tepig in his arm and Some girl gonna surround Ash for his Tepig's cuteness while THAT GUY Will be watching them from far away.
By the way , This Battle will take place in Battle club , right !
Now to think of it , Ash haven't won any Battle in Battle Club. He ether lose or had a unfinished Battle !

Last edited:
I don't care if it's a rehashed plot, I don't care if "it's been done before", I am so glad they are revisiting Pokabu's past ;_______; I don't think anyone expected his back story to ever come up again. I hope it's just a one episode deal, we don't need Hikozaru all over again. Duder just needs to explain himself and move on. And I hope bb Pokabu kicks his ass ;~; Satoshi doesn't need another rival out of this.

I'm just glad Tepig is getting fleshed out a little bit more, the dude could use it.

Kind of bothers me how this guy abandoned Tepig...only to turn around and get another one. :0

He got a Tepig that he didn't find to be cowardly. Like, "My Tepig sucks, Professor Juniper. I want a better one."

I am surprised Porky won't be having a TR evolution. It's weird to see that they actually went out of their way to NOT do one when they had the chance. Kinda impressive.

I was one of the few that thought Porky's story wouldn't be revisited ever. But I am glad it is, to an extent anyways. I do think they can lag Porky's evolution for Sekka Gym though, but besides pointless gut feeling I don't have anything to prove that however.

I swear to god Astilbe sounds like Akebi and the title "Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!" sounds like DP053's title "Hikozaru's Tears!". Pfft.

The fact that this is going to be a double is interesting. So far all of the evoluion vs. pre-evolution fights were either part of a larger battle or one-on-one, but always single. I wonder if Suwama is going to have a Jiheddo given the toy line.

Screenplay: 「武上純希」 Junki Takegami
Animation director: 「小山知洋」 Tomohiro Koyama
Whole cast seems kinda "meh". Tomohiro Koyama is not a bad animator(his first episodes were better than Ogata's and Kinoshita's first ones that's for sure), but he isn't eyepoppingly awesome either. Just good enough to make the episode watchable. I hope he doesn't rush this one, DP175 looked like it was made out of papier-mâché.

Episodes Ken'ichi Nishida worked as an assistant director were sorta meh at times.

Takegami is also sorta meh. He has some good episodes, some average ones, some rather terrible episodes with good ideas but poor execution, and some that are just terrible.
Step 7:

Satoshi and his friends wave a goodbye to Trainer X(which btw is now less of a jerk).

Step 8:

Lets not forget the sunset.

Well, you can't really blame the Fire starters at this part, that is how almost 1/15 of the episodes end:

080412-1.jpg

010412-7.jpg

080412-2.jpg
But regardless I would probably sig this if my signature wasn't cramped enough.

Well, the only other options are a soul sucking candle, a rather dissapointing anteater, and an endangered moth that takes forever to evolve.
Sorry, forgot Hihadaruma-line. Ignore this.

Forgot Baokkie-line too, though they are not all too great. Good, but not great.

Last edited:
Rehashed plots don't bother me if they're done differently. I know that you can't put all the possible outcomes once. Which is where rehashing comes in.

When I saw Tepig in BW04, I actually felt really bad for the guy. He was disowned for not being "good enough", which causes a lot of problems to the mind which leads to not communicating with others as shown in OS with Charmander, being mentally insane with anger as shown in DP with Chimchar and possibly commit something as dark as suicide, which hasn't been shown yet. If say, Tepig ran away due to his loss combining the possibility of him committing suicide(Which if shown should totally use this BGM: Pokemon Black/White Music - Emotion - YouTube ), that would make the plot have elements that make it feel new and memorable. It would also make Tepig one of Ash's more complex Pokemon.

I know that I'm nitpicking, but as a writer myself, watching writers waste this much potential is just astounding. If this episode's plot is going to be an exact rehash of the previous 2, then nobody can say that I'm wrong if I ever call the writers 'lazy' for writing something so cheap and unmemorable.

Last edited:
Oh man, where is N when you need him? He'd have a field day in this episode!!!

Damn those writers. They just don't know a good thing when they see it. u_u

Well, the only other options are a soul sucking candle, a rather dissapointing anteater, and an endangered moth that takes forever to evolve.

You forgot Darmanitan! How could you forget possibly the best Fire type (non legendary) in Unova XD

In regards to this... episode, I'm only looking forward to see if the evolution is emotional. I am personally sick and tired of this plot to be honest and they could have at least done something else with it that was substantial.

You never know though, while I'm not getting my hopes up, the guy at least could be interesting enough.

All I have to say is that I'm happy we're getting a follow-up to Tepig's release that I'm sure no one saw coming. Rehashed plot or not.

So the episodes that were revealed yesterday turned out to be true after all...

It's weird to see that Tepig is still unevolved here even though the Best Wishes calendar has featured a Pignite for the month of April. I expect Tepig's former trainer to be just a one-shot COTD. There is hardly any buildup here that suggests that this character should be featured in more future episodes.

I am also a little bit disappointed that this trainer ended up getting an Emboar. Why couldn't it have been a pokemon that has not been debuted in the anime, like Serperior or Samurott? Emboar was already featured in three episodes so far under Bianca's possession, and now this will be the species' fourth appearance.

Still it does make you wonder if Snivy will get an episode now about its past.

Anything is possible with this anime. The writers are bringing back Tepig's former trainer from an episode that aired more than a year and a half ago, after all.

Like a few others here, I find it odd that he abandons one Tepig only to get another. What about Darmanitan (which the writers seems to really like a lot already) or Simisear (this poor guy was seen 3ish episodes ago, yes, but only as a few-second still)?

Still, it's pretty cool that they actually revisit past subplots, even if it takes them over a year to bring it back up. I hope Snivy gets one down the road at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom