• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW087: Survival on the Island of Iwark!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iteru

Something
Reaction score
Title: イワークの島でサバイバル!
Translation: Survival on the Island of Iwark!
Airing on: July 5, 2012

Source: BW 087 Preview - YouTube

(Off the Pokémon Fan bonus preview DVD.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeahhhhhhhh!
Looks amazing!BTW And Dawn is so much better than Iris!
It's seems funny! So Yep it's a filler but it looks super entertaining and Dawn vs Iris is KICK-ASS!

So the Meloetta arc comes before the WTJC!

Now I know they also brought back Dawn for the eye candy/fan service factor. Early in the season they already have her doing an overly suggestive pose in the part with the Foongus.

This episode looks like an excuse to cram as many gags and wacky facial expressions as they can into a 22 minute timeslot, and I'm cool with that.
Iris and Hikari seem like they'll have some fun interactions, and I'm actually looking forward to 'em. Iris has been pretty meh for a while now imo, and Hikari? Well, you all know how I feel about her providing my whinging has been as incessant as I assume. If this could renew my interest in both of them, that'd be pretty cool.

Oh, and uh, obligatory OH GOD NOT MORE FECKING ONIX comment.

I wonder who the eyes in the rocks belong to? Genesect?

I really hope the scenes with Iris & Dawn aren't going to be a repeat of the early BW episodes with Ash & Iris. I don't think I could bear Iris calling someone a kid every five seconds again.

I bet the writers couldn't wait to give Onix its 10,000th appearance in the Pokemon anime.

Probably a big Onix, or maybe a Steelix.

If we have to see a Steelix again (and it won't be surprising at all knowing the writers, they'd probably jump on this opportunity to show one after the months they suffered not being able to do it) then I hope there's a Bidoof around too... and that it'll randomly throw a shovel to hell only for it to get stuck on the Steelix's head

Anyway, the Dawn/Iris interactions may actually be nice, from what we got to see here... are there any other previews except of this one? (I didn't watch the last two BW eps either, was there any new Season 2 previews with their airings?)

Oh god, now I know what this reminded me of. Remember that first Battle Frontier filler with the "King Onix" or whatever it was? It reminds me of this right here.

Only natural to see the start of a new arc with the typical Onix filler.

You could say that an Onix episode wasn't very Onix-pected.

Wow, I had completely forgotten they used to cram Iwark down our throats back before BW. Glad we're back to that.

I know they want to advertise old Pokemon, but surely they could find someone else?

Oh god, now I know what this reminded me of. Remember that first Battle Frontier filler with the "King Onix" or whatever it was? It reminds me of this right here.

Haha, you're right.

Then again, Best Wishes Season 2 is giving me Battle Frontier vibes (and the bitter tears that will follow once people realize it's not going to be a EVERY GYM LEADER EVER returns-fest like how Battle Frontier skipped out on every Kanto Gym Leader)

Well if this saga gives you Battle Frontier vibes, hopefully that means Ash will win the championship.

Anyway you're right, just like Dawn appearing at the start reminds me of how Misty traveled with the gang to Mt. Moon and then left. Although Misty only stayed for like 2 episodes while Dawn seems to be getting around 5-6.

Wow, I had completely forgotten they used to cram Iwark down our throats back before BW. Glad we're back to that.
Yep. Apparently the Brock's first episode, Bruno's episode, the one with the Onix tunnel in Johto, and the one from early Battle Frontier weren't enough.

So them coming back again is just Onixeptable.

But still, this episode is looking great. I can't wait.

I don't think Iwark is that overused/seen too much. To be honest I can't remember the last time an Iwark was even seen, it's evolved form seems more viable as a complaint. But, the last time I remember an Iwark is back at the Battle Frontier filler episode.

I don't think Iwark is that overused/seen too much. To be honest I can't remember the last time an Iwark was even seen, it's evolved form seems more viable as a complaint. But, the last time I remember an Iwark is back at the Battle Frontier filler episode.
Apart from minor cameos, Roark had one, and some appeared in the maze episode as well.

But on which Island are they now? and why? so much unKnown! :D can't wait! :D

What the hell? Onix was constantly seen in endless filler episodes. Even after Brock stopped using his.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom