• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview BW093: The Junior Cup of Farewells and Meetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'd be weird because Iris had no business beating Hikari in the first place... XD I think it'll be close, I think they've played the tie card before with Mammoo and Chaobu and that they won't play it again. I kinda feel like they'll have Satoshi win, but have Dawn get something out of the battle to compensate (see below).

I'd say she had plenty of ''business'' of beating Dawn if they were paired to battle eachother, y'know. :p (And vice versa)

Ash better win. But, if this indeed will be Dawn's last battle, then she should at least put up a good fight.

I think all of Hikari's Pokémon could get a win against Pikachu.

Wow. I can't tell you how much I disagree with this. Like, it's no limit.

(or Haruka's)

True. I wouldn't go as far as say that everyone can beat it, but probably a couple, like Blaziken or Venusaur.

He's a regular Pikachu, slightly stronger than your average Pikachu, 99% of the time, and none of Hikari's Pokémon are weak, all of them had good battles.

I wouldn't say that it's about Pikachu itself in this matter, but Pikachu and Ash combined. After all, in most cases, a Pokémon's strength is determined by its Trainer's strength. A couple of clear exceptions would naturally be Togekiss and Dragonite, though. :p

I think pretty much most of them are weak. Or not ''weak'', but just not, y'know, strong. Some of them are definitely, while others are better at appealing rather than battling. That's the impression I've got from her Pokémon, and up against Ash's Pikachu, I don't think any of them would've been able to win. Possibly Mamoswine if it knew an Earth-type move, but even if it did I'd say that Pikachu would still win. But that's just me.

Quilava would probably be the best choice against Ash's Pikachu though. I can't determine its strength naturally as I haven't seen it battle yet, but I'll assume that it is about as fast as Ash's Quilava, which in that case would counter Pikachu's own speed. I think they'll be even.

EDIT: I really don't see what's wrong with Dawn competing in the Wallace Cup again. It's a contest, right? It would only be nice if she got back on track after her ''vacation/training'' in Unova. As the previous Champion, she'd naturally want to defend her title, not to mention that the Ribbon will help her in the Hoenn Contests too. As long as I won't have to see it, I think it's fine. I just hope we'll get a reference to her rivals.

Last edited:
Maybe Dawn will mention May like Ash did with Misty in Diamond & Pearl?

I would've liked a double battle with Pikachu & Oshawott versus Dawn's Piplup and Togekiss. But oh well...

I think its mostly due to the fact that the writers don't quite seem to know what to do with her now. They have to write her off the show again somehow but they keep changing where she's supposed to be going.

How exactly are they changing where she's supposed to be going?

If she is done in Hoenn, then why is she going to Johto to compete in another Wallace Cup rather than to start another journey?

How do you know she isn't starting another journey in Jouto?

How exactly are they changing where she's supposed to be going?

- In DP191, the reason she said she couldn't go to Pallet Town with Ash is because she wanted to enter Buneary in a Pokestylist photoshoot.

- In her special she says she's departing to Hoenn for Contests

- In BW she comes to Unova to compete in something that has no relation to contests whatsoever

- Now in this episode it says she's heading to Johto, as if the Hoenn quest was either forgotten about or swept under a rug. Did she even with the Hoenn Grand Festival then?

Its like they're having her travel from Sinnoh, to Hoenn, to Unova, to Johto, and probably back to Hoenn again.

- In DP191, the reason she said she couldn't go to Pallet Town with Ash is because she wanted to enter Buneary in a Pokestylist photoshoot.

- In her special she says she's departing to Hoenn for Contests

- In BW she comes to Unova to compete in something that has no relation to contests whatsoever

- Now in this episode it says she's heading to Johto, as if the Hoenn quest was either forgotten about or swept under a rug. Did she even with the Hoenn Grand Festival then?

Its like they're having her travel from Sinnoh, to Hoenn, to Unova, to Johto, and probably back to Hoenn again.

So she travels a lot... and? She already completed the first three things on that list, so I don't know what else you guys expect her to do. Just sit around and not accomplish anything? If she wants to be a Top Coordinator she needs to travel around and enter everything she can. The Mikuri Cup is a big event, so of course she'd want to go no matter what else she's up to.

I suspect Quilava Vs. Pikachu will end in a tie, like virtually 90% of the Ash and Dawn battles do.

Dawn beating Ash would make BW Ash look even more pathetic, and Dawn losing would be too mean from a writers perspective. I suspect either double KO or their battle gets interrupted much like the Dawn/Cilan match was.

I'd say she had plenty of ''business'' of beating Dawn

It didn't lead anywhere, served no purpose whatsoever and only served to show just how much more powerful than every other Pokémon Kairyu is, glorifying Iris in the process.

I think pretty much most of them are weak.

And yet all of them had some major battles against very strong opponents, have a close bond with their trainer and have a unique style of battling that can give Satoshi or anybody some trouble (Except Iris, because she mysteriously forgets herself for that battle). Equally, we saw synched up Satoshi and Pikachu get some very casual defeats against trainers of every caliber, from beginners to League Champions, they're not some unbeatable team.

I think Satoshi'll win to hype him up for the League, but I don't think it would be unbelievable for Hikari to win.

30-08-12-3.jpg

30-08-12-4.jpg

Myself said:
If anything, she is taking Mammoo's and Urara's disappointment towards her to heart.

tumblr_m5inkavTGL1qzcszb.png

Trip shaking with Alder telling him wrong was compelling, Kotetssuuuuuu<3 was awesome, Iris playing with Riolu's ears was cute and Dawn leaving is great.

Can't wait ^_^. The Trip and Alder battle has the potential to be one of the most compelling yet.

Edit:

Guys, what if Trip wins against Alder?

Lol, it certainty looks like Serperior is smacking Bouffalant around. I hope this episode serves to show us a different side to Trip, he really needs it.

Oh, and the battle between Ash/Dawn looks pretty good.

Trip shaking with Alder telling him wrong was compelling, Kotetssuuuuuu<3 was awesome, Iris playing with Riolu's ears was cute and Dawn leaving is great.

Can't wait ^_^. The Trip and Alder battle has the potential to be one of the most compelling yet.

Edit:

Guys, what if Trip wins against Alder?
Trip would likely be a mere opponent for the league, and Ash would likely lose to Kotetsu as his new rival.

....He IS the new rival? You had better live up to that position, boy. Actually...heh. It would be rather fitting for Samurott to be Ash's doom. It all comes full circle.

Yeah, they're making it pretty obvious that this Kotetsu kid is the "new rival". His design is nothing to write home about, so hopefully he at least has a fun personality.

Based on the preview;

Seems like Trip is giving Bouffalant a run for its money. I suppose that the only reason Serperior is the ONLY Pokemon he used in all 4 rounds is for the audience to say that "Hey, this is his fully evolved Starter Pokemon and its pretty strong!"

But I'm pretty sure the only reason for doing that is because if it were just a Pokemon barely trained Alder would end the match in no time flat, but for the sake of making the exhibition match good it had to be a Pokemon that could do damage to a Champion's.

Still seems cheap seeing how it defeated 3 fire types and a Bug/Rock type. I suppose its because Trip raised it to such a high level that its stats both offensively and defensively can rival that of Pokemon who have an advantage over it. That's my alternative opinion besides saying that the writers are just rushing the Trip/Alder story-arc I guess...

Seeing those sparks (light colored sparks) come off of Bouffalant's afro seems to imply that Solarbeam it took was absorbed due to Sap Sipper and Trip kind of shaking and commanding Dragon Tail means that its the only move that can damage it. Just a theory.

Would be cool to see Leer be rendered useless due to Bouffalant's afro preventing it locking eyes with the attack.

Pretty sure this won't stack up to the Paul/Brandon episode in DP, but hopefully this battle won't be crap and we get a good one to end the tournament.

It didn't lead anywhere, served no purpose whatsoever and only served to show just how much more powerful than every other Pokémon Kairyu is, glorifying Iris in the process.

In your eyes, it didn't lead anywhere. In mine, it did. If Iris was to lose in the first round, for example, this whole Dragonite issue would've been completely ignored throughout the whole tournamet. Iris would've taken the same seat as Dento and Dawn currently has, and then the Dragonite problem would've been saved for some other episode, with it suddenly being solved before having any kind of development at all, since it would've been ignored in the tournament if she lost early.

All these victories for Iris has lead to more development for Dragonite, and it's clear that it's still not over. So, when the issues between them finally are solved, it'll be justified considering all the development both of them went through in the tournament. That's what I see.

And yet all of them had some major battles against very strong opponents, have a close bond with their trainer and have a unique style of battling that can give Satoshi or anybody some trouble (Except Iris, because she mysteriously forgets herself for that battle). Equally, we saw synched up Satoshi and Pikachu get some very casual defeats against trainers of every caliber, from beginners to League Champions, they're not some unbeatable team.

I think Satoshi'll win to hype him up for the League, but I don't think it would be unbelievable for Hikari to win.

I don't agree. Buneary, for an example, hasn't had a major battle against a very strong opponent since it fought Meditite. It had a battle with a Wailmer, but since Dawn pretty much remained surperior throughout the whole battle I wouldn't say that it was a ''major battle''. I also don't think Cyndaquil (now Quilava) was especially strong, but that was due to the reason that I never got to see it in a real 1 v 1 battle, but only double battles. It was clear to me that when it battled along Mamoswine, Mamoswine was the one who was truly causing all the damage. But, at the same time, Cyndaquil became amazingly powerful after it just had hatched, going toe-to-toe with Ash's Grotle.
---------------------
Wow. I can't believe that Serperior actually is giving a Champion's Pokémon a run for its money. That's crazy. STUSTUSTUSTUSTU

I actually started warming up to Trip in this tournament, but this is kinda ruining it, but I won't judge until I've seen the whole episode.

Also, I already love the new rival! Apparently, people aren't too please with his design, but I love it. He seems rather chilidsh and determined, so hopefully he'll prove to be a great rival. I'm really looking forward to him.

AND RIOLU!! IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIH!!

AND IRIS IS TOUCHING IT, IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIHH!!

I love it how she always is so curious with Pokémon, and always have to touch and pull their cheeks. She reminds me of my own relationship with animals. xP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom