• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
UgD1g.jpg

The gym battle is going to be 6 (Satoshi) vs 3 (Homika).

No way is he losing this.
Writer must really love to Insult Ash .
Even if he Win , It won't be Fair or fun !
And if he Lose, It will look bad on him .
Why does they blame Ash for their sloppy Writing !
Seriously ,
They could Ash lose in the 1st episode and then let him win in Next episode !
Why doesn't They just follow the Easy & Better way ?

I don't see the Icirrus gym Pokes being used! So Scraggy, Waruvile and Pignite are out! Maybe Pignite is IN!

But Oshawott, Pikachu, Unefezant, Boldore, Leavanny(or Snivy are in) and Palpitoad are in!
I want a powerful bug type move for Leavanny her! X scissors or BugBuzzz!

Yeah, this "Gym Battle" has to have a catch...somehow, it has to have a catch, or having Ash win the final badge here is, as Shinneth said, BULLSHIT, and, I might add, a deliberate derailing of the story in the middle JUST TO PROMOTE B2W2.

I guess Tsunekaz Ishihara finally said:"SCREW BW079/81'S CLEARLY COMMUNICATED CHOICE OF GYM, AND THE ESTABLISHED ORDER, WE WANT TO HYPE B2W2 EVEN MORE!", even though there's enough hype already.

I'm not sure why anyone would want Satoshi to lose this. Some of you are saying 6 vs. 3 makes him look bad, but wouldn't losing when you have such an advantage just make him look worse?

Yeah, this "Gym Battle" has to have a catch...somehow, it has to have a catch, or having Ash win the final badge here is, as Shinneth said, BULLSHIT, and, I might add, a deliberate derailing of the story in the middle JUST TO PROMOTE B2W2.

I guess Tsunekaz Ishihara finally said:"SCREW BW079/81'S CLEARLY COMMUNICATED CHOICE OF GYM, AND THE ESTABLISHED ORDER, WE WANT TO HYPE B2W2 EVEN MORE!"

THIS! IS! SHOPRO!!:complain:

Last edited:
Did it occur to any of you (who are complaining about the uneven match-up) that Homika ONLY has 3 Pokemon?

Look I don't like the match-up either, a 6 vs 4 would've much more feasible. But.....There's only 3 Poison lines, and only 7 poison types (overall) in Unova. Koffing is one past generation Pokemon, I don't think the writers wanted Homika to have more than one. I could be wrong, but I think this largely has to do with her possible rematch Pokemon in Black2 White2. Something tells me at best the only Unova poison types she has are Scolipede, and Amoongus/Garbodor, with Weezing, and potentially 3 other past generation Pokemon.

Maybe the writers weren't willing enough to give her more than one past generation poison type. If that turns out not to be the case, and she actually has more, well then I got this feeling that maybe she only has one Unova Poison type, wouldn't surprise, in that case, it could be obvious why Homika doesn't have more than three in the anime (because in-game she only has one Unova Poison type).

Regardless of what happens, there has to be a reason why she only has 3 Pokemon. Not enough 5th gen poison type Pokemon is a reasonable explanation. This is after all a Unova gym, having Homika have many past generation Pokemon in comparison to 5th gen, would probably be two much. At worst 2 to 1, for a total of 3.

Plus they are poison types, not as comparable as Dragon types, nor as impressive, but a battle theory from someone else, of poisoning and "Venoshocking" Ash's Pokemon could really mess Ash's team up. Maybe Homika was tired of winning all the time with 3 on 3's. So because she only has three Pokemon, thinks it would be a challenge for her to have her go up against six Pokemon with her three.

Well.....at the very least, if all else "sucks" Ash is using six. Granted outside of some miracle writing, that's going to be obvious Pikachu, Oshawott, Snivy, and Pignite for four, five if they don't ever want to "Juniper" Scraggy. So hey at least we might see Unfezant/Palpitoad/Boldore/Leavanny, maybe. If we're lucky Scraggy will be at Juniper's lab, and another reserve could be used. Would be a lot better if Pignite was also put into Juniper's lab, he's had a lot of Gym Battles, he doesn't need anymore.

So my ideal team for Ash would be: Pikachu (very likely), Oshawott (Can't see it ever going away), Snivy (the least fortunate starter), Unfezant/Leavanny (either choice is fine), Palpitoad (haven't seen it since Elesa), Boldore (Would like to see it in more battles).

I'm okay with Pikachu and Oshawott losing without a win. That would leave the last one to be either Unfezant or Leavanny (don't like it very much but I'd much prefer Palpitoad and Boldore get wins as well as Snivy). If Pignite or Scraggy get involved they can lose as well, same with Krokorok (unless it evol- does something worth winning).

It's crazy theory time! Homika is Tsutarja's former trainer who's trained Poison Types pokémon and raised herself to Gym Leader status to get back at the Grass Type who abandoned her. Tsutarja evolves and wins the battle for Satoshi. XD

On a more serious note, I'm underwhelmed by the 6 vs 3 deal. It really just makes Satoshi look like he's totally crap compared to Homika that he has to have a huge advantage to win against her. I hope even more so than ever now that this isn't the eighth gym for real, cause wow... underwhelming end to Satoshi's Isshu badge quest in underwhelming. This is really saying, "wow, your team has so not progressed since you started, you gained nothing from this journey and you're still not ready for the League."

This just can't be Satoshi's last badge... ; ___ ;

IMO, they should have just stuck to the usual formula...and not artificially powered up a second gym leaders team to make up for Ash not battling a Dragon Master gym leader.

I like that they are making Homika a strong battler, but I think they are just going about this whole situation with the Gym Leaders the wrong way.

Last edited:
oKay I get it why give her more than 3 Pokes!? But WHY THE Fffff HELL GIVE 6 pokes to Ash!!?

I wouldn't mind it to be a regular 3 on 3! Volkner had it and it was oKay, Clair had it and it was awesome( this is in context of the 8th GL). oKay they want to make it a 2 parter, but they just could make a long introduction ep and make Koffing beat Easy Pikachu and close up the episode. and than make a long thing out rest in the other ep! With Cynthia appearing in the end of the 2nd part!
But this is just making Ash look bad! And YES I want him to lose cause this whole Unova development is a Shame to the previous generation and the progress HE and HIS POKES MADE!

Wait, what? a 6 on 3 battle? 0__o wtf... we ALWAYS have the "x on x" battles be an equal number for both sides... I'm pretty sure this is the first time EVER something like that happened 0__o
It's... interesting, I guess? I wonder if Homika is going to be shown as an extremely powerful trainer, so much that she lets her opponents battle her with double amount of Pokémon since otherwise they wouldn't have a chance to beat her 0__o
EDIT: this also reminds me of how Giovanni made Gary use whatever amount of Poké he'd want to attack Mewtwo, since he knew Mewtwo is way too strong for it to matter... and later in the same ep and Gym the TRio attacked Ash with more than one Poké against his one, I think... and... coincidencely - or not - that was Gym 8 of Kanto, just like this is Gym 8 of Unova... hmm...

Last edited:
I'm sure Homika is a great trainer and all, but I can see her being a bit cocky; saying to challengers "Go ahead and use twice as many Pokemon as I have, you're going to need them!" or something

The fact it's a two parter and that it's possibly the final Gym, makes me believe more that she's really powerful or got some important reason for letting challengers use double the amount of Poké, rather than it just being her overconfidence or something like that...
It may be their way to try make this "special"
Also, now that we know she'll use 3 - one is Koffing, the second is probably Scolipede... I wonder if they'll do what I said before and make the third an Ekans... and maybe also evolve both of them during the battle... as another Kanto reference

What if Homika actually has six pokemon, but only uses three to beat Ash? That would definitely force him to go train up his pokemon during the tournament arc, while at the same time establishing her as good enough replacement for Drayden (since I doubt Ash wouldn't go back after her.)?

Anyone think about that?

Should Ash win? Perhaps like people have said, homika could be extremely confident in her abilities and it costs her the match in the end despite a hard faught battle.

I'm not sure why anyone would want Satoshi to lose this. Some of you are saying 6 vs. 3 makes him look bad, but wouldn't losing when you have such an advantage just make him look worse?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just want to see Ash get his ass handed to him by a Koffing or Weezing.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I just want to see Ash get his ass handed to him by a Koffing or Weezing.

Irony at its finest.

And if it leads to him going "Hmm my Pokemon sort of suck for the 8th Gym so maybe I should have some do some actual consistent on screen training", then that's just a plus.

No matter what happens in this fight, the 6 vs 3 thing is going to spoil everything; if Ash wins, having such a huge advantage would make victory feel hollow, (Not exactly what I want from an 8th Gym battle) and if Homika wins, I'd be annoyed that Ash's entire time in Unova has apparently been a complete waste of time if he can't even defeat the new game's first gym leader. I can only hope it's a hint that the new Unova gym leaders are just so much stronger.

I agree that something about this doesn't smell right, but looking here, there really is no way to win. If he loses, then Ash sucks the big one and his failure this saga is complete. If he wins, we can't have Drayden. (not to mention it would be a hollow victory) Although I still think it doesn't matter whether he needs to get the badge from him or not, he'll still face him. If not, and it is supposed to be the Iris climax, then I can perhaps live with that. There are just too many unknowns here. The only thing certain is that convention has been thrown out the window.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes, this choice is very...odd. I wonder what Homika's reasoning for this will be. Hopefully it gets explained. And Ash better win with a good lead (ie: not losing more than two pokemon) or else he's just going to look pathetic. Now I'm really hoping this isn't the actual 8th badge or that he keeps collecting more badges after this.

to those who are saying that maybe she only has 3 pokemon...I don't really see how that wuld be relevant to how many pokemon she allows the challenger. if she only has 3 pokemon, then it would make more sense for her to make the match 3 on 3, not 3 on 6.

Maybe the writers are suddenly deciding they want to make a gym match more like the games, where you can use your entire team on hand no matter how many pokemon the opponent has? Kind of a weird time to start doing that though. Anyway, kick her butt Ash!! No one will respect you otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom