• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW077 Flaming Memories! Tepig VS Emboar!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of bothers me how this guy abandoned Tepig...only to turn around and get another one. :0

You think he'd try a different Pokemon out.

He got a Tepig that he didn't find to be cowardly. Like, "My Tepig sucks, Professor Juniper. I want a better one."

Or maybe he bawww'd how he "lost" it or it "ran away". Even so, um, it shouldn't be that easy to just get another starter lol wat ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE ~THAT IRRESPONSIBLE~

Now I'm curious how he got another one if that's the case. wtf.

S/He actually likes Pokabu, what he doesn't like is bland and boring ones...

Looks like Tepig's IVs weren't up to that trainer's standards :(

But even though this isn't exactly a plot we've never seen before, I'm pretty excited! Personally I thought they'd never bring up Tepig's past again... guess I underestimated the writers XD; Now I've got high hopes for Snivy and the like. Though I'm really curious about how that battle will turn out, with Tepig going up against its final form that's more than 4x its size.

I'm shocked their even bothering. I thought they'd given up on that weird "story" thing :eek:

Rehashed plots don't bother me if they're done differently. I know that you can't put all the possible outcomes once. Which is where rehashing comes in.

When I saw Tepig in BW04, I actually felt really bad for the guy. He was disowned for not being "good enough", which causes a lot of problems to the mind which leads to not communicating with others as shown in OS with Charmander, being mentally insane with anger as shown in DP with Chimchar and possibly commit something as dark as suicide, which hasn't been shown yet. If say, Tepig ran away due to his loss combining the possibility of him committing suicide(Which if shown should totally use this BGM: Pokemon Black/White Music - Emotion - YouTube ), that would make the plot have elements that make it feel new and memorable. It would also make Tepig one of Ash's more complex Pokemon.

I know that I'm nitpicking, but as a writer myself, watching writers waste this much potential is just astounding. If this episode's plot is going to be an exact rehash of the previous 2, then nobody can say that I'm wrong if I ever call the writers 'lazy' for writing something so cheap and unmemorable.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Though the suicide would be pretty heavy stuff, implying it wouldn't hurt if it's done well. Plus, just because Pokemon isn't deep in characterization and emotions like Higurashi (the Manga ALWAYS gives me chills with each new arc), it doesn't mean that they shouldn't do it when they have the chance and ripe potential to pull it off fairly well.

As for Snivy, the story should be that she meets her old Trainer and (s)he's an awesome Trainer (maybe a league runner up) who was motivated by Snivy leaving him/her since (s)he wasn't good enough then. Snivy is torn between staying with Ash who she has grown to really like and return to her old Trainer who is far better but she didn't appreciate until now (due to guilt mixed with new respect). She evolves in Servine due to a rush of adrenaline to save Ash from a threat and her old Trainer forgives her for abandoning him/her since it was actually helpful in the end. And as the cherry on top, Snivy/Servine, who always knew how to keep her cool, cries after being forgiven.

Oshawott should have been like a victim of bullying from other Pokemon and disapproval from Trainers (assuming it was because he was ugly) back before Ash and the reason he joined Ash was because he was one of the few who showed honest affection for the little otter in BW001. Before evolving into Dewott, he ponders if Ash would still like him even if he's different but goes through with it due to being forced at the moment but finds that he had nothing to fret due to Ash's accepting nature.

Man, why am I not writing for Best Wishes?

Last edited:
Charmander-Cyndaquil-Torkoal-Chimchar-Tepig:The Legend Goes On...

The worst rehashed plot coming to your TV in 3 weeks and 4 days on May 3, 2012!!

This. Plot. Is. OLD.

Abused. Fire. Types. Are. NOT. New.

This. Theme. Is. The. TITANIC:THE LEGEND GOES ON... Of. Pokémon. Plots.

This. Like. That. Movie. Is. Impossibly. Bad. Writing.

A. New. Plot. PLEASE!

Didn't expect them to visit Tepig's old trainer, though.

ARE WE NOT MEN? WE WANT EVO!

Torkoal wasn't abandoned, he just wandered into a land owned by Steelix and Skarmory, who we've seen throughout the show are pretty big assholes.

I miss Torkoal. :(

Looks like Tepig's IVs weren't up to that trainer's standards :(
"Your IV spread is all wrong! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go breed another one of you things with 31 IVs in Attack and not Speed."

Poor Tepig. :(

It. Was. Still. Abused. By. Somethings.
Cyndaquil. Too. Beacuse. Of. Koji. And. The. Net.

Nothing. New. Here.

I don't care if it's a rehashed plot, I don't care if "it's been done before", I am so glad they are revisiting Pokabu's past ;_______; I don't think anyone expected his back story to ever come up again. I hope it's just a one episode deal, we don't need Hikozaru all over again. Duder just needs to explain himself and move on. And I hope bb Pokabu kicks his ass ;~; Satoshi doesn't need another rival out of this.

Same, I'm so glad they're revisiting Tepig's past, apart from BW004, I didn't really expect this, but I did hope for it and I agree about Tepig getting his Revenge, I think it would be nice.

Charmander-Cyndaquil-Torkoal-Chimchar-Tepig:The Legend Goes On...

The worst rehashed plot coming to your TV in 3 weeks and 4 days on May 3, 2012!!

This. Plot. Is. OLD.

Abused. Fire. Types. Are. NOT. New.

This. Theme. Is. The. TITANIC:THE LEGEND GOES ON... Of. Pokémon. Plots.

This. Like. That. Movie. Is. Impossibly. Bad. Writing.

A. New. Plot. PLEASE!

Didn't expect them to visit Tepig's old trainer, though.

ARE WE NOT MEN? WE WANT EVO!

Worst rehashed plot? So an opinion=fact now?

I. Can. Type. Like. This. Too. Because. This. Somehow. Gets. My. Point. Across. Somehow.

This is a new plot, it has its differences. Learn that.

It. Was. Still. Abused. By. Somethings.
Cyndaquil. Too. Beacuse. Of. Koji. And. The. Net.

Nothing. New. Here.

It. Is. New. So. Understand. That.

Hey guys,

Let's simmer down. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and whether or not they like what we know of the episode. If you disagree with someone, discuss what parts of their arguments you disagree with or ignore them, but don't tell them they need to think a certain way or mock the way they post. That being said, posters should be careful with the way the post and present their ideas as certain posting styles can come across negatively to other users.

Thank you,

On that note...

Nothing. New. Here.

No, there is nothing new here. It's not news that Pokabu was abandoned by its former trainer, it's not a surprise and it has been a part of its character since it was introduced. We've discussed the similitudes at lenght in the past on both this and other storylines and the thing that always strikes me is that a storyline being similar to a past storyline has absolutely no incidence on the storyline being good or bad, because ultimately its never completely the same and while it's familiar, what makes it different and unique is actually the things that make each of those similar storylines different and stand out. Of the last four fire types that Satoshi got, not one developed the same way, each had their own distinct personality and not one of them ultimately, in the end, felt like a carbon copy of his predecessors. I don't see why it would suddenly be that Pokabu would be a total carbon copy and the episode a total rehash.

This episode may be good, this episode may be bad, but it'll have nothing to do with being similar to what came before, it'll have to do with whether or not the original and previous elements of the story form a good episode when blended together.

Last edited:
Torkoal wasn't abandoned, he just wandered into a land owned by Steelix and Skarmory, who we've seen throughout the show are pretty big assholes.

I miss Torkoal. :(

But all of Ash's Fire types were saved by Ash in some way, so it is getting a bit old.

556989441.jpg

Summary listed.

Translation of the summary.

"After Satoshi and co. arrive in Astilbe town, they decide to rest at the Battle Club. There happens to be Satoshi's pokemon, Pokabu's former trainer who had abandoned him, Suwama. To prove to Suwama how strong Pokabu has strengthened, Ash......."

So the Battle Club appears again, nice. I hope Tepig does prove how much stronger he has gotten.

Translation from Elekible at SPPf.

Last edited by a moderator:
That summary reminds me of the newest EgoRaptor video where it pokes fun of Link to the Past where Link's Uncle says "Zelda is your...." before dying.

Although in this case it's obvious Ash will prove Suwama's outdated views when it comes to viewing Pokemon solely as battling tools through a Pokemon Battle! And I agree, nice to see the Battle Club re-appear. I just realized we haven't seen it since...Episode 10, Ash vs. Trip?

That summary reminds me of the newest EgoRaptor video where it pokes fun of Link to the Past where Link's Uncle says "Zelda is your...." before dying.

Although in this case it's obvious Ash will prove Suwama's outdated views when it comes to viewing Pokemon solely as battling tools through a Pokemon Battle! And I agree, nice to see the Battle Club re-appear. I just realized we haven't seen it since...Episode 10, Ash vs. Trip?

We saw it when Ash trained for his 2nd Unova Gym and when he battled Bianca's Dad in Nimbasa(I think).

But, yeah, I agree. I think it's nice that we'll be seeing it again. The battle will probably take place there, well, I hope for that, at least.

I think the club battle and Donomite were also sopposed to be at the battle club.

I dont see why people get annoyed about pre owned fire starters, just think, Bulbasaur was supposed to have been abandoned, Squirtle was hinted to have been abandoned and Snivy was thought to have left her trainer. they are starters, they are rare, it makes sense that a lot of them walking around in the wild were released by other trainers

Seems Satoshi-Tachi meets Suwama at a Batoru Kurabu.

That's actually a pretty sweet tie-on to his original debut episode. Wonder who the second Pokemon in the double battle will be.

I hope it's Palpitoad since he hasn't been in an episode in a really long time.

Wonder who the second Pokemon in the double battle will be.

who said it will be a double battle? and I Think Unefezant, Leveanny or Krokorok are the best choices!

From Sushi -

In Astilbe Town, Ash and his friends meet a boy called Suwama. He is the former Trainer of the Tepig Ash is currently raising and abandoned Tepig because he thought it had no talent for battles. To prove how useless Tepig is, Suwama challenges Satoshi to a double battle.

The summary at the first page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom