• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW081: Tesseed Research Institute! Iris and Baivanilla!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/program/de...205311900.html

Cast listed:

Satoshi... Rica Matsumoto
Pikachu... Ikue Ohtani
Dent... Mamoru Miyano
Iris... Aoi Yuki
Kibago... Minami Tsuda
Chaoboo... Wasabi Mizuta
Mijumaru... Misato Fukuen
Tabunne... Megumi Hayashibara
Emonga... Mika Kanai
Doryuzu... Kiyotaka Furushima
Tunbear... Kenta Miyake
Joy... Chika Fujimura
Junsar... Chiaki Takahashi
Marble... Masashi Hirose
Clay... Takuya Satou
Narrator... Unsho Ishizuka

Last edited:
"Marble" and "Crei" makes me think they're nicknames for Pokemon.

Maybe the two Vanilluxe heads each have their own names? 0.0

It's that horrible moment again, when you realise that the majority of multi-headed pokemon are two or more individuals who are forced to share the same body for the rest of their lives.

If you were a Vanillish, why the hell would you want to evolve?

If they are nicknamed, that seems like the nail-in-the-coffin for Iris getting it, along with it not appearing in any merchandise or Best Wishes 2 stuff.

A shame, because I was growing fond of the idea of it on the team.

With Full credit to Dephender, These are the summaries of this episode.

"As Satoshi and his friends head towards the harbor, they happen upon the Dragon Buster Langley and the "Blizzard Pokémon" Baivanilla. Langley tells them she's currently on her way to the Tesseed Laboratories in order to acquire "moss that enhances Pokémon's abilities". Satoshi and his friends find this interesting, and head to the laboratory together with Langley, where the aforementioned "moss that enhances Pokémon's abilities" is created from rocks and stones taken into the body of the "Thorn Seed Pokémon" Tesseed.

Suddenly, a large mass of moss emerges from the room where an experiment to create moss from Electric Stones ("Chargestones") was being conducted! The laboratory ends up completely covered!! Satoshi and the others quickly escape the place, but Iris, Kibago and Mijumaru end up left behind on the laboratory roof! And Baivanilla, being an Ice type, which Iris is uncomfortable with, is on the roof with them as well...!? Iris shakes in fear at both the approaching moss and Baivanilla...! What will happen now!?

Last edited:
So Baivanira seems to be Langley's!! ^^

It would be awesome if Langley thanked Iris for protecting Baivanira and vice-versa after this is all said and done. So, that's the third Pokemon Langley had in her ownership it seems. How awesome XD

Please catch Teshiddo, Langley!

Well, I didn't really expect Iris to catch Vanilluxe, but neither did I expect Georgia to own it. However, I'm glad that she got a new Pokémon, especially when it's an Ice-type. I was expecting her to catch a Ferroseed though, but hopefully she'll catch that one, too.

Excited for Iris now, she will surely have a rather hard time on that roof with Vanilluxe. She might feel slightly more comfortable with Oshawott with her though, that guy does have the tendancy to lighten up people's mood. Or, she might just get more worried with him by her side... Regardless, the two of them co-operating with Vanilluxe in order to escape will hopefully prove to be entertaining. I'm curious to see how Iris is actually going to bring herself to trust Vanilluxe.

Aw man, disappointment. :(

This episode sounds a lot like the Bouffalant episode with Iris being forced to hang out with other character's Pokemon, which isn't too bad because that episode was fun. Plus, the Midge' is here. And Vanilluxe seems like a fun Pokemon, too.

Well, we finally get to see another one of Georgia's pokemon, and it's an Ice-type to boot. However, I am surprised that the writers are willing to give Georgia a pokemon in the same evolutionary line as a pokemon belonging to another recurring character/rival (Trip's Vanillite). I guess this is the price that must be paid when there are only three non-legendary Ice pokemon families in Gen V.

It's that horrible moment again, when you realise that the majority of multi-headed pokemon are two or more individuals who are forced to share the same body for the rest of their lives.

If you were a Vanillish, why the hell would you want to evolve?

Who wouldn't like a buddy to hang out with all the time? Who wouldn't like a hole in the head that emits some kind of icy gas every few minutes?

Damn, Vanilluxe really is a freak of nature... Maybe it begs Iris to kill it at the roof top ( because it doesn't want to live in this state anymore ) and by finally killing an ice type with her bare hands she learns to cope with her fear of those in the end?

Why aren't I a writer again?

I wonder how much of Ferroseed is actually seen in this episode. I am no fan of it ( although I like its creepy evo ), but it would be kinda sad to only see it in the background most of the time.

"Marble" and "Crei" makes me think they're nicknames for Pokemon.

Maybe the two Vanilluxe heads each have their own names? 0.0

Marble? They turned a human into a Pokemon?

Marble.png

Did my eyes deceive me in the preview or is Mijumaru in love with Baivanilla? I don't usually like Mijumaru, but I'm intrigued at how he'll be handled in this one. Baivanilla looks to be funny and Langley's there, so yeah, there's those to look forward to in this episode I guess.

Seeing the preview I highly doubt Vanilluxe belongs to Georgia. It looks like Iris is commanding it at one point. But you know, they like to rearrange clips to make you think one thing...

Did my eyes deceive me in the preview or is Mijumaru in love with Baivanilla?
With Vanilluxe not liking the attention at all with the death stare it gave Oshawott, it's amazing how evil an ice cream can look. TV Tokyo's YouTube page doesn't have the preview uploaded yet but flib.de does.
6ELhO.jpg

kEquk.jpg

Boring Iris episode as always! The only thing that makes me look forward this episode is Oshawott maybe learning a Ice type move!? cause I doubt Vaniluxe can defeat all this grass alone! :D

...What the hell, Oshawott.

Is there anything you don't want to hump?

Well, it is springtime, after all..

But going for a two-headed ice cream monster. Would that count as a threesome?

This episode looks like one of those suspense and adventurous episodes, that's really cool to see since we don't get too many eps in BW like that. I'm excited for this episode, I usually enjoy her episodes(may not be the popular trend XD) because of development, flashbacks, or emotion in her character or battles. This is defiantly a development one XD.

-Iris narration is capital. :p

-Iris and Langley hanging around watching the Tesshido is a nice perk, they aren't arguing as much as they usually do really shows they have both matured in that regard.

-So, the anime really can make any Pokemon looks cute. Tesshido being a prime example. Nice to see Tsunderebear again. Langley needs to catch a Tesshido, I'm serious.

-Iris and Langley teaming up! I'm pretty sure Baivanilla is Langley's, Baivanilla and Iris just got stuck on the roof together so Baivanilla is working with Iris and listening to her. But, that scene where she's ordering Baivanilla paralleling Langley and her Tsunbear is nice.

-Baivanilla looks nice, improved appreciation for the species.

-Mijumaru and Kibago look adorable. Iris too. Baivanilla chasing Kibago is cute, but Mijumaru wants Baivanilla XD That's one fast otter. Seriously lusting over a dual headed Ice-type? XD

-I really like how throughout the preview Iris looks scared out of her wits and she's really afraid. But, she has to overcome her fear or else she and Baivanilla won't pull through. She's being forced into a situation by the circumstances, she really has to get out her comfort zone because if she doesn't that's it for the city and it'll be covered by the kutzu-ish moss. The stakes are high, she's struggling, and she's really in a nasty situation, it would be selfish to not try to cooperate with Baivanilla if not for the city but also for the Tesshido's, Satoshi-Tachi's, and the civilian's sake so she's "forced" to get over her fear, ready or not Iris is going to have to attack the situation head on. Especially when this moss is impervious to everything but Ice-type moves and that Baivanilla is going to be her salvation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom