• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW082 - Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Title: 映画対決!出撃イッシュ防衛隊!! | Movie Showdown! Sortie, Isshu Defense Group!!
Airing on: June 7, 2012
Source: Newtype

Screenplay : Shōji Yonemura
Storyboard : Ken'ichi Nishida
Assistant director: Ken'ichi Nishida
Animation director: Izumi Shimura

Known events:
* Luke and Zorua to return.

nvodg5.png

Summary, translation thanks to @jda95:
Satoshi and friends arrive in a port city with a gym" (what the hell there's a gym there?) The town has had a movie studio since long ago and recently an amusement park was completed. The group meets Luke who is visiting to participate in a movie contest and they help in the making of his film.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW082 - Movie Showdown

Movie Showdown! Sortie, Unova Defense Group! (Look it up if you don't know what a sortie is)

Movie Showdown?

(Checks summary)

Yay, Luke's coming back!

Luke's back? Well, as long as they don't put Zorua and Bianca in the same room together ever again I guess I'm okay with that.

The film studio shown in this B2/W2 trailer makes me think that it would be a good idea to make Luke, a character who loves films, return.

I'm glad that the writers have shared the same thought. Can't wait for ROBOTYRANITAR.

The film studio shown in this B2/W2 trailer makes me think that it would be a good idea to make Luke, a character who loves films, return.

I'm glad that the writers have shared the same thought. Can't wait for ROBOTYRANITAR.

Where was it said that the film studio appearance was confirmed?

so 2 possible BW2 teamed eps! And this could mean we are going to the SouthWest part of Unova!

but better let us stay withe the facts ! and this means Luke is reappearing! YEAAHHHHHHHH! Fingers crossed for a battle against Zorua!

I'm surprised that they're actually bringing Luke back, and I'm even more surprised that his Zorua didn't evolve into that overrated pile of- er, I mean Zoroark during the time he last appeared and now.

Attempt in translation (not very accurate):

Arriving at a port city, Ash and company meets Luke and Zorua again. He says that he is making a movie for a film competition, so they decided to help him.

BW2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Port city!

Goes to show you just how much the writers know things before we do, for all these who still had any doubts
They obviously created Luke in order to use him as a way to feature the movie thing from BW2 games in the anime
I also won't be surprised if Zorua will evolve in this ep, to get the "feature Zoroark in an episode" out of the way... and if it won't happen, it'll probably be saved for Luke's next appearance
Now I also wonder about how some people speculated the "anime only" badges may actually be badges from BW2 - it could be awesome

Thus the B2W2 advertising begins.

If they are in the south west portion of Unova, then I don't think we're going to see Opelucid for a while...

Goes to show you just how much the writers know things before we do, for all these who still had any doubts
They obviously created Luke in order to use him as a way to feature the movie thing from BW2 games in the anime.

I don't think we can say that for certain. Though, perhaps they did know quite a bit about BW2 before Best Wishes aired.

*shrugs*

Title: 映画対決!出撃イッシュ防衛隊!! |
Airing on: June 7, 2012
Source: Newtype

nvodg5.png

Proper translation needed.

Edit: Luke and Zorua to return.
Hey , @투 애니원 can you help ?
Please !
I wonder if this movie is about the ''wonder launcher'' movie series we saw in '' Movie Time! Zorua in "The Legend of the Pokémon Knight"!. !
Let see, Ash ketchum starting as new movie protagonist for ''Wonder launcher'' series !
I like that !

Huh, Luke's back. I was hoping he'd be back earlier. Better late than never, I guess.

You know, Zoroa could just transform as other people and sabotage the other films. That would be an interesting way for Luke to win the competition.

I really, really, really hope this episode involves Ash and Co. dressing up as Sentai Heroes.

And yeah, I was wondering the other day about Luke and the new Pokemon Movie mini-game thing...I'd chalk this up on coincidence, perhaps, since I think Luke's role as a movie maker was related to his episode airing around (originally, before the Earthquake, it would have aired right before) when Movie 14 was coming out, like how we got a movie-based episode before the original movie with Lights, Camera, Quacktion, and how before Deoxys aired we got that Camerupt Movie episode. So yeah, not entirely convinced the writers made Luke with information on the new B2/W2 feature.

Still, it's nice to see them bring him back for it as opposed to creating an entirely new character, so no big deal. :)

[although I wonder if Pokemon Special having White as a movie-maker, of sorts, was also based off preliminary information on what Black 2 and White 2 would entail]

I bet Brycen will show up in this episode.

Anyway, I'm glad Luke & Zorua show up again, I really like them.

It would be great if they would do the same thing like they did in the Camerupt episode with the Pokémon Reburst manga instead of Pocket Monsters.

I wonder what the June 21 episode will be about, which will air two days before the games' release date. Will Hiougi City be covered then or a bit later? Which characters will be featured?

[although I wonder if Pokemon Special having White as a movie-maker, of sorts, was also based off preliminary information on what Black 2 and White 2 would entail]
Hidenori Kusaka definitely had no prior knowledge of B2W2. He is going to have a hard time dealing with the new player characters.

I can see Brycen in this episode. Luke the director and Brycen the actor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom