• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW086: Pochama VS Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle!! airdate: 6/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second. Dawn returning already? Season 2? But what about the league?

Oh? So will Dawn be present when Ash goes to the league?

What is she even doing in Unova? I thought she went to continue her contest journey in Hoenn. There's nothing for her to do here.

Oh? So will Dawn be present when Ash goes to the league?

What is she even doing in Unova? I thought she went to continue her contest journey in Hoenn. There's nothing for her to do here.

Probably not, she's likely only staying for a brief time, although we don't know for sure how long.

She seems to be training for the Hoenn Grand Festival the same way that Ash is training for the league. Some people think that she will enter the Junior Cup, but I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Well lets see, Dento's never seen or heard of contests but Dawns battled against gym leaders before so I could see her taking the win which I hope happens.

My ideal synopsis of this episode involves Dent taking coordinator battle tips from Hikari. Which means more spinning. And sparkling.

Fuck. An annoying little butt monkey and an actual monkey. He'll be strutting his stuff too early and have me relive the pain from DP and back. And Pansage...will be Pansage. What's not to love?

Oh lord Cilan, please nullify the pain. It's not like i have anything against Dawn but the butt monkey might as well be representing both of them. He has an ego big enough anyway.

Well, I'm glad it's not Crustle. Stunfisk would've been nice too!

May be , Cilan say something about Dawn & Piplup's Comparability which anger Dawn and she challenge Clian to show her Comparability with Piplup !
I think Hoenn Grand Festival is over so Dawn Come to Eastern Unova to train and meet Ash since she missed him !

I wonder when Dent is tasting Hikari/Potchama will he realize that there is actually something very sinister about their relationship...

I mean, Potchama is canonically portrayed as being in love with Hikari in that way...

Well lets see, Dento's never seen or heard of contests but Dawns battled against gym leaders before so I could see her taking the win which I hope happens.

How dair U!????? Dent knows everything! Don't mess with Sommelier knowledge!
Now seriously he could know something about them!

I really look forward to them facing of! Dawn is a sneaky competitor and always has some tricks upon her sleeves! On the other side Cilan knows to use his Pokemons to perfection! So I can see this battle end in a draw!
I imagine her using bubble beam and spiral capture Pansage like she did with Buizel! But her first move has to be Whirlpool! :D

don;t you know dent is a contest sommelier or how ever you say his little hobbies.

I could actually see thisXD I guess since we haven't heard or seen a single contest in this region that I just thought Dento never heard of one or seen one. I guess he could have gone some where they have them??? Since Dawn is an actual coordinator, trying her best in that training and getting better to beat the next Grand Festival I'd really like her to win this. Dento can go win the next whatever the heck his sommelier quest says to its not bad to loose at that.

The more I think about it, the more interesting this premise for a Dawn/Cilan battle is (even if I still hate that Piplup is in it and gets top billing in the episode title). We have no idea if Cilan knows anything about Pokemon Contests. As far as we know, Contests don't appear to be a Thing in Unova at all, but that's only because nothing's been said about it. However, since Unova's so distanced from other regions and possesses several exclusive places and events, I wouldn't be surprised if Contests weren't held in Unova. Even so, Cilan may or may not know about them. They would certainly appeal (hah) to him and you never know when he might have a vested interest in something. However, I would wager that Cilan himself probably has not battled many Coordinators, and unless he makes a big reveal in this episode, probably has not participated in a Contest. It's hard to say since Cilan's primary trainer development (i.e. his experiences with Pokemon when he was Ash's age) all happened off-screen. Either way, if he does turn out to be a Contest Connoisseur, I'll be fine with that. That's a hobby I'd almost expect him to have if Contests were a thing in Unova, anyway.

If he is not well-versed in Contests... or hell, even if he IS, I can see him getting carried away in fagging over Dawn's eloquent battling style. It wouldn't be the first time Cilan's lost due to being too absorbed in his own Tasting Time spiels. I could accept that.

However, Cilan DOES have Gym Leader experience. Last time Dawn tried facing a Gym Leader (arguably one of Sinnoh's weaker GLs), she didn't do too well. She also has a type disadvantage, but that can be easily circumvented by A) Piplup having Peck or hopefully Drill Peck by this point, and B) Type logic meaning jack shit in BW because everything is ass-backwards in Unova. Hopefully A will be a factor and not B. Dawn also got much more experienced since she battled Maylene and we know that because WE ACTUALLY SAW HER TRAIN A LOT. God, I miss those days.

Anyway, when it comes down to it, I like both Dawn and Cilan, I'm glad they're having a battle, and provided no stupid bullshit happens, I'm alright with either one of them winning the battle. More than anything I'm looking forward to Dawn and Cilan interacting; I'm certain that will make the episode worth it even if the worst-case bullshit scenario happens. And that Piplup doesn't eat up all that potential time for characters to interact by being a spotlight-eating shitmonger.

One thing I'm sure is a guarantee is that the battle will be ~faaaaabuloooooous~. Full of CGI, but still fabulous. After all, the episode title has already determined that it's "magnificent", as we know that's gotta be an understatement.

I like it when I can look forward to stuff. :D

OMG the scene Dawn is "surprising" Ash XD I like it XD
Dawn <3 Pip <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom