• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if she's only using 3 because she only has 3. With other GLs it's never been stated I think if the few pokemon they use are the only ones they have. She does look sorta young, so I wonder if she just doesn't have that many pokemon yet. Though I guess to get the position you'd need to be an established trainer and thus probably have more than 3 pokemon.

Maybe she's just a leader in training and doesn't actually have the badge to give away but just says she does.

If anything like that may be the case, I'd like to see some interaction between her and Dent what with him having gone through whatever the process was to become a GL.

I don't think it would say he's going after his 8th badge if it was a situation like that.

Watch Ash lose half his team to the Koffing.

I actually suspected this. We can't be so sure that Ash will win given the Smack down Trip gave him in their second.

This is what I believe. The writers almost always have pokemon that should be weak wind up incredibly strong. Most likely Koffing will be a powerhouse in disguise and a shocked Ash will lose half his team to it.

They do this all the time. Elesa did it with her weakest pokemon, there was that strongest Magikarp filler back in DP, etc.

I wonder if Homika will be allowed to switch?

Having it set up so it takes Ash's entire team to beat the "last gym leader", when in the past he hasn't needed such a set-up almost makes Ash's team seem...weak.

Last edited:
I wonder if we'll see Palpitoad finally...

And I predict the move Sludge Wave debuts here.

i wonder if she has a Drapion :p we all know how destructive those things have been shown to be. Though if she does hopefully they'll flashback to Paul's.

Ash might have ground types with actual ground moves this time, but i bet they'll be the first to die. ^_^

I predict that Toxic Spikes will be part of Homika's strategy, but I hope that a Tentacruel will use it. Ash has never battled one of those.

Tentacruel hs a standing fee, though...

I predict, in addition to Koffing:
Golbat Or Crobat/Grimer/Seviper
Scolipede/unrevealed in New Unova Dex.

if the writers wanted to be truely evil, they'd give her a Chlorphyll Venusaur lol.

Meh, I still predict Ash will wipe the floor with her - just she will set that rule at the start to try and throw off his tactics.

From my perspective this just feeds in to an overall picture of someone who is a reckless gym leader with Ash set to put her straight - setting up a Gym in an area with fairly new trainers and usually getting wins against weak opponents to the point of overconfidence, resulting in her needing a smashing from Ash.

She is promoting the games - and she's an early Gym leader in them, she shouldn't have a level of strength that offers a genuine challenge to an experienced trainer. If Ash actually needs more than three to win, he doesn't deserve the badge and certainly doesn't deserve to then go on a regional quest that could see him face the Elite four. The last badge should be a show of his strength, not scraping through thanks to unbalanced battle rules.

Ok something is definetly not right here. Not only do they change the final gym to a considerably weaker looking opponent, but they change the battle rules so Ash is challenging her with twice as many Mons, giving him a massive advantage. I dont buy it. This cant be how Ash gets the final badge

UgD1g.jpg

The gym battle is going to be 6 (Satoshi) vs 3 (Homika).

No way is he losing this.

This is sort of amusing :p

Though I wonder if Sato using 6 is a method to make Homika look stronger by the writers. I don't personally mind Homika being used for the 8th leader myself as long as they make it a challenging gym battle.

I hope Ash's team is all the Reserves.

Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore, Krokorok (he can lose since he just got a Gym Battle), and Unfezant all together would be neat. There's one spot left, so I guess throw in Pikachu as expected.

how weak is Ash when he needs 6 for her 3 Pokes? they are really making him look bad, now I hope he looses really bad! And 5 of his Pokes get beat by KOFFING! Pikachu can win 2 he should be strong?

how weak are the other GL than when Ash beat there 3 with 3! ?

SCANDALOUS

Seems like they are making this a 6 v 3 to compensate for Ash not battling Drayden. Making Homika out to be a powerful battler. Honestly though, I just have a hard time seeing a Scolipede as Ash's final obstacle before the League. So, I'm still kinda meh on the idea of this being the last gym.

If this was a straight power battle, I imagine it be over in the first part. I'm guessing Homika abuses status effects to throw Ash off. But, having it set-up were it takes Ash's entire team to beat a gym leader...just makes his team seem weak.

Okay yeah, the 6 vs 3 thing only makes Ash look pathetic. That there is a ridiculous handicap, even if Homika's Koffing turns out to be an uber beast. I can accept the standard handicap of not allowing the Gym Leader to exchange Pokemon, but this not how an eighth gym battle should be. You just don't make your (supposedly) final gym battle -the final testament to Ash's abilities before the Unova League - catered for Ash to bag an almost-assured win. This gimmick only justifies why this battle will be a two-parter.

Based on Ash's sub-par performance for the majority of the series (where his good moments are heavily outnumbered by his bad moments), this move indirectly tells me that Ash is nowhere near ready for a League and really not qualified to take on a proper 8th gym, so to compensate for Ash's regressed character development, they're pulling a Don Battle stunt like they did for Iris in her final battle versus Ash and stacking him with an unnecessary amount of buffers to compensate for his lacking skill.

Really, the majority of Ash's BW gym battles have been disappointing in one way or another, even if there were good moments in some of them. Overall the result was mediocre to godawful, not to mention almost half of Ash's gym battles had an evolution occur that served to justify a win Ash otherwise wouldn't have deserved. So giving Ash a handicap of this magnitude in his eighth gym battle? Not cool. Not cool at all.

I imagine the saving grace of these episodes will hopefully be Homika herself, but no matter how good she may be as a character, that's not going to change the bullshit gym battle scenario.

Masurao said:
Actually since the episode "Scraggy and the Demanding Gothita!", Ash badge case indentations were changed to a bunch of ovals.

So they actually retconned the badge case to justify this happening.

BW, is it too much to ask to actually stay consistent with your own canon, nevermind the canon established from previous series?

Bullshit, all of this.

Last edited:
Is it confirmed that Satoshi isn't going to battle Shaga for his 8th badge...I mean they said they will go to Soryu City for the last badge...

So they actually retconned the badge case to justify this happening.

BW, is it too much to ask to actually stay consistent with your own canon, nevermind the canon established from previous series?

Bullshit, all of this.
To be honest, lazy animators seems like a much more likely cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom