• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW082 - Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we know that the Metal-Tyranitar will appear in the anime, I am hoping that Ash and co. will attempt to fight it in the same "hero" attire that the player character is wearing when he or she battles it in the games.

Funny how this is the first ep to show BW2 stuff but its part of the first series.

Funny how this is the first ep to show BW2 stuff but its part of the first series.

I mean not really. It just seems they're using Brycen to transition between the two since he seems to have more involvement in the sequels. I don't think the whole second series will be a vast change. Just a different opening hopefully, though I would we have already heard about that by now if one were coming out in June?

THANK YOU YONEMURA!

I was sorta expecting this, but still, f**k yeah man. Given Gobitto evolves to Goloog, this gives me more hope for Luke appearing in the league.

Iris getting Baivanilla, I already said why I was OK with this. But yeah, at this point, all the main girls have Ice-types now, except Kasumi if you don't count Jugon as a part of her team. Kinda creepy, but given contests are returning at least briefly, that's sorta expected.

Edit: Though joking aside, Iris getting an Ice-type is also to probably fit in with the Tao Trio thing(Electric- Emolga, Ice-Baivanilla). I wonder if she will get a Fire-type too.

Last edited:
No, the Vanilluxe picture is from the previous episode...it's a mistake that they used the picture for the summary of this episode, especially since the picture perfectly matches up to that episode and we didn't get a summary of it. So there's no confirmation of that.

DAMMIT. Now Masaomi HAS to return, or I'm calling inconsistency of indirect tourney rival puffery/complaint s**tstorm when he fails to appear, since he's Luke's Don George-Run tournament counterpart, and now "DESERVES" to appear again...

Luke should have rotted in that old theater where he belongs...

From this month's issue of CoroCoro Comics:

pokewood.png

Wow, the Pokemon world has amazing technology and special effects. You can't even tell Golurk's a robot. Oh wait...

I'm really looking forward to this ep. I'm interested to see how this robot performs in comparison to Team Rocket's machines. Will it move fast? Will it be clunky?

pokewood.png

It's Jet Jaguar Vs. MechaGodzilla!

My kaiju sense is tingling...Godzilla, Mothra, Rodan, and, though they aren't in the same universe...GAMERA and ULTRAMAN!

Let's hope a Blastoise, Torkoal, or Carracosta plays the role of the Gamera equivalent in another film, since Golurk is obviously Jet Jaguar here!

This episode just got 20% cooler...

Wow, the Pokemon world has amazing technology and special effects. You can't even tell Golurk's a robot. Oh wait...

I'm really looking forward to this ep. I'm interested to see how this robot performs in comparison to Team Rocket's machines. Will it move fast? Will it be clunky?

I hope it IS a Team Rocket mecha.

Hmmm....for a society that has mastered, at least rudimentary forms of teleportation, it seems they still have a way to go special effects and prop wise in the movie business.....

....still looks better than Michael Bay's transformers movies though.:XD2:

Also, I'm hoping that Luke actually hit it off with his battle documentary, and he's directing this. I mean, I know some of us were a bit tepid to Luke's character, but who wouldn't love to see his career take off because of Ash and the gang?

From the official site:
120515_a01_pic04.jpg

That tears it. This episode will be epic beyond belief. (C'mon Golurk! Kick that thing's skidplate! It's nothing more than a pile of reject parts compared to you!)

Though I am forced to wonder: Is that Mecha part of the movie or from TR? Is that Golurk Luke's? Will I even give two slags about what may or may not happen to Zorua in this ep? On that last one, survey sez--I won't. I'll be too busy making eyes at that insanely awesome Golurk to even care about Zorua. :-D

Looks like a pretty awesome robot. I wouldn't be surprised if Team Rocket tried to steal it, only to find out that it isn't nearly as impressive in real life as it came off in the movies.

Unless the background is a green screen, I have to say that this Golurk is huge. There's no other way for a pokemon that is a little bit over nine feet tall can stand over that forest as if it was nothing.

On another note, the animation in this episode seems to be top-notch.

On another note, the animation in this episode seems to be top-notch.

Which is strange considering Izumi Shimura, is the animation director for this ep. Not to say he/she is bad at his/her job, but that pic does look really nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom