• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW081: Tesseed Research Institute! Iris and Baivanilla!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
BW081: Tesseed Research Institute! Iris and Baivanilla!!

http://www.dotup.org/uploda/www.dotup.org2880694.jpg

---

"""Black box text: Iris' challenge!! Overcome the fear of Ice-Types!
Aspiring to be a Dragon Master, Iris is weak to Ice-Type Pokemon. She also disdains cold places, but.....

A huge incident occurs at the Tesshido research facility. By accident, the moss that Tesshido created has spread thoughout the city. If it can't be put under control quickly, it will escalate....

Furthermore, Iris is trapped on the research facility's roof! Iris teams up with Baibanira!?Escape from the approaching moss!

Iris' Pokemon are in a huge pinch due to the approaching moss. At that moment, the Baibanira that was together with Iris launches an attack that wipes out the moss!

The moss can be crystallized and broken with Ice-type techniques!  With Ice-type moves, they can stand up to the moss!  

Iris works together with the Baibanira she dislikes so much!

Iris' rival Langley works together with her Tsunbear, to lend assistance!"""

Last edited:
Re: BW081: Ferroseed and Vanilluxe

Heh looks like Langley is back. Other than that, it looks like Iris is comfortable next to Vanilluxe in one shot, and horrified in another.

From what I can tell Lanlgey, and Iris team up to take care of w/e Ferroseed has done to the town. Hopefully the rivalry will actually go somewhere in this episode, but that might be expecting too much.

Last edited:

Seems like a rather average filler. I guess Iris might get over her ice fear in this episode...not that it makes any sense really.

Seems like a rather average filler. I guess Iris might get over her ice fear in this episode...not that it makes any sense really.

Georgia is returning and you also thought the Durant and Tirtouga episodes would be fillers...so I don't see any point to you thinking will be a filler.

Nice to see Oshawott here.

Looks like they're wrapping up Iris' character. Between her getting over her ice fear, her and Georgia working together...and leading up to the 8th Gym, it almost feels like the writers are tying up loose ends as if she's about to leave the show.

I know she likely won't, but it seems like we're getting there.

The text at the bottom of the pages wonders if Iris will start to like Ice types. Sounds like a good opportunity for progress on that front.

Okay , I have one question
What's up with Oshawott & Vanilluxe ?

Oshawott is holding onto one of Vanniluxe's icicle.

Yeah, but I think he means, why?

Maybe Oshawott thought Vanilluxe was a huge ice cream cone and then found out it was a Pokemon, so he decided to become friends with it. Or Ash used Oshawott to help out and Oshawott got tire, so he decided to rest there.

Nice to see Langley outside of a tournament. Maybe we'll get some more character development for her, too?

I never thought Iris being afraid of Ice types was that big of a part of her character. At the time, it seemed like something she had just mentioned in passing to emphasize her connection with Dragon types and that she was over reacting a bit. I'm curious to see what changes her mind, though. Besides finding out that Dragon types are also weak to other Dragon types

Final post of the day for me!

LAstly again, if you put in the 1st post, please don't copy/paste, I'd rather you insert the quote and remove the extraneous non-summary parts.

Please AND THANK YOU.

"""Black box text: Iris' challenge!! Overcome the fear of Ice-Types!
Aspiring to be a Dragon Master, Iris is weak to Ice-Type Pokemon. She also disdains cold places, but.....

A huge incident occurs at the Tesshido research facility. By accident, the moss that Tesshido created has spread thoughout the city. If it can't be put under control quickly, it will escalate....

Furthermore, Iris is trapped on the research facility's roof! Iris teams up with Baibanira!?Escape from the approaching moss!

Iris' Pokemon are in a huge pinch due to the approaching moss. At that moment, the Baibanira that was together with Iris launches an attack that wipes out the moss!

The moss can be crystallized and broken with Ice-type techniques!  With Ice-type moves, they can stand up to the moss!  

Iris works together with the Baibanira she dislikes so much!

Iris' rival Langley works together with her Tsunbear, to lend assistance!"""

I agree that it's nice to see Langley appearing outside a tournament episode. It's something that was well overdue imo, and that goes for Cabernet too. I hope she teases Iris about her ice type fear, especially since this is a giant happy smiling ice cream she's going to be afraid of. I mean, c'mon, who could resist?

Also, to get this out of the way; Iris getting the ice cream as a new team mate? I mean, it does just come out of nowhere, seems to be be unusually friendly towards her and is assumed to help her get over her ice fear.

I'm glad we're seeing Georgia again, though I'm kinda worried because she won't have Bel or Cabernet to play off against and most of her funny scenes came from there. Also, not really feeling this episode because Iris' fear of Ice types was never a big thing, was never something that prevented her from doing anything, an obstacle in and out of itself, so it kinda feels pointless to waste an episode on this like it's some huge part of her character.

Put me in the camp that is excited to see Langley outside of a tournament arc. I've liked her interactions in the tournaments, but with the other characters they were never the focus, so I hope this episode will make time for them to be focused on.

I'm feeling neutral on Iris and Baivanilla; I think that her bonding/working with an Ice type will allow her to be a bit more reasonable around them as well as just get to study them a bit more. They're strong against Dragon types so I think it makes sense to gain more knowledge about them so that she can try to counter them. Plus as least it isn't something that is seemingly abandoned (Emonga and disobeying comes to mind). It's something.

I am just glad that Iris finally gets another episode again. It doesn't do the character justice to give her an episode every two to three months.

I am also excited that a non-Bianca rival character appears in an episode OTHER than competing in a major tournament. It's a shame that Georgia is not seen using any new pokemon, but since her Beartic is already an Ice-type, she doesn't need to use anything else. Let's hope Beartic knows some new attacks to compensate for appearing again.

Also, not really feeling this episode because Iris' fear of Ice types was never a big thing, was never something that prevented her from doing anything, an obstacle in and out of itself, so it kinda feels pointless to waste an episode on this like it's some huge part of her character.

Iris's fear of Ice-type pokemon hasn't been explored in much detail, but that is only because there are a very few number of Ice-types in the series. Unlike Misty's fear of Bug-type pokemon, a pokemon type that was actually very common in Gen I and in the Kanto arc, Iris is afraid of a pokemon type that only has seven individual Unova pokemon (six not including the Kyurem in the film). There was never really an opportunity for the writers to explore this fear too much because of the limitations with using the Unova pokemon the BW anime.

It was still adequate enough, though. Iris was shown to be afraid of every single Ice-type pokemon that she came into contact with so far (Vanillite in BW031, Beartic in BW033, Beartic again in BW046, Vanillite and Vanillish in BW057, and Vanilluxe here). The majority of those pokemon were either wild or belonged to recurring characters/COTDs. There was nothing that Iris could have done in any of these situations other than cower and run away.

I'm glad Iris' fear of Ice-types is finally being explored! Now if only they did this with Kasumi's fear of Bug-types when they had the chance...

Iris's Vanilluxe!

Calling it now.

Also,G-E-O-R-G-I-A!

And her big cold teddy!

And Ferroseed? FINALLY!

MUST WATCH VIA KEYHOLE...

Iris' thought process in this episode:
1WH09.jpg

Iris focus AND Georgia. Someone must've heard me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom