• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've enjoyed most Cilan episodes but this one sounds just plain terrible and out of place. It also bugs me that while Dawn is here they're using fillers about Cilan to extend her episode count.

Why is extending her episode count bad? I'm glad she'll be here for lots of episodes.

No one has even translated the episode summery we have yet. I don't see how you can say it's bad already.

I don't mind Cubchoo showing up again. I mean, it's only had one episode so far, so I don't think there's any harm in bringing up the species once more.

However, we have had an awful lot of it's evolved form getting screen time this series. They could have put it off for a while, especially since we only just had the ice gym and Langley episodes recently.

I don't know. Yogiras/Kumasyun bond seems pretty interesting and I liked the previous Detective Dent episode(mostly because of Dangoro getting good screentime, the amazing unresolved sexual tension between Rina and Arata, and Tabunne's large moveset being showcased though). I still wonder why they decided to pair up a dragonic, greedy, needy, red eyed Ground-type that has a drill for a butt and is left around to troll by it's parents; and a crybaby, self-deprecating, adorable, blue headed Ice-type who is very popular and dependant on their parents. Last time we had such combo, they were trying to kill each other for ribbons.

I'm glad we're finally seeing Sommelier Detective Dent in action again since the Tabunne episode.

maybe Dento could catch Kumashun for example or some general novel interactions with Satoshi Quartet-Tachi?
I doubt anyone will catch Kumashun seeing as it's missing which means it may belong somewhere.

The title for BW035: "Detective Connoisseur Cilan! The Case of the Disappearing Audino!"
The title for BW088: "Detective Connoisseur Cilan! The Mystery of the Missing Cubchoo!"

Based on past experience, I'm not looking forward to this episode. BW035 wasn't exactly the best filler episode. Even though his name was in the title, Cilan was underutilized in the case, and all he did was lead Ash and co. to the main source of the Audino crisis (TRio). Ash and the two Psychic COTDs had much more screentime back then. Considering that Dawn is still travelling with the BW trio, I'm not expecting Cilan to have a lot of use in this episode, either.

On another note, I hope that TRio will be too pre-occupied with catching Meloetta throughout BW Season 2 to be the main cause of the disappearance in this episode as well. At the very least, I want BW088 to be unique and different enough that the entire episode isn't a complete rehash of BW035.

What if Larvitar is the trouble maker here? It leads Cubchoo away from its family(or caretaker, whatever) and they both go missing. Hysteria and a search party ensues.

I wonder why they keep including Larvitar in these random "small pokemon" episodes. They did the same thing in one of the last episodes of Battle Frontier when the gang was at the Pokemon Center waiting for Brandon's rematch.

No one has even translated the episode summery we have yet. I don't see how you can say it's bad already.

Title: ソムリエ探偵デント!消えたクマシュンの謎!!
Translation: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!
Airing on: July 19, 2012

350rqye.jpg
The Kumasyun that was in the Pokemon House is Missing!? Into the woods to search for Kumasyun! Based on Dent's clues, they head further into the woods...!?

Just curious, is Dawn's VA listed for this episode? Probably a silly question.

end up pretty bland(Hello 1st Detective episode and Fishing episode!).

There are something that are not meant to be said in this world. "THE WORLD OF FISHING ISN'T EASY." =P

Picking on Fishing Sommelier Dento is a no no.

I hope this time in this episode Dento wears his trench coat. xD Like Detective Dento is adorkable...but he's quite amazing in his head. XD He probably thinks he wears that trench coat in his Detective Time.

Just curious, is Dawn's VA listed for this episode? Probably a silly question.

I'm just curious why you seem more interested in Dawn than anything else in this episode. I'm liking the appearance of Larvitar, cause he's awesome! Although I hope the thing with Cilan doesn't mean they are still retaining the more than usual "kiddy" feel that BW had :/.

I'll be happy if we get to see Dento in his detective time outfit again, that is all. *promptly skips rest of episode, moves on*

OMG, I want the outfit back. I hope Satoshi's more the Watson to Dent's Holmes this time around. XD

This is exactly why this episode needs to happen. You can't just go from plot to plot to plot. You need to give the audience some time to breathe.

I could not agree with this more. We know there's two battling tournaments coming up and with the whole Sakkaki/Kairyu/Kami Trio/Meloetta/Shirona Clash of the Titans going around, it's nice to just have a laugh and be entertained by the show. And honestly, everytime in BW there's a filler, there's a mini-freakout in preview threads, but then... those episode air and they're usually really great while the plot episodes have sorta been lackluster compared what they could have been.

Yeah, it's a filler, but honestly, the funny moments in there are going to be entertaining and that's good enough for me. :)

Interested how will Iris now react to a Ice type!? and why are they searching for him?

Exactly the same way she reacted the same way she saw a Kumasyun, i.e. she was totally fine with it and didn't care about its type in the least.

Why are people so upset about the filler? I agree with Cynthia and Flint, a filler like this is needed between important episodes. As long as it's a decent filler, of course. And the more episodes Hikari is in, the happier I am.

Why are people so upset about the filler? I agree with Cynthia and Flint, a filler like this is needed between important episodes. As long as it's a decent filler, of course. And the more episodes Hikari is in, the happier I am.

Because if they're bringing an old character back, you'd expect them to have a big role in most episodes and to, "Get to the point" of what they came back for. What is Dawn doing to do in a Cilan detective episode?

I understand the Onix episode was good for Dawn/Iris interaction and the Dragonite episode looks great, but this is just pointless. Dawn came back for the Junior tournament, not to stand around so Piplup gets more screentime.

Because if they're bringing an old character back, you'd expect them to have a big role in most episodes and to, "Get to the point" of what they came back for. What is Dawn doing to do in a Cilan detective episode?

I understand the Onix episode was good for Dawn/Iris interaction and the Dragonite episode looks great, but this is just pointless. Dawn came back for the Junior tournament, not to stand around so Piplup gets more screentime.

This could easily be a capture episode for Dawn or move learning ep. maybe Pilup learns Shell blade. XD hahahahah
They want to pull Dawn off as long as possible. And some childish fillers, are a part of the show.

No, you can't decide what's the reason Dawn came here... also, even if the tournament was the only reason she came (which might not be the only reason) why would that prevent her from staying for a while in Unova and travel around a little with her best friend?
May came for the Wallace Cup and then immediately left - she barely got to do anything other than battles and missed a lot
Dawn seems to not come to participate in one specific event and leave like May did, but actually stay with the group for a while... which also explains why she's heavily advertised to us, because she's pretty much a main character again, at least for 2-3 months or so, even if she'll leave after that
So we're going to see Dawn do various different things - hang around with the twerps, interact with them, participate in the tournament, probably get involved with the TRio/Meloetta stuff, battle Cilan, interactions with Iris as we saw in previews, probably be around for Iris/Dragonite(and possibly Drayden) stuff, will be around for this Cilan ep (and will probably contribute something to both of these eps), and so on...
I think Dawn deserves what she's getting now, considering she's the most important character in this whole show other than Ash

OMG, I want the outfit back. I hope Satoshi's more the Watson to Dent's Holmes this time around. XD

dear god, i want.
with all of the little not-really heterosexual touches and the soul partnership. <3

Ya know, I find this entire X SOMMELIER thing Dent's been doing entirely pointless. Dent has already shown that he can be a detective in BW 080 "Pokémon Sommelier Showdown! Tasting Battle!!" when he was trying to find out which Pokemon Momotchi wanted to have without wearing the hat he stole from Sherlock Holmes and being all sparkly. So, why do the writers waste an episode's time with making him sparkle when he's equally entertaining and not annoying without sparkling? Probably fanservice and viewership increase. Putting Sommelier Detective Dent! in the title will surely attract his sparkle hungry fans.

Already there was an episode about a lost Cubchoo, besides I smell an episode very similar ...snif snif.... Cilan's detective cofcofparaphiliascofcof skills in the case of lost Audinos.

when Dawn leaves (or dies, whichever comes first) we will mourn, we will snarling about that Dawn stayed little time ... and also there is more time to see Piplup suffer XD

Putting Sommelier Detective Dent! in the title will surely attract his sparkle hungry fans.
Not long ago we had Cilan and one of his fangirlism attack... is too early to a detective fangirl fever XD I wonder if Chilli and Cress have a unhealthy liking for something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom