• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calling it now: Tepig clutches the win with his ever-fearsome tackle attack.

Evolved? What? We're dealing with a stage-two tackle attack? Damn, man, just hand Ash the badge now - there's no stopping that.

Since the summary of next week's episode mentions the group heading to a harbor, it seems that we'll find out today why Ash has decided to go to Tachiwaki rather than to Opelucid.

You know, I could see a situation like where Ash wins the battle and then Homika's like "oh BTW, I'm not actually officially licenced yet, so my badge doesn't count. But you better hurry, you've only got 3 months till the league starts, lolz". And then its a mad race for Ash to earn his last real badge before the league.
A mad race? He is going to meet Cynthia and be told about the World Tournament; it doesn't seem that he is worried about the last badge at all. Judging from the timeframe given before the previous leagues, the three months statement is an indicator for the viewers more so than for Ash.

And its still possible he could just end up going for more than 8 badges. This is the first time EVER we've had a region with more than 8 in-game badges overall, and I can't imagine the writers would want Ash to skip battling in the excess gyms just to keep strictly to the 8 badge format.
They could have Drayden and Shizui show up in other ways that wouldn't involve Ash getting an unnecessary badge. Besides, let's not forget that they're skipping Hiougi City. Is Cheren an exception because he gives out an old badge? That seems like a weak argument.

Last edited:
I have hope that they might finally debut Cheren in the anime in some capacity. But if they do skip him I'd assume that the reason is because Shooty is basicly "anime-Cheren" already.

I doubt Drayden is E4. They mentioned the Opelucid Gym last episodes, and since Iris isn't a gym leader...it can't be anyone but Drayden. Unless, by the off chance it's someone she knows we haven't seen yet.

There could be many solutions:

1. The gym might not be official, even if the description says something about it. After all, in EP256 it says that it's a gym, which it isn't officially.
2. Ash just gets there first. After all, we know that there are loads of gym leaders in the anime. What's wrong with Ash going here first.
3. Ash doesn't get the badge. He might lose or not fight for it once he learns about it. Remember "Fierce Fighting at Twist Mountanin?" #
4. Yeah, Unova might require more than 8 badges.
5. Ash wants to troll Trip like Gary Trolled Ash in Indigo

There could be many solutions:

1. The gym might not be official, even if the description says something about it. After all, in EP256 it says that it's a gym, which it isn't officially.
2. Ash just gets there first. After all, we know that there are loads of gym leaders in the anime. What's wrong with Ash going here first.
3. Ash doesn't get the badge. He might lose or not fight for it once he learns about it. Remember "Fierce Fighting at Twist Mountanin?" #
4. Yeah, Unova might require more than 8 badges.
5. Ash wants to troll Trip like Gary Trolled Ash in Indigo

#4 was already was already jossed due to the indent and Trip's dialogue in the first episode of Bw
#5 trolling is against Ash's nature
#3 it would be pretty lame for Ash to lose and quit with this handicap
#2 and 1 makes sense though

Alright people ,
As you know from the latest episode , Opelucid City Gym is CLOSED !
So Ash has win this Gym instate !
May Be Iris gonna reopen the Opelucid Gym !

Last edited:
Alright people ,
As you know from the latest episode Opelucid City Gym is CLOSED !

While the idea is interesting, I don't wan't Iris to become a gym leader now. If it is true, I hope that when Iris leaves, she'll tell Ash that she'll train hard to became a Dragon Master so that she'll be able to become Opelucid's Dragon-type gym leader. I'm still sure that Ash will battle Drayden because he said in the the 5th episode of BW that he wants to battle as many strong trainers as possible. Drayden is a strong trainer, therefore I see Ash battling him even if Homika's badge will be his eight(if she really is a gym leader).

Alright people ,
As you know from the latest episode Opelucid City Gym is CLOSED !

While the idea is interesting, I don't wan't Iris to become a gym leader now. If it is true, I hope that when Iris leaves, she'll tell Ash that she'll train hard to became a Dragon Master so that she'll be able to become Opelucid's Dragon-type gym leader. I'm still sure that Ash will battle Drayden because he said in the the 5th episode of BW that he wants to battle as many strong trainers as possible. Drayden is a strong trainer, therefore I see Ash battling him even if Homika's badge will be his eight(if she really is a gym leader).
May Be Ash gonna head to Dragon village after losing the Junior Cup to Train and There he will meet Drayden.
Drayden will become Ash's teacher and Ash has to beat Drayden to complete his training.
After he finish his training and beat Drayden , He will receive Opelucid Gym badge from Drayden as a prof of his training !
So this way , Ash can get 9 Badge without trying for one !
This idea usually use in Pokemon Manga but Anime can follow it.
So , There no need for Ash to be beaten by Homika to get to Drayden.
If Writer write a proper story then Ash can have 9 Badge without aiming for 9 Badge .

I hope Ash beat Homika using 3 pokemon even though he can use 6 pokemon !
I don't get why everyone so into her Koffin. There are better poison type out there !
I wonder if Homika going to be the 8Th Gym Leader in B2W2 or Iris Because Ash should beat the 8Th Gym leader Of B2W2 !
You know , At the Begining I thought Ash might just playing around like Alder and he isn't using his full skill in Unova but Elesa gym battle prove it wrong .
But However , I would like if This episode ether reveal or imply that Ash was simply playing around in season 1 and didn't use his full power which is why he lose to someone like Trip !
That actually gonna make him a Really cool Character !
But Is this even possible ???
Elesa Gym Battle broke every chance of this ! Whoever come up with that Pathetic Gym battle should be fired !
I don't hope that the person who's in charge of this Gym Battle because if he is then we are about to see another worst gym battle !
I hope Homika to have a Drapion !
That the most fearsome Poison type to appear in Anime !
By the way , Her Gitter look more like a Krokordile .

Am I the only person who isn't bugged by the fact Homika is the last Gym Leader?

Yes, it's true, Drayden as the final gym leader would've given more an advancing development for Iris but still, Homika is the coolest gym leader introduced in Unova yet + I don't think Iris is ready yet for that kind of blast.

I hope Homika to have a Drapion !

I'm starting to think this is true. Drapion seems fitting.

Opelucid City Gym is CLOSED !

Hearthome Gym was closed too ^^. Just saying its closed doesn't mean its a permanent thing, unless something was said in that recent episode that suggested something long term. I suspect saying its closed is just a plot contrivance to get them to divert to a new city. it doesn;t have to mean that Ash can never battle there now.

You know, this 6 vs 3 thing they're doing is weird, but its actually *not* unprecendented in the anime. Everyone remember Whitney? The second episode of the Goldenrod Gym arc has Ash battle her Miltank 3 on 1. He beats Miltank and gets the badge even though Whitney didn't use any more Pokemon. (although in that situation at least we have the consolation of the fact that Ash swept her first two pokemon in their previous battle)

Reply to Appletree: I don't think we really have a problem with Homika herself or anything (or at least I don;t. I think she looks cool and am looking forward to the battle). Its just that few of us are happy with the apparent situation of Homika *replacing* Drayden. I'm sure if they'd chosen any other new gym from BW2 it still would have been the same reaction regardless. We don't want to lose the opourtunity to see Ash have a real gym challenge against Drayden and/or Iris. Thats why so many of us have been hoping and speculating that the writers might be planning a way to include Homika and the other new Gyms *without* needing to sacrifice Drayden's.

Last edited:
Reply to Appletree: I don't think we really have a problem with Homika herself or anything (or at least I don;t. I think she looks cool and am looking forward to the battle). Its just that few of us are happy with the apparent situation of Homika *replacing* Drayden. I'm sure if they'd chosen any other new gym from BW2 it still would have been the same reaction regardless. We don't want to lose the opourtunity to see Ash have a real gym challenge against Drayden and/or Iris. Thats why so many of us have been hoping and speculating that the writers might be planning a way to include Homika and the other new Gyms *without* needing to sacrifice Drayden's.

Exactly!

I'm looking forward to seeing this chick in action and seeing Koffing get some payback. And hey, surely it can't be as bad as the Elesa battle, right? (Arceus help us if it is)
It's dumping a more well known character we were expecting (who even had some foreshadowing) and speeding up the plot even more I'm not okay with.

Their plans for the story screwed up because of a natural disaster? Understandable

Them screwing with the story just to advertise the latest games? Not understandable.

Last edited:
Them screwing with the story just to advertise the latest games? Not understandable.
If more plugging of the latest games is what the higher-ups want, then that's what the higher-ups will get. What they want trumps whatever the writers want to do.

@ Musashi and Crysta

Oh, I get that. But that doesn't make it suck any less. I see no reason they can't plug the games AND tell a good story in the process. (There HAVE been times they've done it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom