• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW089: Iris and the roughneck Kairyu

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am out of touch with the news lately, so... Has it been posted before?
2rqdsec.png

So the Dragonite knows what appears to be Flamethrower as well? What else can it do?

We already saw that it could use Flamethrower in one of the trailers, that's why people have been so worried for it to beat Ice-types. :p

Oh, and it can use ThunderPunch too, if I recall correctly. It'd be cool if it had Extremespeed.

I'm hoping we'll see Extremespeed too, as well as either Dragon Pulse or Dragonbreath. I'm a little bored of Draco Meteor and Dragon Rush myself.

Interesting scans.

I'm now worried that by the next saga, the new female MC will catch a super strong evolved Pokémon the same episode as the fucking tournament.

If that really happens, I'll consider the writers the worst writers in the history of anime.

...I could have died for Johto's writers.

Stick to the episode please and the things in it.

I'm hoping we'll see Extremespeed too, as well as either Dragon Pulse or Dragonbreath. I'm a little bored of Draco Meteor and Dragon Rush myself.

I agree. Draco Meteor is definitely overused. We've pretty much seen that move with every Dragon-type we've encountered, but it kinda feels like every powerful Dragon-type we encounter must have that move. I mean, even Cynthia's Garchomp used Draco Meteor in the battle against Axew, when it previously (did it have it back in Sinnoh? If I recall correctly it didn't, but I'm not sure) didn't have that move. I guess that since Garchomp has been established as an extremely powerful Pokémon they just had to give it Draco Meteor. Wasn't Dragon Rush already enough? :/

Oh, and Dragon Pulse would've been nice! I like the way it's animated, like a green sphere. Kinda reminded me of Aura Sphere. :)

So the Dragonite knows what appears to be Flamethrower as well? What else can it do?

We already saw that it could use Flamethrower in one of the trailers, that's why people have been so worried for it to beat Ice-types. :p

Oh, and it can use ThunderPunch too, if I recall correctly. It'd be cool if it had Extremespeed.

And Thunderfang oddly enough, based on some old footage.

Last edited:
I mean, even Cynthia's Garchomp used Draco Meteor in the battle against Axew, when it previously (did it have it back in Sinnoh? If I recall correctly it didn't, but I'm not sure) didn't have that move.

It used it during the Galactic final (only ep we saw it use the move in DP IIRC).

And Thunderfang oddly enough b based on some old footage.

Are you sure? I think you might be misinterpreting Thunder Punch as Thunder Fang. The first was close to its face from the angle of the scene.

It is good though that they're giving it a varied moveset. Other BW have really suffered in that regard.

Ah, that's right! I completely forgot that Garchomp used that move in the Galactic Finale! Thanks for correcting me. :)

I mean, even Cynthia's Garchomp used Draco Meteor in the battle against Axew, when it previously (did it have it back in Sinnoh? If I recall correctly it didn't, but I'm not sure) didn't have that move.

It used it during the Galactic final (only ep we saw it use the move in DP IIRC).

Are you sure? I think you might be misinterpreting Thunder Punch as Thunder Fang. The first was close to its face from the angle of the scene.

It is good though that they're giving it a varied moveset. Other BW have really suffered in that regard.

Yeah, I remember a preview where it was definitely trying to bite Pikachu and Piplup with electricity surging from its mouth.

Yeah, I remember a preview where it was definitely trying to bite Pikachu and Piplup with electricity surging from its mouth.

I doubt it was Thunder Fang, since Dragonite can't learn that.

Preview
- Dragonite flies and uses a fire move.
- Hydreigon uses Hyper Beam.
- Iris and Ash crawl through an air vent.
- Dragonite scares Dawn and Piplup.
- Piplup uses Bubblebeam.
- Oshawott uses Hydro Pump.
- Iris, Piplup and Oshawott get past a wall with a hole in it.
- Ash, Dawn, Pikachu and Meloetta are on the other side.
- Ash's side gets blocked by falling rubble from above.
- Dragonite crouches over in pain.
- Iris touches Dragonite and he glows from where she touches Dragonite.
- Iris stands in front of Dragonite.
- Jenny yells.
- Gurdurr, Darmanitan, Ferrothorn and Magmotar launch attacks.
- Dragonite stands and roars in front of the group.
- Oshawott and Piplup dodge Dragonite's attack.

ポケットモンスター ベストウイッシュ シーズン2 - YouTube

Last edited:
Seriously, this is looking awesome~

I still am not a huge fan of Iris catching Dragonite, but I'm warming up to it more and more.

Also, how come that we almost always get to hear that amazingly awesome preview music with every Iris centered episode?

...Oh, right. :p

Dont know if any anyone posted this yet but here's a preview...

[video=youtube;49VCUPp4PFw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49VCUPp4PFw&feature=g-all-u[/video]

I just noticed something. I hope Ash does end up catching Meloetta. It suits him more than I thouhgt it would. If Iris can have a Dragonite, I don't see why Ash can't have a tiny singing Pokemon.

So Iris gets separated from Ash and Dawn, Cilan no where to be seen. Looks like a strong episode to me.

I'm interested in seeing the battle between Dragonite and Hydreigon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom