• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW079: Sekka Gym Battle! Ice Battlefield!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still believe that the line-up is Krokorok, Boldore, and Tepig/Pignite. I do not expect this gym battle to have any evolutions due to the ending, although it is very possible that Krokorok will learn a new attack to defeat Beartic.

Re: BW079: 7th Gym Battle.

I do think they can lag Porky's evolution for Sekka Gym though, but besides pointless gut feeling I don't have anything to prove that however.
Ohai pointless gut feeling. I missed you.
Potential Waruvile evolution? It now almost seems weird to have a gym battle without it. :p

isn't he a waruvile in all the movie 15 merchandise though?

Actually, according to All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF) entire Megurok-line in none of the movie tie-ins(even stuff like Pochama is, what the hell). Though I am probably wrong, and the site is not %100 reliable.

On the other hand, there are two upcoming Waruvial toys:
All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF): Pokemon Kids Keldeo Set (Bandai)
All About Pokemon Figure (AAPF): AOU 2012 Report#3 New Pokemon Prize (Banpresto)

But they won't be out until summer... so yeah.

Edit: Ok Porky is evolving in BW077/79(damn unaired episodes, ruining the numbering), so my pointless gut feeling has became, well, pointless.

Last edited:
And our new piggy is here:
SekkaGym.png

So, it's going to be Chaoboo, Waruvile and ??? NO PIKACHU, PLEASE! Hahakomori or Gamagaru may be?

And our new piggy is here:
SekkaGym.png

So, it's going to be Chaoboo, Waruvile and ??? NO PIKACHU, PLEASE! Hahakomori or Gamagaru may be?

Well from what I heard by some person, he'll be using two Pokemon, so the 3rd one might not get a shot. If it does, then I hope for Boldore, Scraggy or Leavanny.

I think it'll probably be Snivy. Oshawott and Tepig have now been in 3+ Gyms while Snivy only had two. As much as I want to see the reserves the writers likely will choose a starter.

Pignite, Krokorok, and Pika-frikkin-chu. calling it as the INTENDED lineup.

I think Pika is the fall gut Pignite will Blaze(HINT HINT) through the competition, only to fall for Beartic's Brine(Calling it now as it's protective mov), leaving Krokorok to win it.
@Playerking;Source for the only two Pokémon quote?

@Playerking;Source for the only two Pokémon quote?

Ash graps the key to victory!? His two Pokemon are these!

Yeah, it is probably generic buzzword because Porky and Waruvile are the ones who are getting focus episodes before the battle and page with the quote from StUn SpOre's translation is the second one Dogasu posted which includes Porky and Waruvile's episodes. But it does make me worried that we won't be seeing anybody else, or even so, it will probably be Tsutarja like Scott suggested. Though if Chaoboo defeats two of Hachiku's Pokémon we might have a new anime meme. :p.

I think it'll probably be Snivy. Oshawott and Tepig have now been in 3+ Gyms while Snivy only had two. As much as I want to see the reserves the writers likely will choose a starter.

It is possible, considering that Ash used a Grass-type pokemon when he fought that ice-type gym leader in DP. It could also be Pikachu or Scraggy, just because both of those pokemon can use moves that are super-effective against Ice-types.

so by all this focus it seems like Waruvile is the one to beat beartic! so cryognal and the ice cream are in rotation to get kicked out by Tepig! so I think the Ice cream will tie with Scraggy and Tepig will beat Cryognal and give Beartic a hard time.

But I'm still Hoping Ash losses this and we get a rematch after the Poison Brad battle! Everyone fingers crossed!

Im still hoping for Boldore, even if it is just the fallguy. Rather it werent Snivy, we've already got a starter, no need for 2, plus we've already got a pokemon with the dissadvantage. She can have the next gym

I'm actually hoping that Pikachu gets used here because, well, it makes sense. As well as being Satoshi's strongest Pokemon, he also has a super-effective move. Gantle's already got a major Gym win so the writers aren't going to bring it back out again and Zuruggu's had a ton of focus recently so Pikachu seems the most logical choice.

Weirdly, I was thinking the other day that if Pikachu isn't used then that means that, out of the three ice-type Gym Leaders that Satoshi has faced, Pikachu's only gone up against Yanagi's Inomoo which made no logical sense whatsoever (especially given that Pikachu didn't know Iron Tail yet at this point).

I hope Oshawott will be used here. When was the last time he held the spotlight?

When was the last time Palpitoad held the spotlight? Oh yeah, like... except for its capture episode... never. Now that's a guy that really needs some love; shame it can't have it here. There's always Gym 8 though...

I hope Oshawott will be used here. When was the last time he held the spotlight?

When was the last time Palpitoad held the spotlight? Oh yeah, like... except for its capture episode... never. Now that's a guy that really needs some love; shame it can't have it here. There's always Gym 8 though...

If the writers didn't give Ash a bajillion Pokemon this saga we wouldn't be having this problem.

Seems like it could be Pikachu as the fall guy! Cause we see in the scan some electricity around Cryogonal and it doesn't know any electric type move or can learn any of them!?
It Could be from the Rapid spin it's making ??/!

And BTW way must there be a fall guy? In Crasher's gym none of Ash's Poke fainted? He exchanged Turtwig, Buizel and Pikach all for one of Crashers Poke's!

Animation director is Mizuho Tajima, who also did "Raimon Gym! Magnificent Electric Shock Battle!!" and "The Hiun Gym Match! Purehearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!", so this will be the third gym match animated by the same person/team.

Which, in all honesty, is really bad news. Both those gyms were some of the worst gyms we've seen and they both suffered greatly from being animated by such a bad animation director.

"The Hiun Gym Match! Purehearted Bug Pokémon Battle!!"

:(

That Gym Battle was horrifically animated, especially how often stock footage was used and abused.

The Elesa Gym Match at least gave some funny expressions to Palpitoad, so it wasn't as bad, but still, this is NO GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom