• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW083 + BW084 Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! Part 1 and Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This seems to be the order of the battle:
Unfezant VS Koffing: Koffing wins
Boldore VS Koffing: Koffing wins
Leavanny VS Koffing: Leavanny wins
Leavanny VS Scolipede: Scolipede wins
Pignite VS Scolipede: Pignite wins
Pignite VS Garbodor: Garbodor wins
Palpitoad VS Garbodor: Garbodor wins
Pikachu VS Garbodor: Pikachu wins

if this is true It takes ash 3 pokemon to defeat a koffing? WOW!!!!! (S). if that is truely the case then James would have beaten ash multiple times back in s1...... Sad isnt it? and No Sir i didn't like it.... the others i could understand but koffing? just no.........

if this is true It takes ash 3 pokemon to defeat a koffing? WOW!!!!! (S). if that is truely the case then James would have beaten ash multiple times back in s1...... Sad isnt it? and No Sir i didn't like it.... the others i could understand but koffing? just no.........
Just because they're the same species doesn't mean that their strength is equal. Homika is a Gym Leader unlike James.

Just because they're the same species doesn't mean that their strength is equal. Homika is a Gym Leader unlike James.

that is quite true. however for me when ever i think of koffing in any shape or form the first thing is james koffing whih was the pushover pokemon. it is a bit hard to adjust from a forteen year old lodgic of thinking of mine of watching james' getting tbolted over and over. and also with the lack of poison pokemon it is a learning curve with more status type attacks and the more damage they can do since not very many have been used in the show from what i remember

What you're forgetting is that the Koffing you're used to was owned by James. It appears to be some sort of rule that Team Rocket-owned Pokémon are about ten times weaker than they ought to be. Remember the Onix filler in Johto? Victreebel's Razor Leaf should have OHKO'd those Onix, and it bounced off like it was nothing.

The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how friggin' awesome Homika is for imposing the 6 vs 3 rule. Think about it.

*If she beats Ash, she's more than twice as good as Ash, only having to have used three Pokémon at the maximum to beat his team of six, putting her somewhere in Tobias territory.

*If she loses to Ash's last standing Pokémon, she's still the better trainer, because Ash needed the extra advantage in order to win.

*If she loses, but Ash only needed three Pokémon, then they're more or less on equal footing.

*If she loses and Ash only needed one or two Pokémon, then she can honestly say Ash is better than her.

So basically, all but the most extreme of the possible outcomes (such as Ash sweeping her team with Pikachu or something from the start) still ends with Homika being, at worst, just as good a trainer as Ash. And given that it's very likely (given that this is a two-parter, after all) that Ash will be forced down to one Pokémon, likely Pikachu, then it probably goes without saying that Homika is still the better trainer, given how many Pokémon Ash had to resort to in order to take out just three of Homika's.

My respect for Homika (which was already high to begin with) has now skyrocketed.

Gunk Shot, Poison-types, Koffing, Scolipede, reserves, Homika, Status Conditions, unique battling situation, Ash's Lack of confidence, Iris being nice, punk rock, and Thunderbolt light show.

All we need now are POKéMON BATTLES ON MOTORCYCLES!

Best Episode Ever, despite this kind of judgement happening with episodes....

[video=youtube;QI0RiqK3XJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI0RiqK3XJc[/video]

Please note that this isn't a thread for sharing random videos. I didn't mind one or two people embedding that He-Man video as a joke, but there is absolutely no need to embed entire comedy show sketches which have nothing to do with Pokemon or the episode at hand just to illustrate a point which can be expressed in a couple of short sentences. No more, please.

What you're forgetting is that the Koffing you're used to was owned by James. It appears to be some sort of rule that Team Rocket-owned Pokémon are about ten times weaker than they ought to be. Remember the Onix filler in Johto? Victreebel's Razor Leaf should have OHKO'd those Onix, and it bounced off like it was nothing.

The more I think about it, the more I come to realize how friggin' awesome Homika is for imposing the 6 vs 3 rule. Think about it.

*If she beats Ash, she's more than twice as good as Ash, only having to have used three Pokémon at the maximum to beat his team of six, putting her somewhere in Tobias territory.

*If she loses to Ash's last standing Pokémon, she's still the better trainer, because Ash needed the extra advantage in order to win.

*If she loses, but Ash only needed three Pokémon, then they're more or less on equal footing.

*If she loses and Ash only needed one or two Pokémon, then she can honestly say Ash is better than her.

So basically, all but the most extreme of the possible outcomes (such as Ash sweeping her team with Pikachu or something from the start) still ends with Homika being, at worst, just as good a trainer as Ash. And given that it's very likely (given that this is a two-parter, after all) that Ash will be forced down to one Pokémon, likely Pikachu, then it probably goes without saying that Homika is still the better trainer, given how many Pokémon Ash had to resort to in order to take out just three of Homika's.

My respect for Homika (which was already high to begin with) has now skyrocketed.

i know i am alittle out of date with all of team rocket with how weak their pokemon were but alas it was almost 13yrs ago i last saw koffing in the show so it is hard for me to adjust myself to realize this koffing is 500000X better than what james was. i am semi excited for this battle. i just hope this koffing is just like that bellsprout from the indigo leauge. hopefully as being a Pokeconservative this batlle will enlighten me and get me more exited for the return of more of my prev gen pokemon

I'll get myself back to the games, and out of the anime for a while.
So I wait for 4 generations to get a Poison gym, and I get it as a second gym, and she only battles with... 2 pokemon?

;;

I always kinda wanted for the poison gym, if it appears again, to spot a bit higher place in the games, but eh, I guess... better something than nothing.
Also, since they've introduced a new water type gym leader, I sincerely hope they introduce a strong grass type gym. Like, all grass gyms were weak. ;;
But guys POISON TYPES OMFSDFGAG

The dub titles reveal Tachiwaki City as Virbank City. I believe this'll go for the game too.

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom