• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW079: Sekka Gym Battle! Ice Battlefield!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expect this gym battle to look like sh*t. I won't understand why they give the previous episode which is pointless to a great animator but an important episode like this to this guy?! I think the writers lost some bet or something.

Both of those episodes had mediocre animation, so my expectations for this gym battle's animation are low. At least Tomioka is writing this battle, though.

Personally I couldn't care less how the animation looks. I just want to see a good battle.

Personally I couldn't care less how the animation looks. I just want to see a good battle.

This. If the battle is at least written well, it should compensate for some of the short comings in the animation department.

How can it be a good battle if the animation sucks!???? So if it's good animated it can be a good battle!

How can it be a good battle if the animation sucks!???? So if it's good animated it can be a good battle!

A Caterpie OHKOing an Arceus in a gym battle would be the shittiest thing ever even if the animation was of amazing quality in my opinion. For me, I care about what actually happens in the gym battle and whether there's strategy and logic used which is what I want from this episode.

It's not like the animation was completely terrible. Sure it wasn't Iwane quality, but the writing of both those Gym battles was pretty shoddy IMO..so that in turn made them "meh" to me.

I thought the Elesa Gym was at least animated well. Sure the actual battle had some crappy writing, but the animation itself didn't bother me.

If this Gym has animation like that it shouldn't be too bad.

Would no bullshit fall-guy KOs like Waruvile in the last gym be too much too ask? Pretty please? I'm pulling my avatar face here.

To be honest, I could see Scraggy failing miserably here...and getting "redeemed" by starring at the last gym.

Zuruggu is in this? Best BW gym. That is all. XD On the animation, I think the main criticism seems to be stock footage, but I look at the shot of the snowflake spinning and hurling itself at its foes and I don't see bad animation. I see good writing in terms of making Pokémon look good and working of their unique characteristics. I'm looking forward to this.

1 - Tepig, Pikachu, Oshawott.
2 - Tepig, Oshawott.
3 - Tepig, Sewaddle-Swadloon, Pikachu.
4 - Palpitoad, Snivy, Pikachu.
5 - Oshawott, Snivy, Roggenrola-Boldore.
6 - Krokorok, Pikachu, Tranquill-Unfezant.
7 - Krokorok, Pignite, Scraggy (that's correct, right?)

If there's one thing Unova's doing right, it's allowing a good balance of Gym battles and not shoving Pikachu into each one like that other region...

Wait, why is Krokorok the only one of Ash's "reserve Pokemon" that gets two Gym battles? Seems weird. I guess it's to make up for the terrible defeat it got last time?

Finally Atsuhiro Tomioka's writing a Gym Battle! :-D Junki Takegami can't write battles to save his life.

Oh sweet, scraggy!! wanted him to be used, but didn't expect it. I imagine he'll lose since he hasnt mastered Focus blast yet. But hey you never know, he did well in the tourney. Heres hoping for a sweet battle : )

It's time that Scraggy will be used in a gym battle. I was actually worried that Ash would have chosen Pikachu instead. That means all ten of his current pokemon in BW have been used for at least one gym battle.

This might sound like good news to some, but I am expecting Scraggy to be the fall guy here. Not only did the pokemon have an entire tournament to itself, but it has also yet to master Focus Blast. The latter instance could very well give Scraggy a disadvantage in the battle even with its other attacks. Ideally, I would like each of Ash's chosen pokemon to get one win. However, I cannot see this happening realistically because Ash's Krokorok is getting a lot of screentime in an episode prior to the battle, so it might get two wins here. In the majority of past gym battles, and especially in the matches that took place in DP, the pokemon that Ash used to win the final bout secured two victories. This was the case in the previous gym battle, so I can't see this trend disappearing too soon.

Meanwhile, Pignite seems to be a powerhouse that I feel can only be taken down by Brycen's Beartic. Since it appears that Krokorok will be used to win the final match in the battle, Scraggy seems to be the most likely of Ash's selected pokemon to lose first.

Last edited:
Yay, Scraggy is being used. When was the last time it was used in a battle?

Pignite was an obvious choice and Krokorok was no surprise.

Yay, Scraggy is being used. When was the last time it was used in a battle?
Um, well, like the entire Tournament Arc five episodes ago.

Yes Scraggy! IT'S going to ROCK! :D yeahhhhhhhhhhhh! :D It's time it was caught 60 episodes ago! ! !

I predict a Clay play out! Everyone get's a win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom