• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW080: Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The battle really looks like it'll take place behind everything else in terms of entertainment, because Dent had to use Crustle, the Dent of Dent's Pokemon. :/

With the opponent using a Pokemon known for deception and trickery, it would've been a lot more...thematic...if perhaps Dent owned a Pokemon of his own that specialized in utilizing deceit and trickery, perhaps some sort of..Trap Pokemon. Too bad there's no Pokemon like that, huh?

Didn't realise that man was Burgundy Untill watching the preview for like the fith time, I was like "what evidence do we have that she'll appear in a disguise?"

I have an awful feeling the writers are gonna try to finish hers and Georgia's story in these episodes

For something as small and quick as Purrloin, I would've expected Cilan to use Pansage. Ugh, Crustle again. :(

Cilan probably hates Purrloin so much that he is going to use his strongest pokemon.

Or Cilan is just playing it safe by using a pokemon with a type advantage over Purrloin. Pansage doesn't really have any moves that are super effective against Dark-types.

I just want to know if Burgundy will try to sound like an old man.

Dent is abducted and thrown into a limo?

LOL

Smash Preview
- Cilan and Pinot Noir stare at each other.
- A sort of old Man appears.
- He throwhs Cilan in a car.
- Someone arrives at the little girls house.
- A Lillipup, Patrat and something run along a path.
- Cilan smells some purple coloured aroma.

i'm still just completely WTFing at the preview xD People apparantly pay others to kidnap sommeliers and get their services.

they looked for the famous Sommelier Cilan! I think that is the difference and that usually don't kidnap people!

Really not interesting! But maybe the ep will be funny ! :( and still hoping for a great battle! :D

Pinot Noir's little... butt thrust... thing... x_x

damselindistress.png

I....

I think I love this episode.

Haha, poor Dent's literally being dragged into all of this. The more scenes I see from this episode the more I am wanting to watch it.

Dent has a heightened sense of smell? He's able to sniff other people's aromas. Now I really want Dent to get a dog-based Pokémon.

Now I will question Momocchi's eyes; I can't tell which part of the eyes are her irises and which part are her pupils. Those are "making a cute face" eyes not normal eyes. Also I didn't need to see a butt-shake from Pinot Noir during his Tasting Time sequence, glad Dent's not that over-eccentric.

It doesn't look like we'll find out about Dent's Choroneko incident in this episode, but I don't really mind. This is a fun and cute episode with some out-of-context moments which focuses on Dent as a Pokémon Sommelier. Unless the incident was something brief like a Choroneko scratched Dent when stealing something from him when he was young. The Pokémon Sommelier focus (the talent Dent wants to improve) is enough to satisfy me.

I have a high feeling I will be doing a lot of posting in the Caption the Screenshots thread after this episode airs.....

Dent has a heightened sense of smell? He's able to sniff other people's aromas. Now I really want Dent to get a dog-based Pokémon.
Yeah, that'd be cool. It's a shame that Cilan's never been associated with a dog-based Pokémon before in any continuity -- uh, never mind. But seriously, the writers coulda done that. And hey, we could've ended up with a Lillipup vs. Purrloin fight.

Isn't a bit stupid just because this girl is rich or something she gets to choose her Poke so early on!? And they need 2 Sommeliers to choose!
The girl is even younger than Max! XD bad writing writers!

I think Momochi's eyes actually are the "making a cute face" ones, since she's supposed to be the episode's "super-totally-cute-and-innocent" young character.

Doesn't make her any less creepy-looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom