• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW087: Survival on the Island of Iwark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there are much worse Pokemon that could have been used a lot. Onix is a big ol' intimidating rock monster. He's the ideal threat to anyone who passes through mountain/cave areas. Somebody at TPC apparently likes him a lot, so I have no problem with it.

Onix is absolutely awful. They could have done this with Tyranitar, Nidoking, Aggron, Metagross, Aerodacryl, Salamence or any other rampaging Pokemon.

As I said, both Johto and AG did Onix fillers, why must every series give us an Onix episode when there are 649 Pokemon?

This is actually the reason that I have believed for a while that Onix and Steelix are two of the writers' favorite Pokemon - because they have been showcased in many episodes, filler or otherwise, and here they are again. Not that I mind personally, just thought I'd mention that.

But enough about Onix. I now get to see what kind of chemistry Dawn and Iris wil have, so this should be interesting.

Onix is absolutely awful. They could have done this with Tyranitar, Nidoking, Aggron, Metagross, Aerodacryl, Salamence or any other rampaging Pokemon.

As I said, both Johto and AG did Onix fillers, why must every series give us an Onix episode when there are 649 Pokemon?

No, if any Pokemon you listed was on rampage, they will surely kill Ash as they are way stronger than Onix and it is so hard to stop them. (which I think if Meloetta is late to start singing for 1 second, Ash and Co will be murdered)

I actually don't have anything against Onix (or Steelix) as pokemon. In fact, I think both of them are pretty damn cool. Definately two of the better pokemon from the first couple of gens.
On my part, most of the Onix bitching is just playful ribbing, though there's an element of truth to it.

Scott is right though. There are several alternatives (especially 5 generations in), and if they want to do more episodes with rampaging wild pokemon, it really wouldn't hurt to branch out more. An island with an angry Simisage/Scrafty gang would've been cool...

It doesn't make sense why the writers use the same Pokemon over and over again in the wild. They could have done rampaging Rhydon.

I want rampaging Hoppip =/

I just want Potchama torture in this episode since he really deserves it.

Oh.

I don't think he is annoying at all.

I just want Potchama torture in this episode since he really deserves it.

YES. I SO APPROVE.

Oshawott... It shouldn't have said sorry for that Aqua Jet... Piplup deserves to be pummeled by 100 Giga Impact, at least, and now Oshawott has to say he's sorry for an Aqua Jet? No, seriously. Have Axew and Scraggy attack with it their Giga Impact, Outrage, Hi Jump Kick and Focus Blast, please.

I'm still praying for that to happen.

Jokes aside though, I'm really looking forward to this episode, and can't wait till tomorrow. The interactions between Dawn and Iris just can't go wrong! although it's Dawn we're talking about..

I want rampaging Clefairies or Corsolas. >:|

Oh, writers, your love for long, huge, and hard rock snake Pokemon is almost...pretty odd. I'm glad they got the Onix filler out of the way early, at least.

It's showtime!

Per the Anime Rules at the top of the forum, this speculation thread will be closed. A review thread for this episode will be uploaded after the episode finishes airing. Do not make any new review threads during this time.

If you want to talk about the episode as it's airing, please head over to the IRC Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom