• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW086: Pochama VS Yanappu! The Magnificent Battle!! airdate: 6/28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noone will win !
Not Dawn or Clian !
The Battle will be interropted by Meloetta and her Pirouette Forme !
I don't think Ash will mention any of his old Pokemon here specifically. The most we'll get is him saying his traveled through regions before this one, thereby implying he has more without them actually seeing them..until later of course.
If Ash really does mention his old journey & Pokemon , The Very first question Cilan & Iris Should Ask-
-If you are that experienced then Why do you get your butt kick by a Rookie like Trip ?Shouldn't you overpower him already ???
That's why its better if Ash doesn't mention his past Journey & Pokemon!

Last edited:
I think its cute how Buneary still has its crush on Pikachu. I don't know if you heard, but Buneary's first Japanese VA passed away not too long ago (R.I.P.). Here's hoping that the bunny gets some more action in Dawn's cameo or even an evolution because for it to be Dawn's first capture, you'd think it would hold some more spotlight. I hope it at least gets a battle in the tourney.

Episode wise, call me crazy but I really want to get an Ursula reference here. I'd love to hear whether or not she stalked Dawn to Hoenn or not. It actually makes perfect sense if you think about it: Ursula lost to Dawn 3 times. If we found out she decided to stalk Dawn it would not be OOC because if she really wanted to become Top Coordinator, why not vow to beat the person who beat you three times consecutively?

Out of all of Dawn's rivals, Ursula seemed to be the only one who had a bone left to pick and a grudge to hold. Please oh Please Dawn reference her with a Garchomp and two electric rodents on top of it =)

I'm excited for Dawn's arrival as well, not going to lie. Even the bloody penguin looks funny in some scenes, but I doubt I'm going to be won over fully. Dawn was an enjoyable character with a story in DP, and I really hope the writers take it up a notch with her cameo.

Give her Pokes some new moves, decent battles, and good character interactions. Go beyond the usual. Misty and May showed that they had improved so I expect to see the same from Dawn, with or without new clothes.

However even if we didn't and Dawn only showcases one ribbon or said that she's lost herself in Hoenn and needs to find herself again I might be pleased too, because this once again shows that Dawn is human and isn't a Mary Sue.

In terms of the battle, IDK, I highly doubt the writers would let the Dawn and the Penguin lose their first match in her cameo. As long as the battle is good, and it does look it, then I'm fine with the outcome.

Dawn hardly seems any different from when we last saw her. The lack of a new outfit, or any new pokemon, really makes her character seem pretty much the same.

oh sweet jesus, i JUST remembered that Kawakami had passed away... i never liked mimirol because i thought it was annoying, but... ahh i will probably cringe a lot when i hear that her VA is not Kawakami T___T

oh sweet jesus, i JUST remembered that Kawakami had passed away... i never liked mimirol because i thought it was annoying, but... ahh i will probably cringe a lot when i hear that her VA is not Kawakami T___T

She hasn't voiced her since DP100.

She hasn't voiced her since DP100.

It still is pretty sad though. At least she gave us a voice for the bunny for 100 eps.

Dawn hardly seems any different from when we last saw her. The lack of a new outfit, or any new pokemon, really makes her character seem pretty much the same.

It'd be a pretty interesting cameo if Dawn came back hoping to ignite a spark she once had because she is stuck in limbo apparently. Who knows, she may even leave with a new outfit, an evolution and a capture.

I won't be surprised if Dawn shows up with only 1 ribbon. Didn't she come out to Unova to improve? Maybe things aren't going so well in Hoenn. If there's one thing I'll give Dawn's character is that she is NOT a Mary Sue. Even after the Wallace Cup she suffered some losses, so despite her 2nd place title if she tells Ash that she isn't a prodigy in Hoenn it wouldn't be out of character. I actually hope by the time Dawn leaves she's much more new and improved.

All I want is for the writers to be creative with her cameo, you know go beyond the usual. I liked Dawn in DP and can't say I'm not excited to see her back, but since she is going to be staying for quite some time this cameo better be worth the wait and not some Piplup glorification fest.

Wow, do you guys really hate Piplup that much? Well, I hate Piplup too, its voice is freaking obnoxious. But I love Potchama, it was hilarious and a really unique character. He's one of the things I miss the most about DP. Anyway, can't wait for the episode, although I don't really care for the battle (which will probably last about 2 minutes anyway).

Last edited:
These are the same games that a female Azurill could evolve into a male Marill, or have a really feminine looking Pokemon have a half-n-half male/female ratio.

I read about the Azurill thing, though never tried to check it out... is it really true? if so, wtf? why? XD I also ask the same "wtf why?" about Nidorina and Nidoqueen not being able to breed, there are no words to describe how extremely ridiculous that is when the whole Nido "family" is male and female counterparts that obviously are supposed to breed with each other, yet can't for no real reason...

using "it" to describe an known animal/creature is really weird. You won't call your pet "it", but you probably would for a wild animal or a stranger's pet for example.

The official way to refer to Pokémon is "it" regardless of gender
And it is correct language-wise to refer to animals and other creatures as "it"
People just prefer to use he/she for pets cause that feels more... close and nice, I guess

Misty and May were exactly the same even when they had new outfits/Pokémon... @_@"

The bunny already got its new VA during DP...

Anyway, I thought I'll miss the opportunity to watch this live, but I got back home just in time for it! so happy!! ^__^

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom