• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW079: Sekka Gym Battle! Ice Battlefield!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Scraggy, I always predict 2 of the Pokemon for the gym right.

Elesa, I predicted Snivy, Palpitod but then Roggenrola

Clay, I predicted Snivy, Oshawott but then Palpitoad

Skyla, I predicted Pikachu, Tranquill but then Boldore

For Brycen, I predicted Pignite, Scraggy but then Boldore though I knew Boldore would be the one I got wrong.

I hope Scraggy gets to star here, however it looks like Krokorok will be in the spotlight, I don't mind, as long as Pognite dosen't star

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ - YouTube

Preview.
- Brycen calls out a command.
- Vanillish uses a Blizzard like move.
- Scraggy uses Hi-Jump Kick.
- Scraggy misses Vanillish and hits an ice rock.
- Ash calls out a command.
- Krokorok is in the air and uses Stone Edge.
- Iris is on the sidelines with winter clothes, snow jacket, scarf and earmuffs.
- Beartic grabs Krokorok's tail and swings him around.
- Beartic throws Krokorok into an ice rock.
- Cryogonal spins rapidly.
- Pignite is scared and the attack hurts him.
- Vanillish uses an Icicle Spear looking move.
- Scraggy defends with his pants/skin.
- Beartic slides backwards from an attack, I assume.
- So does Krokorok and Krokorok's jaw is frozen.
- Brycen does a pose.
- Beartic jumps in the air.
- Ash calls out a command.
- Krokorok hits his cheeks and they turn read.
- Brycen commands an attack and Beartic uses Brine.
- Ash commands an attack and Krokorok goes to use what looks like Crunch.

Last edited:
Heh, Iris wearing snowgear.

The battle looks pretty good, looking forward to it.

seems good ! But there is no LOGIC that Waruville who couldn't defeat 1 Jellicent will defeat know a Beartic who beat 2 Jellicent!

They should've made him lose this one really! Even if Pignite get a few hits not even than should Waruville have a chance!

Love Scraggy using his pants to protect itself from Iccile crash! :D

seems good ! But there is no LOGIC that Waruville who couldn't defeat 1 Jellicent will defeat know a Beartic who beat 2 Jellicent!

They should've made him lose this one really! Even if Pignite get a few hits not even than should Waruville have a chance!

Love Scraggy using his pants to protect itself from Iccile crash! :D

The Jellicents kept using Confuse Ray, some ghost move and Hydro Pump and Beartic is a gym leader's Pokemon. So yeah...

Plus he lost early last time and to lose after just battling Beartic? I hope not.

- Brycen commands an attack
- Vanillish uses Blizzard
- Scraggy uses Hi Jump Kick, as Vanillish dodges, Scraggy hits the Large Ice Rock instead
- Ash commands an attack
- Krokorok jumps and uses Stone Edge
- Iris leans over the railing with a smile to say something important to Ash, as she wears winter clothing and earmuffs.
- Beartic grabs Krokorok's tail, spins and throws it into a large Ice Rock, as it breaks
- Cryogonal hits Pignite with Rapid Spin which sends him backwards
- Ash shows concern for Pignite
- Pignite angrily looks behind him
- Vanillish uses Icicle Spear
- Scraggy pulls up his rubber pants to block that Icicle Spear
- Beartic is sent sliding backwards
- Krokorok is sent sliding backwards, with his whole mouth covered in ice.
- Brycen does a pose with his arms open
- Beartic jumps up to use Aerial Ace
- Ash commands an attack
- Krokorok hits its cheeks to get himself ready (or this is after he is free from the ice, I think this is why he really does that)

- Brycen speaks and then poses
- Beartic roars and uses Brine
- Ash commands an attack
- Krokorok uses Crunch

Last edited:
Full Preview: Anime - Pocket Monsters Best Wishes! - Folge 079 – Filb.de

- Scraggy uses Hi Jump Kick, as Vanillish dodges, Scraggy hits the Large Ice Rock instead
- Ash commands an attack
- Iris leans over the railing with a smile to say something important to Ash, as she wears winter clothing and earmuffs.
- Beartic grabs Krokorok's tail, spins and throws it into a large Ice Rock, as it breaks
- Ash commands an attack
- Krokorok hits its cheeks to get himself ready (or this is after he is free from the ice, I think this is why he really does that)
-

It actually looks like Beartic just did a big jump as you can see the force from the jump behind it and it doesn't seem like he's flying to me.

- Ash commands an attack
- Ash commands an attack
-

It actually looks like Beartic just did a big jump as you can see the force from the jump behind it and it doesn't seem like he's flying to me.

Aerial Ace doesn't necessarily mean a Pokemon is flying, the aura surrounding Beartic when it jumps with a high burst of speed looks just like when Unfezant used it.

If it's facing Pignite at that time, then it would make sense for countering fighting types.

Er... Emolga's aura is probably a better example of what I'm referring to.
that smeared clear aura look

Oh Iris, you know what do to be able to watch the match:

1336645690225.jpg

Kibago looks even more adorable with that winter gear on.

I love the line up for this battle! Every Pokemon on Ash's team has a type advantage (only Stone Edge is super-effective for Mr. Sunglasses but I love him anyway!)

This is a complete turn around from his battle in Snowpoint City where 3 out of his 4 Pokemon were at a type disadvantage. Doubt Focus Blast will be mastered in this episode but its all good maybe Scraggy will evolve and master it down the road??

The one thing I don't want is a one-sided battle where a Pokemon is knocked out with 3 moves in a row. Or any one hit knock outs just to end a match fast. Hoping for a well balanced mixed of strategy and skill from both sides!

I want that Krok's Bite(Crunch) goes like Piplup's peck! He focuses his energy and his teeth grow and than he bites or crunches! this like light trace I don not like! :D

It's quite possible that Pignite gets 2 wins here or a win and a draw!

I would love it if Ash used Pignite the entire battle, because Ice types are weak to Fire and Fighting type moves, and Pignite is both those types, but he's using Krokorok, knowing the anime writers ALWAYS have Ash use a Pokemon that's WEAK to the Gym leaders type, just look at every rock/ground type Gym battle with the exception of Clay, he used Pikachu each time.

The last Pokemon Ash uses should be Scraggy or Boldore, if it's Pikachu, Levanny, or worse, OSHAWOTT, I am going to ram my head on the wall.

Ash has always used Pikachu in the last gym battle, I doubt this time will be any different.

Iris looks so cute in her winter outfit!

I'm so pumped that Satoshi is going with Zuruggu for this gym match! Chaoboo seems like an obvious choice. Eh, I'm indifferent over Waruvile battling here, with or without his "rivalry" with Tunbear. Battle looks good, at least.

- Ash commands an attack
- Ash commands an attack
-

Aerial Ace doesn't necessarily mean a Pokemon is flying, the aura surrounding Beartic when it jumps with a high burst of speed looks just like when Unfezant used it.

If it's facing Pignite at that time, then it would make sense for countering fighting types.

Er... Emolga's aura is probably a better example of what I'm referring to.
that smeared clear aura look

Again, it'll most likely just be him jumping.

1. It's not exactly like the smudged aura around Pokemon using Aerial Ace.

2. Unless he did it for extra force, he jumped in the preview and Pokemon don't need to jump for aerial ace I don't think.

3. Krokorok was shown in the air in one scene in the preview Beartic could jump up, only to throw him down on the ground or use some sort of ice move.

You shouldn't just assume it's Aerial Ace. You assumed Emboar would use Blast Burn and Heatmor would have X-Scissor and those moves weren't used. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Anyway, new picture from the episode.

BW081-MoviePic.png

Pokemon Smash Preview
- Cilan and Ash talk.
- Cilan and Iris are cold and they feel a breeze inside the gym.
- Brycen brings out a Pokemon
- Krokorok goes to attack.
- Beartic jumps in the air.
- Krokorok and Beartic Clash in the air, they pass each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kXlfPBIGFA

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom