• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW083: Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! (Part 1) ・ BW084: Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!! (Part 2)

Dogasu

ロケット団よ永遠
Reaction score
Fierce Fighting at Tachiwaki Gym! VS Homika!!

Animation - Team Kato
Screenplay - Atsuhiro Tomioka (Part One), Shinzō Fujita (Part Two)
Storyboard - Takenori Kawada (Part One), Kazuomi Koga (Part Two)
Assistant director - Yūji Asada (Part One), Kazuomi Koga (Part Two)
Animation director - Masaaki Iwane (Part One), Kunihiko Natsume (Part Two)

In order to get his eighth badge and compete in the Isshu League, Satoshi has come to the Tachikawa Gym. The Gym Leader is Homika of the super punk band "The Dogas," and the gym is a performance venue turned battlefield! Despite being surrounded by an audience and being given an odd vibe, Satoshi and Pikachu are able to fire everyone up with Pikachu's 100,000 Volt attack! Additionally, Homika, who's full of confidence, decides to only put up three of her pokemon to battle Satoshi's six! Homika sends out a Dogas she got in the Kanto region and is able to poison Satoshi's Kenhorou despite its speed! What will Satoshi do!?

Last edited by a moderator:
Homika is so mean to challengers…. She beat the crap out of all of them..
Homika is overconfident, but she really deserves it.. she even gives Pecha Berry to Chaoboo to heal the Poisoned status… She is really confident that she will win… (6 vs 3 already proved that), even she lose, she wins respects.
Meloetta watching the match… not much expected..
Ash’s way of using Hahakomori vs Dogasu is genius.. he should have used it earlier :p
Stactic saved Ash’s butt, as everyone expected from the preview
Dento and Iris and Kibago………WOW, that’s unexpected again…. (Where they get the paints anyway? Oh, and the drums)
Close victory, Closer than Close itself, and WOW, Pecha Berry again… I can’t see she is such a nice girl from what the previous challengers said..

Last edited:
This was a good episode. Gamagaru went down pretty quickly which was expected but still a bit disappointing.

Homika was pretty fun though and Iris was hilarious when she went to go get a drum.

I really liked these eps, a great Gym Battle (best one in BW at least for me), and I totally loved how much Iris got into cheering Ash XD she really seems to warm up to Ash lately...
Too bad though we didn't get any Dawn/Cynthia cameo at the end or something, but whatever...
Also WTF at them putting the "NEXT TIME A NEW BEGINNING" thing instead of "TO BE CONTINUED"... they're really trying to promote "Season 2" as much as they can despite how it's really just a continuation of BW and not a new series

HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA HOMIKA

OMFG I LOVED this episode. Homika is my new favorite gym leader in Unova.

And when Iris got that drum and forced Dent to dress up I LOL'd.

Oh wow I lol'd so hard at Team Rocket Live Caster. It was unexpected that's for sure.

Anyway, the whole episode itself was pretty good. Sadly, we didn't have a flashback of James' Koffing.

LOL I loved how TRio interrupted Oak's corner XDDD even more awesome is that they acted like their old self... <3 I almost wish for them to return to their old self in-show now... even though that would be ridiculous...

I actually looked away from the screen for most of the battle since...I don't really care about gym battles.

But holy craaaaaaaaap. When I decided to look back, all I saw was Iris violating Dento's face and I wasn't really sure what was happening and I cried because of how...close their relationship seemed. The BW group is so beautiful and no matter how shallow their stories may seem, I can't ignore the great lengths they went through to show their support for Ash. Move over, cheerleader Dawn, there's some new groupies in town~

Sorry, Iris, but your sense of rhythm is a bit off...you tried though, you really did.

But seriously, that scene is gonna be used in sooo many wishfulshipping amvs, I can see it.

/cries more
/should have slept tonight

Uh, in terms of the actual...content of the battle? Uh...it was...okay, I guess. Homika gave away a lot of freebies like that heal to pignite and of course the ridiculous 3 v. 6 rule. I guess she's just trying to avoid the same fate as Volkner and challenge herself when she thinks she's "too hard" for the trainers...I guess she's having a lot fun doing it and wishes to put on a good show for her fans (a trait that other BW leaders seem to have). Respect, yo.

EDIT: HOLY SHIT ROCKETTO DAN LIVE CASTER WHAT IS THIS AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Didn't find battle that interesting, well they did use venomshock and it's game effect double damage thing. Really liked when that hand was used to block that fire bledge W/e.
And best part was Iris messing with Dent's face.

Lol, did anyone notice that Homika gave Pecha berries to Satoshi, but not to the other challengers? So that's nice, apparently only winners get to have healthy Pokémon XD And wow, a strong Dogasu. What could be better?
I liked the episode, in my opinion, it was the best gym battle in BW. I was hoping for a Hikari cameo at the end, but whatever.

Yip. That was terrible. Ash looks no where near ready enough for the league. Not only did he need 6 pokes to beat her, but she even healed Pignite for him. A lot of the time he didn't seem to know what to do, I mean, razor leaf against Scolipede? Seriously?.

Few moments were ok, mainly Leavanney beating Koffing, and when Pignite knocked Garbodors arm out from underneath it, but it just wasnt enough to save Ash from this sub par performance.

man, that whole thing just left a really bad taste in my mouth. What a sad way to end the badge quest

I think I'm just going to play that clip of the audience chanting "Do-ga-su! Do-ga-su!" whenever I need a self esteem boost.

Also, in-character Rocket-Dan fuck yeah!

Omg I love her.

Love her over the top confident attitude, Homika is so much fun! She just looks badass with that guitar.

It was a really entertaining battle. Usually battles don’t interest me that much to be honest, but this one held my attention the entire time.

I loved it when Iris went to go play on that drum to cheer for Satoshi. (And Dento too!) It was a nice way to show support for her friend. I adore friendship moments like that. <3

A decent episode ruined with the fact that it was a 6 on 3.

Homika was quite funny, and her Pokemon's are pretty strong. oKay insanely strong and fast but a good battle.
Shame Homika is just the 2nd GL in BW2! Would love to fight her anime PowerHouse .

Rocket's taking over Oak's Live Caster?

Rocket-blocked

Now with low-quality KeyHole screencaps!
vRyl6.png

tjdT6.png

wRQSF.png
I'm sorry. I just cared about Team Rocket being in character more than the episode.

LMFAO at Iris's attempt to cheer for Ash... YOU GO GIRLL! She even dragged Dento with her and dressed him up, even though Gamagaru fainted just after she started cheering, it was worth a shot... XD

I missed the first half hour but enjoyed whatever I saw. Btw, Homika kind of reminded me of Agatha.

AND HOLY HELL! IT"S ROCKETTO DAN's LIVE CASTER :D

Iris and Dent were quite possibly the cutest things I have ever seen.

But yeah, it was a pretty good battle. Homika came across as strong but definitely not overpowered, and Satoshi's strategies made his win definitely believable.

In case anyone who didn't see it wants to know the match-ups:

Gantle vs. Dogars: Dogars wins
Kenhallow vs. Dogars: Dogars wins
Hahakomori vs. Dogars: Hahakomori wins
Hahakomori vs. Pendora: Pendora wins
Chaoboo vs. Pendora: Chaoboo wins
Chaoboo vs. Dustdas: Dustdas wins
Gamagaru vs. Dustdas: Gamagaru
Pikachu vs. Dustdas: Pikachu wins

Here's my thoughts on the episode:
- I really love how this Gym isn't a huge elaborate building, but just an underground music club. Hell, Satoshi-tachi only found it when they glanced the Gym logo on the door.
- So this Gym has a scoreboard? Interesting!
- To be honest, I liked this Gym Battle a lot more than I thought I would. Satoshi used some good strategies at the beginning against Dogars, using Gantle's Sandstorm and Kenhallow's Quick Attack to counter Dogar's speedy movements before Hahakomori used String Shot to send it flying.
- Funny how Pendora's Toxic can burn through rocks, but simply poisons opposing Pokemon (not that I wanted to see Pokemon skin melting...).
- Satoshi nearly giving up at this point was so out-of-character for him, I still can't believe he actually considered it.
- I really liked the design of the Toxic Badge.
- 'Next Time... A New Beginning'... really, now?

It seems that while their soulless clones are wandering around Isshu the real Musashi, Kojirō and Nyarth were busy trying to take over the Live Caster from Okido-Hakase... and it was brilliant to see a fully in-character Team Rocket trio. I've missed those guys. I wouldn't have been surprised to have Sonasu pop up at the end.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom