• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW091: Power Battle! Iris vs. Hikari!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Playerking

Not-well known member.
Reaction score
From 2ch/PokéFan

There's a japanese summary I think, but it won't show up.

Haru-Kaa from Serebii informed me of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BW? Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Yeah I tried to post this a second ago but you beat me to it.. the summary didn't post for me too.

As a useful trick, print screen it and post it as an image.

This is from the newest Pokemon Fan.

Spoilers include:
*The Junior Cup will have 16 participants. Cabernet will be participating. Bel and Kenyan do not appear to be.
*A battle between Iris' Kairyu VS Hikari's Manmoo will take place August 23rd
*Kairyu's battle instinct is so strong it won't listen to Iris' orders (who saw that coming?)
*Satoshi will use Hahakomori in the first round. His opponent is unknown.
*Dent will use Yanappu against someone's Dentula
*Cabernet will be using a Hihidaruma. Shootie will be using Jalorda.
*The following Pokemon were shown without any context. They will probably appear in the cup: Dentula, Chillaccino, Kaburumo, Lanculus, Kuitaran, Gobit, Zebraika, Mebukijika, Mooland.

Yes, Cinccino and Reuniclus will appear in the anime soon.

I find it weird that Cinccino and Zebstrika are said to be in this tournament, yet there are no signs of Bianca or Stephan participating.

And what's with Burgundy having a Darmanitan? It's weird that she does have one, considering how unusual her tastes are.

Re: BW093(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Oh Fuck! That means Iris advances and Georgia is eliminated....

Thanks a lot Writers >.>

BW093? If BW090 is the first round, BW091 the second, BW092 the third, BW092 the fourth and final one with 16 participants, then this is the last battle. Holy shit. This is the Wallace Cup all over again.

BW093? If BW090 is the first round, BW091 the second, BW092 the third, BW092 the fourth and final one with 16 participants, then this is the last battle. Holy shit. This is the Wallace Cup all over again.

There is a break on the 9th.

So, Dawn Vs Iris, huh...

I don't care if Iris uses Dragonite... I still just want her to beat Dawn so bad. Shame that she's not using Piplup, that'd be like killing two birds with one stone, but I don't like Mamoswine either, so that's alright. I want Dragonite to roast Mamoswine and Dawn completely 'till there's only ash left of it, and then I want it to dasfasfgdbfs

I just want Iris to win this battle, but that will surely not happen. Dawn and Ash will definitely face-off at one point, and if that already hasn't happened (and Dawn beat Ash? Nah) it'll definitely occur in a later round. Ugh.

Oh, and 16 participants? What is this? Don Tournament? Good see that Burgundy is here though, but if she's up again Trip she'll definitely lose in the first round. Again. Damn, they're really portraying her as punchbag, aren't they?

Nice to see that Iris is indeed having problems with controlling Dragonite as I thought. That itself makes the capture slightly more justified, although I hope that it's nothing that they'll work out in just this tournament. It'd be way better if she continued struggling with it after the tournament, giving the both of them some more development.

Ash is using Leavanny? Great! It put up a great fight against Koffing in its last battle, so I'm glad to see it being used one more time.

Dento is using Pansage... *Sigh* Now, I love both Dento and Pansage, but Stunfisk is being neglected. Has that fish even received one victory yet? Oh well, he might use it later if he advances. Up against Galvantula Pansage is in a disadvantage, but since when did the writers start caring for type-matchup? Oh, and let's not forget Rock Tomb, too.

Darmanitan for Burgundy is... random. I remember that I saw it in the BW2 previwws before though, so it must've been Burgundy's then. I don't like how Burgundy is given fully evolved Pokémon all the time, the only exception is Dewott. Can't they give her a pre-evolved form of something, so that we then can see that Pokémon develop and recognize Burgundy's progress as a trainer? Like we saw with Bianca and all of her Pokémon? No, it apparently doesn't work that way. Nonetheless, I'm still glad to see her appearing in this tournament, but the fact that she'll surely lose to Trip bugs me. She's just like Stunfisk, she hasn't got a single victory in her bag, and this will be the third time she loses in the first round. Poor gurl.

*The following Pokemon were shown without any context. They will probably appear in the cup: Chillaccino

YES. FINALLY.

Cinccino is an awesome Pokémon, and I'm so glad that Bianca finally evolves her Minccino (if it belongs to her?). She definitely deserves it, and unlike Burgundy we've actually seen that Bianca has steadily been growing and developing as a trainer, not to mention for how long she's actually had Minccino in her possession. This is a well-deserved evolution.

OK, so Iris proceeds with a Kairyu given to her at literally last minute, overcoming a 4x disadvantage against Tsunbear, gets through at least 1 MORE round and gets to face Hikari in a later round (which is probably the final, but not confirmed yet, especially judging by this title)?

Some of my worst fears are already confirming. If justice prevailed, Iris would be crushed or simply plain LOST in this episode! But yeah... expect more BS wins and an undeserved win over Hikari. Yeah, it'll be undeserved with a chance of 99,5%, for the reasons mentioned above, and because Iris hardly ever wins fairly.

I don't go to Sppf that often, but looking over there to get more information on the episode it appears that Burgundy potentially was also eliminated early.

Why writers! Why! O_O

If this indeed is true, then I officially declare the writers prejudice towards all female characters with Purple hair(and no Harley does not count since he beat May once)

Ugh...This episode is just ugh... Like really? Does promotion matter that much? Maybe Ash's "new rival" is Iris after all. I'm team Dawn on this one. I don't give a shit if this is the 2nd main girl she beats.

They probably only are doing this because Dawn lost a contest with Mamoswine when it was going out of control. Dawn will probably play a role in helping Iris and Dragonite, but this whole thing still is just...wrong.

Really, like is Ash even still here? I wonder how important he will be made out to be?

OK, so Iris proceeds with a Kairyu given to her at literally last minute, overcoming a 4x disadvantage against Tsunbear, gets through at least 1 MORE round and gets to face Hikari in a later round (which is probably the final, but not confirmed yet, especially judging by this title)?

If this is the the third episode I doubt that the battle against Dawn will be in the third round. With Iris and Langley's battle being the first battle of the first episode along with the exhibition match those two battles themselves might just take up the whole first episode, if not a couple of more mini-battles. However, the episode that comes after this (and airs on 16th of July, I believe?) will then also be used to end the first round just the way it was in the Don Tournaments. So, if Dawn and Iris battle in the third episode it'll definitely be in the second round, and not the third.

So just to make things clear based on what we know now, this means that

- Iris' Dragonite is indeed the new Charizard (though most of the time her Pokemon learn moves is when she either isn't there or they're randomly learned without Iris having anything to do with it, so in a way this lack of control of her Pokemon isn't a new thing for her - this is probably just the first time something might actually come of it).

- Despite Charizard syndrome and the MASSIVE TYPE DISADVANTAGE, Georgia is eliminated anyway, in the first round no less. Lovely. Wouldn't be surprised if this marks the end of the rivalry and Georgia REALLY starts kissing Iris' ass after this.

- Since it's established that BW don' give a fuck about type logic, Mamoswine's type advantage will be just as meaningless here and since it's new girl companion vs. previous series' companion, Dawn will probably lose. Fantastic.

- Maybe this is for the purpose of trying not to make it useless by giving it more battle experience, but why the fuck does Ash have to use Leavanny and not a member of his team that doesn't suck AND could make use of an evolution somewhere around here (since they happen so often in gym battles, I see this being no less bullshitty than that, even though both are bullshit in essence... but where the fuck else pre-League is Ash going to have the opportunity to evolve some dudes?)

Now. Part of me hopes Burgundy is going against Trip in the first round and beats him, because she's cooler than him and Trip really has nothing to gain from getting anywhere in this tournament and because I want to see type logic actually work in this series from time to time. Of course this means if they are pitted against each other, Burgundy will lose because we can't have the fun characters progressing in these things.

I find it highly suspect that Bianca and Stephan are not being spoken of here, ESPECIALLY since their signature species are being shown off here, but maybe they were just forgotten to be mentioned. Given that they were in the OP and all, I'd find it hard to believe they wouldn't be here. Hopefully Stephan can take the fall in the first round (if only because he won the last tournament), but please let Bianca do well so I'll know Donamite wasn't a fluke.

But what the fuck does any of this even matter. Doesn't help that Iris is battling a girl who also had issues with her Pokemon listening to her before, so I'm willing to bet Dawn will throw Iris a bone at some point and give her enough advice to ensure Iris another bullshit win she doesn't deserve.

Odds of someone intervening or putting Iris in her place are looking grimly slim now.

Someone, advance time to pass the rest of this summer. Dun care if it hasn't started yet; I'm declaring this a bust that will likely only be saved, once again, by character interactions.

Last edited:

Oh, geez, so Iris managed to defeat Georgia, even with a x4 type disadvantage AND with a Pokemon that disobeys her? This is getting ridiculous, and now the exact same thing is probably going to happen with Dawn's Mamoswine as well. Is Iris the reincarnation of Arceus?

Here's hoping Dawn wipes the floor with Iris and wakes her up a bit...

I'm already seeing it all now in front of my eyes. Iris will reach the final, kick Dawn's ass, proceed to Alder, beat him, become the new champion of the Unova region and go to Elesa's hairdresser to change her hair to her BW2 one. Doing all of this while she can't even control her Pokemon's strength.

Last edited:
Re: BW092(?): Iris' Dragonite VS Dawn's Mamoswine!

Just as Dawn beat May, Iris will beat Dawn.

Your tears, they will be delicious.

I'm already seeing it all now in front of my eyes. Iris will reach the final, kick Dawn's ass, proceed to Alder, beat him, become the new champion of the Unova region and go to Elesa's hairdresser to change her hair to her BW2 one. Doing all of this while she can't even control her Pokemon's strength.

The fact that I, a fan, can see the writers pulling something like this or even similar to it as a possibility is scary.

I actually would love to call you wrong, crazy, sarcastic...but right now I just don't know. If the writers want to make Iris Champion or even close to it, they very well can. No matter how shitty it is and that just sucks.

So just to make things clear based on what we know now, this means that

- Iris' Dragonite is indeed the new Charizard (though most of the time her Pokemon learn moves is when she either isn't there or they're randomly learned without Iris having anything to do with it, so in a way this lack of control of her Pokemon isn't a new thing for her - this is probably just the first time something might actually come of it).

Well Iris's Pokemon have altogether have only learnt 3 new moves under her care.

Focus Blast
Outrage
Giga Impact

You're completely right about Focus Blast.

But most moves learnt by Pokemon are random and the trainers are shocked as well. Trainers never have anything to do with it, unless you mean that other trainers push their Pokemon with training and in battles, then I can say that Iris also does that as well.

Oh, geez, so Iris managed to defeat Georgia, even with a x4 type disadvantage AND with a Pokemon that disobeys her? This is getting ridiculous, and now the exact same thing is probably going to happen with Dawn's Mamoswine as well. Is Iris the reincarnation of Arceus?

Well maybe this is a really strong Dragonite and it uses non Dragon moves against Beartic. And it could use it's own sort of techniques a bit instead of using moves to beat Beartic, where the disobeying might come in.

Don't think of it being a ridiculous win until you see how she wins.

Here's hoping Dawn wipes the floor with Iris and wakes her up a bit...

She doesn't need to "Wake up".

From the parts of BW089 that we've seen, Dragonite seems like an angry and disturbed Pokemon, so maybe it's fair that she can't control it knowing that it seems like a rough Pokemon. Plus I think her having to tame Dragonite is okay, since she wants to be a Dragon Master. Heck, maybe her making Excadrill feel better was a step in this direction. I think of it like this.

Iris makes Excadrill Obey her > Iris gets a Dragonite > It doesn't obey her > Iris tames it whilst raising her other Pokemon > Then she get other strong Dragon Pokemon and raise them in order to become a strong Dragon Master.

Sure it'll be her 4th Pokemon that she's had trouble with, but this one might be a quick fix compared to the others.

Axew being weak and not being able to use Dragon Rage properly > Fixed by training.

Excadrill disobeying > Iris makes Excadrill obey her again.

Emolga being a diva and a bit of a kid sometimes > Sort of fixed, but she's off an on with her diva/child like attitude.

Iris isn't that overpowered.

The fact that I, a fan, can see the writers pulling something like this or even similar to it as a possibility is scary.

I actually would love to call you wrong, crazy, sarcastic...but right now I just don't know. If the writers want to make Iris Champion or even close to it, they very well can. No matter how shitty it is and that just sucks.

Well saying that's a bad idea is your opinions, some might like it, even though I sort of wouldn't like that possibility either.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. According to that scan Iris can't control D-Nite's strength. Looks like Dragonite is the new Charizard, this makes me happy. Battling against Dawn and Mamoswine, Iris will probably learn about how Mamoswine was disobedient and Mamoswine will go on to beat Dragonite. Being out of sync with her Pokemon's heart is contradictory to her goal. Dragonite will win without her orders against Langley so I can see Langley calling Iris out on that. I'm actually a lot more okay with Dragonite now. It doesn't give a crap about what she says, thus that win against Georgia didn't mean shit. XD

Thus it won't close the rivalry since it wasn't a "true" win. Georgia will be all "YOU CANNOT CONTROL YOUR DRAGONITE!!"

Oh, and poor Burgundy continues to be made into this show's ass-clown and the new Team Rocket, only appearing as fodder for people to beat and as a foil for comedic bantering with the more calm and cool Cilan. Man, I wanted her to have a Purrloin. But, why that big fire ape? That thing debuted a long, long time ago and there are other Pokemon like Lilligant which would have been interesting against Pansage in a battle.

I could see Cilan winning against Fillerboy with Rock Tomb.

Sadly, no Drayden. Seems more like a glorified Don Battle. No Drayden to be seen. I guess they're saving him for the Iris and his meeting.

The lack of a new rival makes me think he's the guy battling Cilan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom