• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review BW092: Satoshi, Iris, and Shooty! The Last Battle!!

Both battles were good in this episode, so nothing really to say there.

But then I noticed the most? Dawn did absolutely NOTHING in this episode. I know she wasn't going to do anything in this ep anyway, but seriously, this is how you treat the guest character that you brought back for 8 episodes? Out of these 8 episodes Dawn came back for, she was pretty much background in at least 5 of them.

It makes you wonder why they actually treat her so low-key in these BW episodes.

My main problem with the Trip/Ash battle is on the show, speed=evasive abilities. Sure Serperior is fast, but it still should of been hit by pignite.

Huh. They didn't want to grant Krookodile Outrage, so they picked the lesser Dragon Claw. Jeez, imagine them throwing tantrums at the entire stadium if both had Outrages used.

Ash VS Iris was the better of the 2 battles, because there was actually battling in it. Ash VS Trip delivered a hacked evading Serperior which not even Fire Pledge was able to trap it. Then again, they made Ash go all-out aggression where he could have thought of trapping it but nooo!

Nothing else to add in, but this: Come on, Bouffalant! EAT THAT SOLARBEAM!!!

Got to admit, I felt for Iris when Georgia and Burgundy were mocking her after the match.

I loved the creepy music that played at the beginning of Snooty and Satoshi's match. It really made the former seem like a serial killer, which fits because his Jalorda murdered Chaobu in that match.

That being said, the match was actually somewhat fun to watch. The pig lasted quite a bit, managed to dodge the effects of Glare, and he really worked hard against Jalorda. But couldn't it have landed at least one hit? I know the snake is very fast in the games and Chaobu's not exactly a speedy species, but the match felt like Snooty's self-indulgent fanfic.

My main problem with the Trip/Ash battle is on the show, speed=evasive abilities. Sure Serperior is fast, but it still should of been hit by pignite.

Just say "dodge it!" and the most powerful attack will fail

Nothing else to add in, but this: Come on, Bouffalant! EAT THAT SOLARBEAM!!!

yayyyyyy SAP SIPPER!!! XD

Krookodile's sunglasses are bigger XD now Dragonite will be fell ashamed and probably he will be more obedient or at least more accessible...

Really happy about Dragon Claw, now Krookodile neither has to knife people with Stone Edge or bite on people's attacks and throw them around. Dragon Tail would have been nice too.

Slightly annoyed at Serperior god-modding dodge, especially given how every attack nailed Seviper. Kinda makes me think those two should have a match.

I like Dragon Tail on Serperior, I think it works well as an attack for him.

how did the music get so terrible from the previous episode to so good, which was this episode, anyways it's finally good to see a battle that matches up to diamond and pearl's standards, kinda wish pignite would have landed atleast 1 hit though :)

I really want to like this episode and I did, but Trip ruding it agian. Serperior is not that fast and it shouldn't been this strong at all. Really they just want to finish this plot with Trip and Alder so we don't have to deal with this agian in the furture. I really agree with Ash when he grined his teeth that he been robbed of this battle because he didn't hit Serperior at all. Where the episode really grins my gears that Serperior was able to escape Pignite's Fire pighe. I did like Ash and Iris battle the most out of this Arc because it felt like a really battle and the mid evolvtion was a nice touch. I love some of the reaction and screenshots in this episode like Krokrok doing stone edge on all four, Iris defeat cry, and the reaction of Iris and Dragonite when Krokork evovle into Krokoodle XD! I think that I know why Dragonite listen to Iris because Krokork wasn't an ice type. I though about it when Dragonite was fighting the Kami trio in the team rocket preview.

I squeed when Krokorok evolved because Krookodile sounded just like Vector the Crocodile from Sonic. XD Makes sense since they have the same voice actor but I loved it. And I loved that it beat the tar out of Dragonite. I don't know why but I liked the Pikachu/Piplup/Axew moments during Ash and Iris's battle. Pikachu rooted for Ash, Axew rooted for Iris, and Piplup was all neutral about it. But you'd think he'd be for the one that he traveled with for almost 200 episodes :p

I would be more annoyed of the Ash/Trip battle if I didn't love the hell out of that Serperior. It's a shame that Trip has to be the one to own it. What a waste.

Best of the last three episodes by far. Anyone find it weird that Georgia and Burgundy didn't even notice Meloetta when it was staying visible?

Pikachu rooted for Ash, Axew rooted for Iris, and Piplup was all neutral about it. But you'd think he'd be for the one that he traveled with for almost 200 episodes :p
Well Dawn's skirt wan't part of the battle, so I can't see why he'd care.

A huge improvement all round over the underwhelming last two episodes, but everything was still way too rushed. I can't see why Ash and Trip's battle had to be wrapped up so quickly yet Trip gets all of the next ep to battle Alder. All that extremely quick battle really did was set Trip up as a threat in a very contrived way, though I have to say I loved every minute of seeing Serperior animated, even if the battle was too one sided.

The Ash-Iris battle was top grade, but i feel disappointed that even at +3/+4 speed Ash his pokemon could not land a single hit against Serperior.

Sure trip his pokemon has to be shown as a powerhouse to face Alder, but come on.. there is a limit.

I would laugh if Alder his pokemon has Sap Sipper, but Sheer Force seems more appropriate.

Dawn herself seemed closer to Iris than to Ash in the previous episodes. I see nothing wrong with it.

I think that Hikari seems closer to Iris than Satoshi is wrong in and out of itself. They derailed her to glorify Iris, oh well, that's pretty much the usual MO for the Iris show... err... I mean Best Wishes... :p

Seeing this episode,I give it 9/10, especially for the scene Trip winning the Junior Cup

Can anyone tell me what everyone was saying after Iris's loss, when Dragonite was in its slump? Like, what was the gist of Cynthia's pep talk?

She said something along the lines of Iris was not ready to control Dragonite yet. This will presumably be resolved whenever Drayden appears.

As for the actual episode, it wasn't bad. The best of the arc so far. Very satisfying to see Dragonite knocked down a peg (And by a favorite Pokemon of mine too) and Serperior and Pignite's battle, while rather one sided felt somewhat intense. Now c'mon Alder, go smash Trip.

I would laugh if Alder fell asleep against Trip, which pisses Trip off and he orders Serperior to hit Bouffalant with 20 Solarbeams, winning the battle for Trip. xD

Wow....Ash wins by doing what the others should've done in the first place, take advantage of Dragonite's blind fury. So Serperior is fast, too. Woop de doo. Anything to keep the status quo.

And just think, that Serperior would have been humiliated by pokemon like Charizard, Snorlax, Infernape, bulbasaur, and especially Sceptile.
Sigh, these rivals aren't really rivals when we count Ash's past teams. His Sinnoh team would have wiped out the entire tournament.

But I digress, Props to Krookodile for being that much of a bad-ass. You could tell it was a powerful Stone Edge when you saw the screen darken and him glow that much. I just KNEW that would be the end of it. Wish it could learn Shadow-Ball too, just for a kind of beam/projectile attack that's not stone edge.

Serperior is not that fast and it shouldn't been this strong at all.

1. Serperior didn't show anywhere near the power of Krookodile's Dragon Claw.
2. Not that fast? Let's do game data for a while:

103(lowest Pignite)
vs
357(highest serperior)

Assuming Pignite was equal in level(or abilitym in terms of the anime), it would need to use 4 nitro charges to be faster. Assuming a notable level(ability) lead, Pignite can't outspeed Serperior period.

The speed was completely justifiable.

Also lol at Trip's Serperior being humiliated by Snorlax. Snorlax would never catch it. And none of the others could humiliate. Beat it perhaps, but not easily.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom