• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW078: Hachiku Appears! The Holy Mountain of Ulgamoth!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
From Slowkinglsey at Serebii.

From Animage

BW078: Hachiku Appears! The Holy Mountain of Ulgamoth!!
Airs: May 10th.
ハチク登場!ウルガモスの聖なる山
大橋志吉 浅田裕二 川田武範 岩根雅明

---

wwwdotuporg2897617.jpg

Summary by Me :_)
"A huge Battle surrounding the God that protects the mountain - Ulgamoth!! Ash and company are saved from a pinch situation by the [famous] movie-star Hachiku. While they observe Hachiku's training [regiment], an incident occurs at the nearby mountain!!!"

Last edited:
So if BW079 is the gym battle, that means there's 11 episodes between Skyla and Brycen.

Anyway, where's BW077?

Shouldn't this be locked since there is zero proof that this is real?

* Screenplay: 「大橋志吉」 Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
* Storyboard: 「浅田裕二」 Yūji Asada
* Assistant director: 「川田武範」 Takenori Kawada
* Animation director: 「岩根雅明」 Masaaki Iwane

So, Doesn't this episode have a Summary !
Also, What a Ulgamoth doing in a icy area ?
Yet again , Ash going so close to a near legendary wild pokemon without capturing it !
I really hate when this happen !
I know , That people gonna reply this post saying Ash doesn't need any pokemon but Volcarona is a way too extraordinary pokemon to avoid. Plus Ash doesn't have another Flying/Flouting pokemon Beside a female Unfezant with uncool design !
But it's too discuss in Pokemon capture & Evolution thread.
I'm just dump about how to handle all power the power that Volcarona gonna show in this episode with Ash avoiding it in this Episode !

Last edited:
So they meat Brycen before entering Iccirus! Solid! So Ash will work out a bit before the gym battle!

- I could Imagine Iris to face Brycen here so Ash could see how strong he is!

-And I can see Luke appearing here! He is a film maker Brycen is an Actor or so!

-And Brycen will probably fight some Volcarona to improve his skills! :D

-Could Ash caputre one? He doesn't have a dual fire type!
And with this! Think Ash will face Drayden around BW90!

So May = Gym 7... I can see June/July being Gym 8 and then July/August or August/September being the League... then September or October they can start something new based on BW2

So May = Gym 7... I can see June/July being Gym 8 and then July/August or August/September being the League... then September or October they can start something new based on BW2
Mid July for the gym, can't see em rushing dragonspiral tower and perhaps visiting Iris' town.

Shouldn't this be locked since there is zero proof that this is real?

http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f228/anime-rules-guidelines-updated-17th-dec-2011-a-109738/#post3496722
slowkingsley, Sushi, sunyshore and Sabonea Muskippa at SPPF

All four have proven to be reliable sources in the past. If you see a thread started by any of them where they posts titles and/or summaries, feel free to post them over here.

Nothing new. slowkingsley has made the Anime community aware of several titles in the past and has been reliable. He also hasn't shed any doubt on the validity of the title, unlike what happened with the Pokabu episode.

But it's too discuss in Pokemon capture & Evolution thread.

If you know where you should be discussing a topic, then discuss it there.

Mid July for the gym, can't see em rushing dragonspiral tower and perhaps visiting Iris' town.

Please at least try to relate your posts to this particular episode :p You may discuss pacing/predictions for BW elsewhere, but whenever you see an episode preview thread, keep the topic specifically to the episode.

Last edited:
I actually really like the idea of Luke possibly appearing here as the latter part title of the episode does sound a bit like a movie title, but even if he doesn't, I'm really glad we're getting Ichiku and getting closer to the seventh gym.

Dat pacing.

We can't be too far off from the 7th gym after this can we? Unless this is similar to the Burgh appearances. My, my..this series is just flying by.

I hope there's insight into Brycen's past as a movie star and what exactly happened to make him "hurt and depressed", this is what the anime does best with Gym Leaders. I wonder if the Volcarona has something to do with his connection with Alder?

Yeah its obvious we were at Gym 7 soon. Sadly the fire starter will likely star as it just evolved. I am really wonder if some of Ash's other pokes will shine in the Gym.

Wow, we are really flying by! Maybe we'll get some Plasma-dan stuff with Ulgamoth considering we skipped the Resort Desert?

"The Holy Mountain of Urugamoth?" Lol, maybe that's a movie and Luke appears since Hachiku is an actor? Please let it be Luke, that kids is friggin' cool. XD, I don't see how they would squeeze in another mountain plot after the Twist Mountain thing so quickly. Plus Luke brought up the fact his Merlarvae wasn't quick enough cause it wasn't evolved yet back in the Don Battle Tournament, so him owning a Urugamoth now would make sense. Plus, a welcomed appearance by that Bug/Fire type is awesome, given it's huge impact on the metagame.

I like Taiki. I mean Luke. Gah, voices :p
So if he get an appearance, I'm okay with this. Just make sure Bel isn't there so Zorua stops being a prop.

Wow, we are really flying by! Maybe we'll get some Plasma-dan stuff with Ulgamoth considering we skipped the Resort Desert?

Don't count in it :-(

They just want to throw out Black & White's story so they can (awkwardly) shoe horn in elements from B&W versions 2 like how they did in Advanced Genrations.

...I think I might have to abandon ship :-/

Last edited:
* Screenplay: 「大橋志吉」 Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
* Animation director: 「岩根雅明」 Masaaki Iwane

I haven't cared much about this episode until I saw the cast. Nice. Seems like it's going to ba good episode.

Anyways, I was hoping for Iris' fear of Ice-types to be resolved here but I am guessing they going to keep it until next movie so Iris can have something to do. Not so bad, since it will likely be adressed, but not so good either, because that increases the overgrowing fear inside me that says Langley will have another Ice-type/use Tunbear and become a fall guy to cure Iris' problem just like her predecessor or more closely, in her debut episode.

Yeah, title definately sounds like it's a cheesy Mothra movie, but I kind of hope this episode shows Luke is trying to evolve Meraruba rather than show that he has evolved it, because the species evovles way too late; but given Koharu had a Vuljina in the beginning of the series, and Lanlgey had a Kirikizan before league and had her learn Scissors Guillotine at the very beginning of series, Best Wishes obviously cares more about showcasing all 150 Pokémon in a short-time span instead of referencing the games.

Considering that all of the Pokémon in the Pokemon Kids Virizion Set (Bandai) besides Jiheddo has appeared, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a Jiheddo somewhere in the Sekka City. Maybe Shooty will appear with one, or Suwama has a Jiheddo? I dunno.

Well, Brycen will make his debut sooner than I had expected him to. Based on the title of this episode, I am expecting that the Volcarona in this episode is/are wild pokemon.

I don't expect the writers to be bringing back Luke, who has Volcarona's pre-evolution.

Last edited:
Brycen was by far the most forgettable Unova gym leader for me; hopefully this episode changes my mind. But even so, we've got Iwane animating it, so there's always that to look forward to. :D

Now... I actually want Iris to challenge this guy or something to help alleviate her fear of ice types. This is a pretty good opportunity imho. Though I support Luke showing up more than anything, I've really missed the kid >:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom