• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. Since when is finishing second, fourth, etc. out of a dozen or so considered losing?

Exactly. Since when is finishing second, fourth, etc. out of a dozen or so considered losing?

Every time. There's only one winner so to speak in competitions.

Still, even if you come in second, it's still better than coming in third. Or the worst of all, dead last.

Yeah that may be true but there is also a saying, that "No one remembers Second Place." Anyways Ash has done extremely well in these tournaments so far so he is at least up to par. He even managed to beat the trainer who knocked him off at the first tournament which is why I am somewhat livid that Trip won here beacuase he couldn't even advance through a single round in the first two tournaments.

Dawn as a character herself was handled more than decent during her DP run, but when it comes to Best Wishes' power of plot all of that is pretty much thrown out the window.

Paul could've entered this thing and I wouldn't put it pass the writers one bit to have had him lose against Trip or Iris just to make them look good. In Best Wishes logic is ignored beyond all reason, which is why I personally can't wait for Generation 6 for the writers to start fresh. Anybody realize that Ash's final gym badge should have been a wake up call, and that this tournament should have been a way for him to train for the League? All in all, it wasn't.

Trip is battling the Champion. Iris is defeating her rival(beyond cheaply) and the past main girl. Trip is getting revenge against Dent, while Burgundy's development has been thrown out the window.

Ash gets an evolution, great the Krok is indeed awesome, but it takes yet another evolution to make him succeed. Had this been the first all saga, it would have been loads more easier to swallow. But it isn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am somewhat livid that Trip won here beacuase he couldn't even advance through a single round in the first two tournaments.

Ever heard of progression? It's not as if Trip didn't show any skill before. Besides, he lost the first 2 tournaments with the same Pokemon.

They just wanted to redeem Trip for that loosing streak he was having in the past I guess. I don't know why they won't let Ash win one freakin tournament to redeem himself? Hes going to loose the league any ways, whats the point? What they should do is have Ash win the league than loose to some big time have him want to travel some more.

Not that fussed that this could be Hikari's exit. I think she had a mix of funny moments in her cameo, and she seems to be having a good battle against Iris that reflects her experiences and level of skill. With the future episodes concerning Meloetta and the Rockets there isn't really much more she could do without being completely in the background in my opinion.

I'm of the opinion that Banjirou will debut here to watch Adeku's match, and with Shooty loosing to Adeku, he'll go on to play a double rival-role. I think a logical argument regarding the new rival debuting here, but not entering the Tournament is something to consider and I do wonder how they'll explain it if its the case.

Mainly I'm looking forward to the battle itself, and hoping to see some good strategies used, with Satoshi keeping a close watch. One or two moments where Shooty gets the better of Adeku temporarily or gets somewhat of an effective hit in would be realistic in my opinion.

Ash's losses in the last two touraments were fine, he preformed well in in the Don battle and it is completely understandeble that Excadrill would beat Pikachu, granted it was silly of Ash to chosse Pikachu when he knew Iris would counter with Excadrill. Using Scraggy, his weakest Pokemon, it makes perfect sense that Throh would have beat him. He did brilliant against Simisage and Simipour so I don't see the problem. Losing to, presumably Serperior, will be perfectly understanable unless he uses Unfezant or Leavanny, who I think could both have a chance of winning. Pikachu has years of experiance and is possibly the strongest Pikachu ever, but he is still a Pikachu so it would be tough, not impossible, but tough for Pikachu to win.

Equally Trip's losses were perfectly fine, twice in the first round, Ash and Scraggy would have lost in the first round if their first opponent Throh. Trip is obviously a very skilled trainer, just at the time Cilan and Dwebble were better. Emboar and Bianca were perhaps on par with Conkelldur and it just happened that way. Dosent mean Trip is weak, dosen't mean Conkelldur is weak.

I don't like Trip, haven't cared for him since BW022 and of course I'd like to see Ash win, but it is not at all unbelivable that Trip would Ash here. I accept their first battle as well, Pikachu was without electricaty and clearly exhausted. The other battles were fine as Ash's new Pokemon were all in the same position as Trip's new pokemon.

The only thing I dont agree with is Pikachu losing to Servine, the battle with Tranquill was not too trying, Pikachu shoul have beaten Servine and mabye even Frillish.

But without getting of topic, I'll judge this not by the matchups and their outcomes but by animation, scrpt and writing.

Not that fussed that this could be Hikari's exit. I think she had a mix of funny moments in her cameo, and she seems to be having a good battle against Iris that reflects her experiences and level of skill. With the future episodes concerning Meloetta and the Rockets there isn't really much more she could do without being completely in the background in my opinion

What about the fact that none of her pokemon did anything besides Piplup and Mamoswine? Kind of a waste too, its like the rest of her team doesn't even exist.

That screams of being in the same vein as the May departure. Dawn is probably going to beat Ash since losing two times in a row would be too bad.

They will tie, especially if its a Piplup Vs. Oshawott battle like I'm expecting. It will settle the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry.

That screams of being in the same vein as the May departure. Dawn is probably going to beat Ash since losing two times in a row would be too bad.

They will tie, especially if its a Piplup Vs. Oshawott battle like I'm expecting. It will settle the Piplup and Oshawott rivalry.

A battle between Piplup and Oshawott? That would actually be pretty cool.

This new info kinda makes me think the battle against alder wont take up much time. They've got to squeeze in the final match at some point to, unless its in the previous episode.

I honestly doubt that. The battle should be representing about how much Dawn grew as a coordinator and person in her journey with Ash in Sinnoh(which they didn't do in the last episode of DP) and how much better she got in Hoenn. Not some battle to prove who has the highest chance to get laid by Meloetta. That would demean it.

Togekiss needs this battle the most to prove its worth.

I honestly doubt that. The battle should be representing about how much Dawn grew as a coordinator and person in her journey with Ash in Sinnoh(which they didn't do in the last episode of DP) and how much better she got in Hoenn. Not some battle to prove who has the highest chance to get laid by Meloetta. That would demean it.
Dawn's role in this arc has been focused on Piplup and Oshawott's rivalry far more than on her development; she has said absolutely nothing about Hoenn. Anyway, her winning against Ash (rather than tying) wouldn't prove anything about her career as a coordinator.

Dawn's role in this arc has been focused on Piplup and Oshawott's rivalry far more than on her development; she has said absolutely nothing about Hoenn. Anyway, her winning against Ash (rather than tying) wouldn't prove anything about her career as a coordinator.

There's nothing to settle about Piplup and Oshawott's "rivalry". It's just that, comic relief that shouldn't by any means interfere. A battle between them won't really solve anything. If they wanted to battle to prove their worth to Meloetta, they would have already did so by now. I disagree with how this battle won't prove anything about her career as a coordinator with the symbolism. Think about it. She's going to battle her mentor, the person who has helped her grow, who taught her what he knew so she could apply it to herself as a person and a coordinator to get better results and achievements. Battling together would show the bond they achieved during their journey together.

The Oshawott and Piplup "rivalry" would demean it by being a distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom