• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A two parter? There wasn't any indication of this being a two-parter, right? I would've thought, if anything, the start of the next season would be a two parter instead.
It was previously revealed that there would be a two-parter on the 14th, but only now has it been confirmed that both parts will revolve around the gym battle.

Blurb: 8コ目のバッジゲットのためにタチワキジムに来たサトシ。どくタイプのポケモンを使うジムリーダーの
ホミカに大苦戦!?

I suppose it's possible that the events in the Vanilluxe episode somehow prevented them from continuing to Opelucid. This, in turn, would cause them to divert to Homika's town.

Blurb: 8コ目のバッジゲットのためにタチワキジムに来たサトシ。どくタイプのポケモンを使うジムリーダーの
ホミカに大苦戦!?
I translated that on Google Translate, (because, well, I can't read Japanese), and it said something about Ash coming to get the eighth badge from Homika. So I really, really hope Ash loses this battle so that he can battle Drayden as the eighth gym leader instead.

Thanks to Chao and SM: "In order to get his eighth badge, Satoshi arrives at Tachiwaki Gym. There, he meets the Poison-type Gym Leader Homika."

I suppose it's possible that the events in the Vanilluxe episode somehow prevented them from continuing to Opelucid. This, in turn, would cause them to divert to Homika's town.

This. I can definitely see this happening.

Well then, at least Iris should be happy about them going to Homika's gym instead. After all, she didn't feel to comfortable with going to Opelucid City to meet up with Drayden again, so this should be a huge relief for her.

I'm starting to agree with the idea of this being Ash's final badge, though it is weird they mentioned Opelucid as the next Gym in that case, but I guess it could be just to give us that Iris hint for what will happen there later
Thinking about it, it'd be very nice if Ash doesn't have anything to do with Drayden, while Iris will get all the attention and full focus in the Opelucid eps - she deserves to get at least that
Also, just like East Unova could be a good training arc for Ash to prepare for the League, maybe Iris will also finally take things more seriously, after she was "reminded" of Drayden, and will use this arc to have some trainings herself and possibly finally evolve Axew (I wonder if having Piplup around for the East Unova arc will make them more comfortable with evolving Axew and letting it lose its mascot status, though I'm not sure how that will get solved after the East Unova arc is over, unless they'd be content with just Pika from there on... or Iris gets a new mascot-like Poké)

I want him to face more gyms! I'm sure he will get Drayden's badge as well! The 8th-or last gym was always the strongest with great fights. at the end he won't enter the League before he defeats Drayden! :D

For this battle I see it be a major one as well! and he will get the badge so he can participate in the WTJuniorC!

So is there any hint elsewhere of where Tachiwaki Town/City is? There seems to be an unbelievable amount of travelling set for these next few episodes to be able to get Ash both to a convenient Gym that's probably in the south west and then all the way over east to start a new arc.

Fierce Fighting again? How exactly will a battle against a Koffing get fierce?

Well they take a plane to the east so getting over there won't be a problem. I guess Tachiwaki is near to where they'll be in the movie episode?

I guess Tachiwaki is near to where they'll be in the movie episode?
Which we know is near a port. I think it's obvious that Tachiwaki is the port city in south-western Unova. I don't see why the writers would make Homika move her gym to an anime-exclusive city; the distance issue isn't a real problem.

Moe said:
Fierce Fighting again? How exactly will a battle against a Koffing get fierce?
She could use Pokémon that she doesn't have in the games (at least not at first), like a Drapion for instance. That Koffing might even evolve, or it is just a mascot Pokémon for her band.

It could be nice if somehow she'd have an Ekans too (and maybe also make both it and Koffing evolve?)
They do love their Kanto references this series... but I guess that's unlikely
What does seem very likely is that her main Pokémon will be Scolipede

I bet the city is the one in the mountain in east unova you know the one with the plane in it

This is really a very interesting and unprecidented situation. It is rather odd and it seems the writers will have problems no matter what course they take. If Ash wins his 8th badge here, then he'll no longer have any reason to have an official battle with Drayden and/or Iris at the later gym, which would be pretty dissapointing after some of the buildup we've had, and be a let down in that they're suddenly diverging from the first set of games that BW was supposed to be following. And I know they *kinda* did this before with the Juan/Wallace switch, but that at least was still the same gym in the same city. On the other hand, it would be out of character for Ash to challenge a gym leader and lose and then *not* have a rematch, so it seems that the writers have put themselves ina corner ^^. But who knows, maybe something weird will happen where it turns out that Homika's badge doesn't actually qualify him for the Unova league (maybe she isn't certified yet, and doesn't tell him? ^^). Or she could have some strict rule about no rematches. Or something else completely out of the blue that convinces the kids to just move onto the next gym?? I don't know. I will really be surprised if he *does* win his legitimate 8th badge here, just because I'd never expect the writers would give up having Ash legitimately challenge Drayden just to rush an 8th badge win with one of the new leaders.

^ for all we know the arc in eastern unova could be longer than anticipated. that may be why thier doing this.

It could be nice if somehow she'd have an Ekans too (and maybe also make both it and Koffing evolve?)
They do love their Kanto references this series... but I guess that's unlikely
What does seem very likely is that her main Pokémon will be Scolipede

Granted the whole Weezing Arbok thing would only have real merit if TR showed up during the battle and saw them...wonder if it would jolt thier memories of them.

I actually dig this twist on things.

What if Ash gets more badges like how his rivals always do.

Granted the whole Weezing Arbok thing would only have real merit if TR showed up during the battle and saw them...wonder if it would jolt thier memories of them.

They don't have to see them, it'd just be something nice to old fans and another Kanto reference

regardless I like this curve ball for several reasons. 1st of all Dragon types are generally overated and overpowered most of the time in the anime, just because it seems exciting for Ash or someone else to face them doesn't mean it always is the case(and at the moment I don't believe he's really well equipped to face Drayden anyway.), Poison on the other hand is an underated element that to this day not one of them other than Drapion has really shown the true strengths and skills of that element. Between the two when you sit down and think about it, having Ash face down poison for his last badge would be more intresting because it's a type we rarely ever see battle on high standards, dragons always get high standard fights, so the outcome is predictable and boring even if Ash wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom