• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW078: Hachiku Appears! The Holy Mountain of Ulgamoth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
BW078-1.png

Why does this episode numbered as 77回??? O_O

I noticed it earlier, looks like a typo.

Btw, get ready for some "movie sommelier" action.
It turns out the two are big stars of the movie world, having starred in the famous "Ice Trilogy". Nowadays they've retired from movies and secluded themselves in the mountains, though the Movie Sommelier Dent gets really excited at getting to see their training site as well.
IT'S MOVIE TIME!
20rkcab.gif

Last edited:
I really, really, really hope the "ICE TRILOGY" is a buddy-cop movie starring Brycen and Beartic.

With Beartic driving a cop car or something.

after the preview I'm looking even more forward to this ep! Some nce battles up front! Got a feeling Krokorok will learn some move so he can come even close to beating Beartic!
Jellicent looked great as well!

Preview
- Brycen and Beartic do a flip onto a rock and do a pose.
- Beartic shoots a water attack.
- Ash and co. run away.
- Brycen breaks a rock.
- Krokorok does some posing.
- Ash does some on a rock and falls down.
- Volcarona flies.
- Ash is sort of in shock.
- Rinzo gets prepared to shoot something from a sort of gun.
- Rinzo's Jellicent's use Confuse Ray.
- Volcarona shoots a
- Rinzo has tow different Jellicent, one female and one male.
- The Jellicent's fire water attacks and Krokorok gets blasted away with one.
- Brycen does a pose.
- Beartic does an ice punching attack.
- Krokorok uses Stone Edge.

http://www.filb.de/anime/bw/078

Last edited:
Preview looked awesome because this episode will have the best animation director there is. Problem is that the subsequent gym battle will be mediocre at best since the best animation is already used up for this episode. Not really digging this formula.

- Brycen and Beartic do a flip onto a large rock, Brycen in a pose
- Beartic using Brine
- Ash, Iris, Cilan running away.
- Brycen breaking a Large rock with his hand
- Krokorok imitates Brycen
- Ash slips off the top of a rock, and hits the ground and gives a half smile
- Volcarona flies off of a rock
- Ash looks over
- A hunter grabs a gun and points it
- Male and Female Jellicent use Confuse Ray
- Volcarona uses Fire Spin
- The Jellicent use Hydro Pump on Krokorok
- Brycen poses again
- Beartic uses a double Ice Punch
- With dark clouds above, Volcarona flies out of the bushes
- The hunter and Male Jellicent follow it
- Ash commands Krokorok
- Krokorok hits the Male Jellicent with Stone Edge

Confirmation on Brine and Fire Spin

Brycen sure is strong!

Hunter with a gun... :eek:

Last edited:
This episode sure looks a hell of a lot better than it sounded originally. Quite interesting.

This episode sure looks a hell of a lot better than it sounded originally. Quite interesting.

That's funny because personally I feel the exact opposite xD I'm hoping the preview hasn't done the episode justice because I'm a little less excited after seeing it. The "guy/Pokémon smashes a rock" thing is really overdone, and the Pokémon attacking is just a bit same-old in my opinion.

What bike are you guys referring to? I don't see any bike :S

Anyway, the animation is probably really good to hide the fact that the episode sucks.

What bike are you guys referring to? I don't see any bike :S

Anyway, the animation is probably really good to hide the fact that the episode sucks.

I think they're referring to that motorcycle.

Waruvile still looks awesome. I'm really glad he's getting some much deserved screen time and training. Gawd, I really hope he doesn't evolve during the Gym Battle against Tsunbear. Tsunbear can use Brine, ha. That's pretty neat since BW seems to have the whole "If your that type you have mostly moves of that type + Normal Move" syndrome. Satoshi looks pretty funny, falling like that and trying to play off that embarrassing scene. Double Burungeru are really blasting Waruvile. A double Hydro Pump. Ice Punch looks awesome :X But at least Waruvile is hurting the male Burungeru.

Hachiku might be the most entertaining gym leader we've gotten so far in BW. Kamitsure got two episodes of screen time, some sweet characterization, and was overall very entertaining. I hope to see the same for Hachiku, we haven't really gotten that that much for a lot of BW leaders.

Last edited:
I think the dub episode of this will be fine, considering they showed J's lazer gun, and Meowth's Bazooka back in Diamond and Pearl.

Anyway, nice to see Brycen getting some characterization. Let's be honest, he wasn't exactly the most.....interesting character in the game. It'll be nice to see him flushed out.

It probably only shoots a net or something anyway. Besides, not like there's much point in a gun when you've got 2 ghost jellyfish around.

Pokemon Smash Preview
- Brycen and Beartic smash boulders in mid air and then pose and land.
- Cilan talks about movie star Brycen.
- Brycen breaks a boulder in half.
- Thunderclouds form and lighting comes from it.
- Iris is scared.
- Rinzo fires a net from his gun at Volcarona and the net captures Volcarona.

5月6日のポケスマでの5月10日のアニポケ予告 - YouTube

So he's no longer the actor formerly known as Hachiku?

/lame joke

Hachiku might be the most entertaining gym leader we've gotten so far in BW. Kamitsure got two episodes of screen time, some sweet characterization, and was overall very entertaining. I hope to see the same for Hachiku, we haven't really gotten that that much for a lot of BW leaders.
Which is a real shame because IMO the gym leaders of Unova were mostly full of personality in the games (Aloe, Arti, Kamitsure, Yacon). :( Even Hachiku's contemplative silence in the games endeared him to me.

Wow.. this would have been a better two parter than that god awful Carracosta and Tirtouga one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom