• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW087: Survival on the Island of Iwark!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this premiers on July 5th, presumably followed by a gap for the Keldeo movie.

This raises an interesting question; what happens to Meloetta? I know it appears in the short (although, IIRC, we haven't got any confirmation that that's the same Meloetta that's travelling with the group, though it seems likely), but what about the main Keldeo movie itself? It's been nowhere to be seen in any of the trailers or posters so far.

So, either Meloetta leaves the group in this episode (unlikely/underwhelming), the anime and the movies are abandoning continuity between themselves, or they're pulling one hell of a bait-and-switch with the Keldeo movie.

What the hell? Onix was constantly seen in endless filler episodes. Even after Brock stopped using his.

Let's see (from PocketMonsters.net):
19/83 Kanto episodes
10/35 Orange Islands episodes
30/158 Johto episodes
1/133 Hoenn episodes
2/59 Kanto BF episodes
13/191 Sinnoh episodes (including the 2 recap ones)

So that's 75 times before this episode.

Yeah, I would say it appeared quite frequently throughout the anime (except for AG), seeing as it's just one species of Pokémon.

Looking forward to see a good old filler about Onix. Stop lying to yourselves, you all know you want it. I'm quite interested in seeing Dawn and Iris interact, as they're very different from each other, but I also want at least some Dawn/Cilan interactions.

It disturbs me that Onix appeared in 10 Orange Island episodes when Brock wasn't even in that season.

How could I forget Roark's Onix?

The scene where he killed Pikachu with Screech is one of my favorite scenes in the show, game mechanics be damned.

Looks like a fun episode actually. The interactions look kinda fun, but I could have done without Onix.

So this premiers on July 5th, presumably followed by a gap for the Keldeo movie.

This raises an interesting question; what happens to Meloetta? I know it appears in the short (although, IIRC, we haven't got any confirmation that that's the same Meloetta that's travelling with the group, though it seems likely), but what about the main Keldeo movie itself? It's been nowhere to be seen in any of the trailers or posters so far.

So, either Meloetta leaves the group in this episode (unlikely/underwhelming), the anime and the movies are abandoning continuity between themselves, or they're pulling one hell of a bait-and-switch with the Keldeo movie.

It's just like how the Zoroark movie happened during the league. The anime can't always squeeze a place for the movie in.

It disturbs me that Onix appeared in 10 Orange Island episodes when Brock wasn't even in that season.

Does it disturb you now tooXD Brock hasn't used it in a while. I hope Ash remembers Onix this episode and flashbacks to Brock Kanto, please Pokemon.

I love how they talk about how rare it is in the preview. :lol:

Seems odd it makes Satoshi suddenly want to capture one, but ok...

I love how they talk about how rare it is in the preview. :lol:

Seems odd it makes Satoshi suddenly want to capture one, but ok...

Well, I guess it'd seem rare to Dento and Iris at least since they'd never really seen those type of Pokemon. They were surprised about a Pikachu being in that region LOL.

Well, just cuz Brock had one doesn't mean Ash can't want one :p

Careful what you wish for. You might end up with some Beedrill.

Don't forget the randomly angry Ursaring... actually - forget everything - with Dawn around, the group will probably get attacked by a random group of Ariados, which will get totally killed by Dawn's Poké

...W-what... What is this.... Am I actually looking forward to see an episode featuring Dawn?
Oh my... This certainly is an unusual occasion, but I can't say that I don't like it.

Honestly, I love the way this episode is shaping up to be, with Dawn and Iris getting an episode for themselves for the purpose of the two of them bonding with each other. This was pretty much the single reason to why I actually wanted to see Dawn again, since I figured that interactions between Iris and her would surely be lots of fun, and it'd appear that my wish will come true.

Tbh, I can't really see many interesting interactions between Dawn and Cilan, unfortunately, except for them maybe sharing one or two stories about their favorite sparkling moments - with Iris it's a whole different story. The two of them are complete opposites, which was showcased quite clear in the preview, and therefore we might actually get to see something else apart from the ''OMG BFFBFFFBFF!''-thingy. How about some rivalry between the two? Oh, or maybe just hatred towards the other one's way of acting, as they both find it completely unreasonable and immature? I don't know, but something good will definitely come with these two, I just know it. Also, Dawn, enjoy your praise from me while you can, because if you'll go back to that bland and boring personality you had during D/P I'll be hating on you again, and don't make me do that when I'm finally getting my hope up for you.

OH, and I loved how Iris was stunned by Magnemite while Dawn gets a dose of Foongus' Stun Spore. It'd be so awesome if Dawn first was hit by Foongus' Stun Spore so that Iris could call her a kid for being so incautious with approaching it, only for Iris to later meet up with Magnemite and do the exact same thing. I could defnitely see this kind of scenario - make it happen, writers!

ok seem like this is starting to be a good episode.

finally a episode that i can enjoy.

Dawn swinging from that vine and then iris and dawn getting attack by pokemon is just funny.

Probably a big Onix, or maybe a Steelix.

or maybe a shiny onix or steelix?

This episode just looks even more hilarious. Both Hikari and Iris look very funny in this episode and I like that they're playing neither knowing the Pokémon foreign to their region. It's cool to see that being addressed. Between this and the previous episode, it just really looks like having Hikari around is gonna be fun.

"I'm going to GETTO YOU!"
Not sure how I feel about Satoshi with an Iwark, guess it could be sort of similar to Takeshi's. But, I doubt we would get a lot of group interactions for it, mainly because it's so big it can't be let out in a Pokemon Center at all and can't play with the other Pokemon, vine swinging, love triangles, and such. I want it to be a Steelix if he does get it, but I doubt he'll get it. Plus Satoshi has a clusterfuck of Pokemon that are being neglected in the areas of battles, training, and screentime, I imagine the same would happen with this Iwark. I doubt he's catching it, but if he does um....Ha-ray? I can just picture the many complaints about how bland its personality is if he does get it and complaining about Iwark and it's evolution being overly showcased.
Satoshi, wants to catch an Iwark? Weird. I wouldn't mind.

Might be interesting to see Ash captures one Pokemon from a past region but I am sure it'd be one more unique.

wwwdotuporg3043990.jpg

Ah, so it wasn't Meloetta getting attack by Onix, but the other way around.

I would love it if ash caught an Onix, but where did it say that he wanted one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom