• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW087: Survival on the Island of Iwark!

It was an good/decent episode I guess, nothing to jump for joy over but it got the job done.

-Hikari and Iris interactions were the key thing this episode. I mean come on, DUAL KODOMO NE! The chemistry between these two was so nice and endearing. I already like Kodomo Ne since it's pretty coy so seeing Hikari join in on this too and Satoshi's reactions were great. Iris getting zapped, Hikari getting Stun Spore'd, Iris' acrobatic jungle skills, Hikari falling into the bush, them both running away from the Iwark were all nice moments for the two girls.

-Meleotta's singing and Step Forme-In Fight attack made me like Meleotta a bit. Not to mention the two Water-type mascots' fawning over her. Mijumaru's use of Hydro Pump was cool and I'm glad he learned a new strong move since he's a strong fighter but, Gamagaru and Pochama both already know that move. I wouldn't have minded Water Oath if they wanted a Water-type move. I also like how they both went superhero to save Meleotta when she was in distress. Standing side by side like that, and both knocking themselves near unconsciousness from their physical head attacks. This episode also established Meleotta's singing apparently isn't the answer to all distraught Pokemon.

-Iwark is still boring to me.

-Iris training on-screen. Yeah, I already knew Iris trained off-screen from her comments in past episodes. Though it's nice to see it on-screen.

And what? No Sailor Moon Jokes in response of Meloetta's Relic Song? SHAME ON THIS THREAD! >:O

Anyway this was a fun episode
Yes, yes it was. So much fun stuff. XD Sailor Meloetta was the first thing I thought of when I saw that transformation scene. Or henshin for you Japanese-philes. :p It had to be some sort of nod to Sailor Moon or other series like it.

Funny how people got all upset over the "kodomoe ne" stuff that was clearly Played For Laughs. :p

I also liked how Dawn's Magic Skirt was no match for the breeze the boat created, so she actually had to hold it down this time. :p

Last edited:
Ugh, Hikari let Iris infect her with the kodomo ne thing >_>''
Good to see the writers didn't forget about Takeshi. I gotta say Dent is leagues ahead of him as far as cooking and battling goes.

At the end of this episode there was a Rocket Dan Live Caster.
They were VERY in-character in the live caster, even if it has no relevance to the plot itself and was just a contest thing for free B/W 2 game cards. It only makes me question more WTH are the writers thinking. =/ I wish they'd act that way IN the episodes...

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom