• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Missing Kumasyun!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenplay: Yukiyoshi Ōhashi
Storyboard: Yūji Asada
Assistant director: Takenori Kawada
Animation director: Masaaki Iwane

Iwane AND a sommelier episode, all in one? SHIT JUST GOT REAL, BITCHES!!

Not impressed, this is the kind of episode where a medium-skilled animator should be in charge as that would suffice, not the ace himself. Feels like a waste, I'd much rather have him do any of the two upcoming Kairyu episodes :)D).
Um, what XD? Masaaki Iwane is praised to be one of the best, if not THE best animators of this show with his brilliant animation. Though, that's up to opinion of course.

The episode is starting to sound better and better. I'm a huge fan of detective related stuff like Detective Conan so I hope that the case of a missing kumasyun turns out to be interesting like the one with the Tabunne. That episode led to some interesting and educational stuff regarding waves and of how some Pokemon like Tabunne and Dangoro respond to them.

I'm a little disappointed that Iwane is animating what appears to be another filler episode instead of something related to the Junior Cup tournament.

Chris says that Kumasyun has disappeared from a locked room in a Pokemon House.

Why was the pokemon locked in a room in the first place?

Not impressed, this is the kind of episode where a medium-skilled animator should be in charge as that would suffice, not the ace himself. Feels like a waste, I'd much rather have him do any of the two upcoming Kairyu episodes :)D).

This. I'm dissapointed too, but it is always a pleasure to watch any episode animated by him, no matter how filler it is.

Why does Iwane always end up doing filler episodes? I'm still sour (Yes, after all these years.) that the Roxanne episodes were handled by the two worst animation directors at the time.

Also, Human, I believe the one being made was that a fantastic animator such as Iwane shouldn't be working on a filler episode that should be handled by one of the lesser animators, not that there was anything bad with Iwane's work.

Why does Iwane always end up doing filler episodes? I'm still sour (Yes, after all these years.) that the Roxanne episodes were handled by the two worst animation directors at the time.

They (OLM) have actually done a very good job in giving him the important episodes in both D/P (examples: the final contest, the Paul league battles, the final ep of the series) and B/W (Plasma vs TR, final Donamite etc), so handing him this episode was a surprise indeed.

Also, Human, I believe the one being made was that a fantastic animator such as Iwane shouldn't be working on a filler episode that should be handled by one of the lesser animators, not that there was anything bad with Iwane's work.
This.

Last edited:
They (OLM) have actually done a very good job in giving him the important episodes in both D/P (examples: the final contest, the Paul league battles, the final ep of the series) and B/W (Plasma vs TR, final Donamite etc), so handing him this episode was a surprise indeed.

They also have a habit of giving Iwane random filler episodes to work on, which was the point I was making. This is made even more annoying by the fact that they were often preceeding or proceeding more important/battle orientated episodes. ("Winner by a Nosepass", which had terrible animation, followed by Iwane's "Stairway to Devon".)

...I think the main thing about this episode that concerns me is why a Pokemon was being kept in a locked room. I guess someone didn't get the notice that someone invented these handy little balls that allow you to store and transport Pokemon with ease.

That CotD could be based on Drake/Draco from Bourgeoir family.

Honestly this episode still sounds terrible. It's as if it was only made so Dawn could see Cilan in detective mode.

Re: BW088: Sommelier Detective Dent! The Mystery of the Disappeared Kumasyun!!

What is with these fillers? I understood the Onix episode at least allowed some Dawn and Iris interaction, but WTF is the point of this episode?

Do we really need more fillers this early on when BW2 has a lot of events in it? And this is another ep Dawn is sticking around for? So Dawn gets to stay for pointless fillers too?

What? I LOVE fillers like these! Especially if they revolve around Dent. As far as I'm concerned Dawn is an annoying, degenerate wheel who goes with them. We need more episodes like these, just without Dawn.

What is with these fillers? I understood the Onix episode at least allowed some Dawn and Iris interaction, but WTF is the point of this episode?

Do we really need more fillers this early on when BW2 has a lot of events in it? And this is another ep Dawn is sticking around for? So Dawn gets to stay for pointless fillers too?

What? I LOVE fillers like these! Especially if they revolve around Dent. As far as I'm concerned Dawn is an annoying, degenerate wheel who goes with them. We need more episodes like these, just without Dawn.

Your username gives me reason why you love episodes like this. Don't know why you'd hate Dawn though, cuz shes taking attention away or some thing? Any ways, I agree with Scott for once they did some thing like this back in Best Wishes series why need another one? Is it just so Dawn can be impressed or freaked out? I hope the other, it'd at least give a laugh.

The only thing that makes me kinda excited is the rivalry between Scraggy and Larvitar, that should be fun.

I still think that Dento will catch Larvitar, and it would make kinda sense. In the last episode Jeremy mentioned that whenever you see the rare Onix something lucky will happen you. They all also stated that they felt that something good would indeed happen to all of them after they saw it, and if Dento catches Larvitar and Iris catches Dragonite something ''good'' will have occurred for the both of them, right? As for Dawn and Ash... I dunno, one of them maybe wins the Junior Cup while the other one evolves a Pokémon?

I'm just taking a wild guess here, but it might happen.

Your username gives me reason why you love episodes like this. Don't know why you'd hate Dawn though, cuz shes taking attention away or some thing? Any ways, I agree with Scott for once they did some thing like this back in Best Wishes series why need another one? Is it just so Dawn can be impressed or freaked out? I hope the other, it'd at least give a laugh.

Are you serious? Your username gives me enough reason why you don't want episodes like these. "Taking attention away or something?" Fail. I've never liked Dawn from day one. Her ratings suck anyway. Where are YOUR statistics? Exactly. You have none. Which is why your post is unconvincing. Smh.

Anyway, are you surprised that these fillers are repetitive? This is POKEMON. Pokemon is repetitive and has been since the start. This shouldn't serve as a shocker to you. Sometimes fillers are necessary in between arcs and I personally enjoy fillers like these in general.

Last edited:
Yeah, as someone who actually did part of a stats degree, I'm gonna straight out say that using them to convince someone about an opinion on a character is never going to work and should never be expected to (you only really need to know the basic concept of statistics to come to that conclusion). Generally I think you should cool down a little; the post is quite rude and you can disagree without comments such as "Fail."

I still think that Dento will catch Larvitar

Since Dent and Iris episodes have kinda mirrored each other lately and she catches something next episode, so I think this could happen, especially as Yogiras seems kinda random there. I hope it has an interesting personality and I like that it could mean we're finally getting a real rivalry between two baby pokémon on the main cast with the way Zuruggu and Yogiras are eyeing each other. That's how you spell drama. XD

The Kumasyun plot sounds average, but I have faith in Dent, Hikari, Satoshi, Zuruggu and Yogiras to make this fun. :)

Here is my theory. Since everyone is getting lucky in next 4-5 episodes here's what will happen in my opinion. So Dent catches Larvitar and Iris gets a Dragonite. Now Dawn will probably win the tournament while Ash's Krokorok will evolve. Why am I thinking this? Well when did Ash win anything besides OL and BF? And Dawn will probably win because she's introduced here :p.

He won the Tag Battle Tournament with Paul. And I forget did he win the Grass Battle Tournament back in Johto? I think he did but I'm not sure.

Here is my theory. Since everyone is getting lucky in next 4-5 episodes here's what will happen in my opinion. So Dent catches Larvitar and Iris gets a Dragonite. Now Dawn will probably win the tournament while Ash's Krokorok will evolve. Why am I thinking this? Well when did Ash win anything besides OL and BF? And Dawn will probably win because she's introduced here :p.

I don't know, May came back and Dawn won against her. I at least hope she gets far in the thing, she and Ash need to get far, I'm hopping Iris gets knocked out in her second battle and Dento maybe third?? Having the rivals getting far would be some thing well I kind of don't want Trip to win as Ash has been loosing to him in every battle but he has been on a loosing streak but. It'd be nice if Ash got to the last round ^
Thats funny, Ash used travel around with a Larvitar the irony if Dento catches it. I remember back in the days when people wanted Ash to catch the thing. I wonder if Ash will remember that he used to travel around with one? I'm sure he will this time, hes actually been having a pretty good memory with older generations Pokemon.

Preview
- Cilan has his detective cap on.
- He spins around and pushes Iris out of the way before posing.
- A mysterious figure runs beside a building at night.
- The figure is in front of Cubchoo.
- Cubchoo during the day during a tree and grassy area being happy.
- Cubchoo's trainer looks for Cubchoo whilst Meloetta is near him and then turns invisible.
- Cilan pulls out his Magnifying glass and looks through it.
- Pignite crashes into Mamoswine.
- Dawn calls for a move.
- Mamoswine uses Ice Shard.
- Ash calls for a move.
- Scraggy uses Hi Jump Kick against Larvitar and misses.
- Larvitar uses Hidden Power?
- Piplup knocks away a Joltik, to protect Oshawott?
- Joltik uses Electronet.
- Cilan fins a clue and the gang move onward.
- Cubchoo's trainer pulls out a Pokeball.
- A Beartic is eating.
- Iris is scared.
- Cilan being a detective some more.

Preview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_DLAIOkjgo&feature=plcp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom